Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

mythic raiders play as troll?

People say play what race you want the dps is difference is minimal but so many top players are all playing troll on the horde side. Does this mean having a mini lust is a big deal after all?

Probably a carry over from last expansion because troll's racial was just that good and all things equal probably didn't bother to change back. I cannot speak for them though because I play a dirty draenei.

Troll Boomkin reporting in. lol.

tauren and orc =) for them looks.

Blood Elf, 1% crit + Arcane Torrent = Healing Paradise.

Was a troll last xpac due to extra beast damage on many bossses, but it was pretty much removed in WOD. The removal of snapshotting also made the troll racial a lot less interesting for many classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    racials are a lot more balanced this expansion on a PvE standpoint thankfully. Top players probably still want to factor in the 0.1% difference. Regardless of DPS benefits, Trolls master race B)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a huge deal overall, the racials are better balanced than they've been in the past, but it is magnified more with the ring and really fast kills now in general.

Deleted
    It's irrelevant outside of world-first progression. If I was playing Horde I probably wouldn't roll a blood-elf for my DK either. It's just not worth it and I don't intend to play at the level where compromising things that far would be necessary.

Depends on class. Troll is pretty good for Mage (esp. Fire), blood elf is good for rogues/DK.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    racials are a lot more balanced this expansion on a PvE standpoint thankfully. Top players probably still want to factor in the 0.1% difference. Regardless of DPS benefits, Trolls master race B)
    Troll is an extra Starfire in your CD block for Balance. That's quite a bit more than 0.1%, especially on short fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    It's irrelevant outside of world-first progression. If I was playing Horde I probably wouldn't roll a blood-elf for my DK either. It's just not worth it and I don't intend to play at the level where compromising things that far would be necessary.
    Didn't want that extra 4-5 ticks of Breath anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Didn't want that extra 4-5 ticks of Breath anyway.
    Not worth it if you have to be a bitchy anime-elf.

Deleted
    If my Paladin could be a Troll, I would have 11 Trolls. Just because they are so fkn cool.

Not worth it if you have to be a bitchy anime-elf.
    I'd really like you to use that as an argument in your application to top guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I'd really like you to use that as an argument in your application to top guilds.
    And my answer would remain the same. I don't play at world-first level and I've been pulling purple/orange rankings just fine without it. I can understand people saying you should master a certain spec or playstyle because it's noticeably more effective, but changing your entire character just to squeeze out a <1% increase is not the kind of play I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    People say play what race you want the dps is difference is minimal but so many top players are all playing troll on the horde side. Does this mean having a mini lust is a big deal after all?
    Trolls had some of the best racials during MoP and people race changed to get them. Now they are more or less balanced. If they race-change purely for a racial bonus, they place little value on aesthetics. So why would they change back?

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Probably a carry over from last expansion because troll's racial was just that good and all things equal probably didn't bother to change back. I cannot speak for them though because I play a dirty draenei.
    Pretty much this, when just about any and every guild gunning for WF as horde flipped all their dps to troll during ToT progression for the 5% damage bonus vs. beasts (which has been removed, iirc) on top of berserking, which is still a good cooldown, but nowhere near as powerful as it was back then.

And my answer would remain the same. I don't play at world-first level and I've been pulling purple/orange rankings just fine without it. I can understand people saying you should master a certain spec or playstyle because it's noticeably more effective, but changing your entire character just to squeeze out a <1% increase is not the kind of play I'm looking for.
    Well then your post wasn't really of much substance since this was about top players and not Tom, Dick and Harry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Well then your post wasn't really of much substance since this was about top players and not Tom, Dick and Harry.
    There are different levels of what that means. If he was truly gunning for world-first he wouldn't be here asking on MMO-C. On levels below world top-50 guilds, the choice of race really doesn't matter. Other factors make much more of a difference. The fact that there are top-level guilds playing on alliance, without belfs or trolls, shows that it is very much possible.