Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Every class has a defensive they can use if they get shackle during wrought, externals should be used on tanks.

The reason why warrior should attack the doomfire during ring is because they can execute it with sweeping strike it will hit archi so they'll get a bigger ring explosion. Same for the death callers they can cleave on archi while destroying the deathcaller.

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    Every class has a defensive they can use if they get shackle during wrought, externals should be used on tanks.

The reason why warrior should attack the doomfire during ring is because they can execute it with sweeping strike it will hit archi so they'll get a bigger ring explosion. Same for the death callers they can cleave on archi while destroying the deathcaller.
    Doomfire is bursted by Soul Capactors, warrs dont even get a change to execute them. And they should be focusing Deathcallers already

We usually don't focus deathcaller at all in p1, cleaves usually leave it at like below 10% when archi transitions into p2 then we just use excutes to finish it off. I usually switch to doomfire as hunter, I get in perhaps 2 aimed and 1 chim before it's dead.
    We focus down the second deathcaller then hold dps a bit til last wrought cast and then we move to next point and group up so we can aoe/cleave down all the adds (including 3rd deathcaller) we pop 2nd ring at a point where it should explode shortly after all adds are down and hit only boss. We might get a 4th deathcaller but we have had a few tries where we do not. (either way it's not a problem to deal with it while we wait for first conduits.)
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2016-03-09 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Disc priest never uses pain supp... WTF (3 times in 15 pulls)

Your Hpal never uses hand of Sac... WTF!! x2 (0 times ever). Can divine prot himself for wrought to take 40% less damage too and most of the time doesn't
    These kind of things need to either be arranged by officers ahead of time or called for by the tanks - as a healer, you don't know when exactly the tank needs something from you unless you want to track all the cooldowns and active mitigations of your tanks.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    We usually don't focus deathcaller at all in p1, cleaves usually leave it at like below 10% when archi transitions into p2 then we just use excutes to finish it off. I usually switch to doomfire as hunter, I get in perhaps 2 aimed and 1 chim before it's dead.
    We focus down the second deathcaller then hold dps a bit til last wrought cast and then we move to next point and group up so we can aoe/cleave down all the adds (including 3rd deathcaller) we pop 2nd ring at a point where it should explode shortly after all adds are down and hit only boss. We might get a 4th deathcaller but we have had a few tries where we do not. (either way it's not a problem to deal with it while we wait for first conduits.)

We focus 1st Deathcaller after transition to P2 (He's usually at 30%). As said, Soul Capacitors and Prysmatic Crystal handle Doomfire withtout problems. The 2nd Deathcaller die as fast as possible, and the 3rd comes when we have ring up. He usually dies at ring explosion. I was expecting to not get the 4th Deathcaller... but the DPS seem like can't accomplish that. I will have to handle this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    These kind of things need to either be arranged by officers ahead of time or called for by the tanks - as a healer, you don't know when exactly the tank needs something from you unless you want to track all the cooldowns and active mitigations of your tanks.
    It's arraged on AA. Take a look at a few notes I made about the fight:

P1 (Zerg ~140M) --> 225k/DPS [2 Rings no Pull & All DPS CDs]
    00:07 - Doomfire (10.5M)
    00:17 - Death Brand (12.21M - 440K + 90k/s until add die)
    85% - Desacrate. (50k/3seg) [Ring Heal]
    00:30 - Allure
    00:41 - Shadowfel Burst (2 seg cast, 654k/8yd)
    00:45 - Limite [72% ~ Coccun + Pain Supression Munkin]

P2 (HPS + Mecanica) - Trasition with 44seg
    *Wrought Chaos (1.5seg cast, 3 tics com intervalo de 6seg cada)
    *Death Brand (12.21M - 440K + 90k/s until add die)
    *Felborn Overfiend (4.3M HP) & Dogs (6 com 1.7M HP) (Comes at 55% do boss)

00:50 - Wrought Chaos [Revival 2o tick]
    01:10 - Shackled Torment
    01:24 - Death Brand
    01:28 - Allure of Flames
    01:57 - Wrought Chaos [Totem + RC Nouxer 3o tick + Personals + Vigilances]
    01:54 - Shackled Torment [Portal Lock]
    ~02:03 - Felborn Overfiend
    ~02:03 - Dogs
    02:09 - Death Brand
    02:17 - Allure of Flames
    02:31 - Shackled Torment [Stampede Munkin]
    ~02:31 - Dogs
    02:39 - Wrought Chaos [Ring Heal 2 segundos before.]
    ~02:49 - Felborn Overfiend
    02:49 - Death Brand (Must be avoided)

P3 (Mecanica + DPS) - Transition at 2:45min
    *Dance -4 Patterns [Esquerda, Esquerda, Direita]
    [Direita, Esquerda, Direita]
    [Direita, Esquerda, Meio]
    [Direita, Esquerda, Fundo]
    *Conduit - Rangeds 8 yd
    *Mark of Legion (4 players, 1.5M dmg, range 8)
    *Void star (5 voids, same position always)

02:54 - Conduit
    03:07 - Mark of Legion
    03:19 - Rain of Chaos [RC Dead + Ascedance]
    03:35 - Fonte (Kill)
    03:48 - Dance
    04:03 - Void Star
    04:11 - Mark of Legion
    04:22 - Rain of Chaos [Revival Jhony]
    04:37 - Fonte
    04:47 - Dance
    04:58 - Conduit
    05:11 - Mark of Legion [Ring Heal]
    05:22/27 - Void Stars + Rain of Chaos [CD DPS + Pot + RC Nouxer + Totem + Pot Healers]
    05:38 - Dance [Stampede Munkin]
    05:53 - Fonte [Tank dies]
    06:04 - Void Star
    06:11 - Mark of Legion [Smoke Bombs + SLT + Barrier]
    06:20 - Rain of Chaos [Pot Healers + RC Dead + Ascedance]
    06:32 - Conduit
    06:43/06:49 - Void Star + Dance
    06:58 - Mark of Legion (Sacrifice?)
    07:09 - Fonte
    07:17 - Dança
    (Boss must die near this point)

That's way too complicated/bloated of an AA (if it is indeed that) to have on your screen during raiding. If your raiders need all that information on their screen to kill Archi, then your problem runs deeper really. Additionally, it's not even accurate, seeing as a lot of those abilities are HP based rather than timer-based.

Also, I don't see why you'd need any Externals (and 2 of them) on the bear for that one deathcaller that spills over to P2 from P1. He should have enough stuff on his own to survive the small window where that deathcaller is up. You don't seem to be assigning VE as well. It's pretty strong to neglect (he does use it on his own but presumably at random points as the healing should be higher).
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-03-09 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    That's way too complicated/bloated of an AA (if it is indeed that) to have on your screen during raiding. If your raiders need all that information on their screen to kill Archi, then your problem runs deeper really. Additionally, it's not even accurate, seeing as a lot of those abilities are HP based rather than timer-based.

Also, I don't see why you'd need any Externals (and 2 of them) on the bear for that one deathcaller that spills over to P2 from P1. He should have enough stuff on his own to survive the small window where that deathcaller is up. You don't seem to be assigning VE as well. It's pretty strong to neglect (he does use it on his own but presumably at random points as the healing should be higher).

Hehe, that's not the AA, is the officer notes. AA is a way more compact and organized. And yes, some are HP based but its related to our DPS, for example, I got change some timer because our DPS is lower than expect, instead of goingo to P3 at 2:45, I got change to ~3:00 and set CDs for 4th Deathcaller. I usually try to do this on every boss to figure out best timers for each Major CD.

We'are using External because when P1 ends, tanks lose the Shadow Dmg Reduction from Golden Orb, and he starts to take a LOT of dmg.

Yep, I forgot VE, gonna set it, will help a lot for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Almom View Post
    We'are using External because when P1 ends, tanks lose the Shadow Dmg Reduction from Golden Orb, and he starts to take a LOT of dmg.
    Yeah but he's going out of a phase where he received 0 Shadow Dmg so he should have enough Active Mitigation to cycle through for those 6-7 seconds that it takes you to finish off the Deathcaller.

PS: He never received any of those externals anyway. So no, he's surviving on his own just fine.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-03-09 at 02:18 PM.

Yeah but he's going out of a phase where he received 0 Shadow Dmg so he should have enough Active Mitigation to cycle through for those 6-7 seconds that it takes you to finish off the Deathcaller.
    He usually take one Shadow Blast (Shadow Dmg) with 4 stacks, and Death brand is Ticking for about 300k/sec Shadow Dmg, he needs CD for those 7sec.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...35&end=2614741

That's your best try (wipe 5 - can't be arsed looking at every single one of them). Deathcaller took 8 seconds to die within P2, during which he took 1.37million damage (and that's including Death Brand, Shadow Blast and the melee swings by the Deathcaller), which is just 170k dmg/sec. In fact, most of that damage was absorbed, he only took around 330k damage across 8 seconds. He didn't have any externals on him. Explain to me how he NEEDS externals for those 7-8 seconds.

Edit: Actually fuck it. That's Wipe 1 (your 2nd best attempt I guess):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...78&end=1155388

520k damage taken until Deathcaller is dead. No externals used.

Wipe 8:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...76&end=3932586

113k damage taken until Deathcaller is dead. No externals used.

Wipe 9:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...87&end=4553941

It took you 15 seconds to kill the deathcaller. He took around 1.5m damage, which is a measly 100k/sec (I know it spikes more than that but you get my point). So even here, where your DPS just massively fucked up, he was still able to survive with 0 externals.

Do you want me to go on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almom View Post
    We're at 56 wipe atm. I'm trying this strategy to make the fight shorter possible, because my guild members use to fail at one shot mechanics a LOT.
    Hate to break it to you, but 56 wipes is very early in this boss, and the 1 doomfire strat doesn't make the fight shorter. It just makes P1/2 easier, but you have a longer P3. P3 is where you have way more one-shot mechanics, so spending more time there if that's an issue is going to be very painful for you. Didn't dodge seething corruption? Dead. Stood in infernal landing during one of the later waves? Likely dead. Didn't spread out for conduits? Whole raid is dead. Didn't get to the right spot with mark of the legion? At least one death. Between switching to each of the different adds quickly, dodging things, spreading at the right times and stacking at the right times, there is more personal responsibility for the entire raid in P3 than P1 or P2. Having 2 doomfires is more challenging for your healers in those early phases, but a longer P3 is more challenging for everyone. Your dps as they currently look is going to have a lot of trouble with that 4th wave of infernals if you can get there with everyone alive without hero to help.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...35&end=2614741

That's your best try (wipe 5 - can't be arsed looking at every single one of them). Deathcaller took 8 seconds to die within P2, during which he took 1.37million damage (and that's including Death Brand, Shadow Blast and the melee swings by the Deathcaller), which is just 170k dmg/sec. In fact, most of that damage was absorbed, he only took around 330k damage across 8 seconds. He didn't have any externals on him. Explain to me how he NEEDS externals for those 7-8 seconds.

Edit: Actually fuck it. That's Wipe 1 (your 2nd best attempt I guess):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...78&end=1155388

520k damage taken until Deathcaller is dead. No externals used.

Wipe 8:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...76&end=3932586

113k damage taken until Deathcaller is dead. No externals used.

Wipe 9:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...87&end=4553941

It took you 15 seconds to kill the deathcaller. He took around 1.5m damage, which is a measly 100k/sec (I know it spikes more than that but you get my point). So even here, where your DPS just massively fucked up, he was still able to survive with 0 externals.

Do you want me to go on?

He was asking for some External CDs, if he take only this dmg, look like just Coccun is enough. o0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but 56 wipes is very early in this boss, and the 1 doomfire strat doesn't make the fight shorter. It just makes P1/2 easier, but you have a longer P3. P3 is where you have way more one-shot mechanics, so spending more time there if that's an issue is going to be very painful for you. Didn't dodge seething corruption? Dead. Stood in infernal landing during one of the later waves? Likely dead. Didn't spread out for conduits? Whole raid is dead. Didn't get to the right spot with mark of the legion? At least one death. Between switching to each of the different adds quickly, dodging things, spreading at the right times and stacking at the right times, there is more personal responsibility for the entire raid in P3 than P1 or P2. Having 2 doomfires is more challenging for your healers in those early phases, but a longer P3 is more challenging for everyone. Your dps as they currently look is going to have a lot of trouble with that 4th wave of infernals if you can get there with everyone alive without hero to help.

Hmmm, I will consider doing a 4 Heals - 2 doomfire if I dont get any decent try today. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    yeah that wipe amount is early on, but he's coming to us for help from what it seems like just himself trying to run the show without much support from others in his raid digging in logs. It's a good thing he did come here too since there's some big issues from multiple people

As for CDs being called out, the RL shouldnt have to micro manage every person's major abilities unless they specifically need someone to save an ability to help a section. Not using those abilities AT ALL without being told to shows that person needs to step up and not just be some robot in the fight and help adapt to situations. Just bc the RL didnt call for those abilities isnt an excuse for someone not to do something that's key in their role

Callers 1&2 you can negate with the orb. #3 you can use your CD and 4 (if you see it) should be the other tank's CDs so you shouldnt be running out. DC 1&2 are mostly ignored since the orbs stop all their damage and you want to push boss, but my links before shows the warriors absolutely terrible on #3 where you're dying that's the main point. #4 could be ignored if DPS low and you need to shove boss to phase; it could be low DPS anyways since higher DPS wont get a #4.

IF you ever do need some help in mitigation those healers should be doing it. I dont even get why the warriors are on shackle damage mit duty with vig and those 2 healers arent.

3 heal 2 doomfire is very doable too.

You've got your counts wrong there Astynax. On a 1 Doomfire strategy, only the 1st Deathcaller gets negated by the orb. 2nd spawns after 1st chains, 3rd spawns after 2nd Wrought and 4th spawns during/right after 3rd Wrought more or less.

As for CDs being called out, I have to disagree. If we are talking about externals, then they most certainly have to be called by the tanks (Cocoon excluded maybe). Sure you can use them willy nilly, but if you overlap them with the tank's (or other externals) they quickly lose effectiveness. You'll probably say that, even that is better than them not being used, but, in my mind, most of the fault of unused externals lies on the tanks, than the players themselves.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-03-09 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    yeah that wipe amount is early on, but he's coming to us for help from what it seems like just himself trying to run the show without much support from others in his raid digging in logs. It's a good thing he did come here too since there's some big issues from multiple people

As for CDs being called out, the RL shouldnt have to micro manage every person's major abilities unless they specifically need someone to save an ability to help a section. Not using those abilities AT ALL without being told to shows that person needs to step up and not just be some robot in the fight and help adapt to situations. Just bc the RL didnt call for those abilities isnt an excuse for someone not to do something that's key in their role

Callers 1&2 you can negate with the orb. #3 you can use your CD and 4 (if you see it) should be the other tank's CDs so you shouldnt be running out. DC 1&2 are mostly ignored since the orbs stop all their damage and you want to push boss, but my links before shows the warriors absolutely terrible on #3 where you're dying that's the main point. #4 could be ignored if DPS low and you need to shove boss to phase; it could be low DPS anyways since higher DPS wont get a #4.

IF you ever do need some help in mitigation those healers should be doing it. I dont even get why the warriors are on shackle damage mit duty with vig and those 2 healers arent.

3 heal 2 doomfire is very doable too.

Saddly thats the group I have to handle with. We raid only 8hours/week, and I gotta do all the strategy by myself always, and its just me and a officer checking the logs while the 3rd officer takes care of recruting. About CDs, if I dont set, they dont use... And if I set, they still missing sometimes

My group usually get lower Wipe counts on bosses than the other from server, but I just can't support this HFC anymore, just wanna finish as soon as possible, with 150- wipes on arch.

Depending on how well we go today, gonna switch to BL on P3 and 2 doomfires.

You've got your counts wrong there Astynax. On a 1 Doomfire strategy, only the 1st Deathcaller gets negated by the orb. 2nd spawns after 1st chains, 3rd spawns after 2nd Wrought and 4th spawns during/right after 3rd Wrought more or less.

As for CDs being called out, I have to disagree. If we are talking about externals, then they most certainly have to be called by the tanks (Cocoon excluded maybe). Sure you can use them willy nilly, but if you overlap them with the tank's (or other externals) they quickly lose effectiveness. You'll probably say that, even that is better than them not being used, but, in my mind, most of the fault of unused externals lies on the tanks, than the players themselves.
    Yeah the DC numbers I gave were for 2 doomfires

I think I read you don't want the holy pally in but if you have any pallys, Hand of Purity is a REALLY strong CD for the late stages of any deathcaller. Takes a 200k/sec tick down to like 40k. Abuse the heck out of that if you have pallys.
    Git Er Raid
    GM and RL for life

Lost 2 days of raid, but finally get at p3 with raid alive.

Our DPS were better with today's comp, and we made it to 21%. For sure, a lot to learn on P3. Btw, I was wrong about wipe counts, check it out after raid today. We are at 88 wipes now.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Dv92b#fight=17

I'm not sure why you guys aren't lusting P1, you're going to get an extra wrought, have to break an extra set of chains, and deal with more adds. It also looks like you're really close to getting a second Doomfire. 3-healing it with that much DPS, your P3 will likely not see a 5th wave (double warrior wtf), so as long as your healers can deal with the 4th, you should easily be able to kill the boss once people learn how to do marks/dance and separate infernals. Lust in P3 would probably let you kill it just as the 4th wave is landing or just before, but you can't really just ignore mechanics at that point because that's where death happens, and if they land and pulse, you're going to have a bad time, and if you kill that wave, lust didn't do anything for you. If with everyone alive, you're getting Arch to ~15% with that 3rd wave, just lust in P1 because you have good executes, you might manage to kill it before the 4th wave without lust, and getting to P3 faster and more consistently is going to make your progression faster.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-03-15 at 05:34 AM.

We are Lusting at P1.

Our comp aim to deal with 1 Doomfire, 3 Deathcallers (Not getting this) and 4 Infernals (Best try was 25% when the 3rd Infernals come)