Mythic Mannoroth dispels

Hi all,

My guild has just started working on M Mannoroth, and have a question on curse of the legion dispels. Specifically, the second one (for now, at least)

From the logs I've looked at, most guilds dispel all curses immediately except for potentially one in the 2nd/3rd phase that we haven't gotten to yet.

When the 2nd curse goes out and we dispel it immediately, the doom lord spawns and ends up casting mark of doom right before fel implosion hits. So, the three people with marks take damage from the aoe from the imps spawning, blow up and wipe the raid. It happened quite a few times on our last night of working on him.

Our solution was to wait until the imps spawn before dispelling, which worked ok but I feel like I/we are missing something since I haven't seen anyone else have to do this.

Only thing I can think of that might be throwing things off is we kill the first doom lord before he even casts mark at all. Is that maybe throwing the timers off?

Thanks for the help!

Deleted
    It should be fine to dispell it after ~4sec and the Doom will go just after the Imps spawn.

The 2nd Curse (4th or 5th overall depending on how fast you do it) in the phase 2 (or phase 3 if you count the "summoner" phase as Phase 1) should be delayed ~15sec (dispell when there's 5sec left) or you will run into the same problem.

We dispel the first 2 instantly (if we don't skip the second). The imps will land before doom is cast, but you need to kill them or stun them so they don't explode the dooms instantly.

Deleted
    What we do:
    --- Fase 2 ----
    1ste = disspell immediately
    2nd = disspell immediately
    3th (only when dps is low) = disspell immediately
    --- Fase 3 ---
    1ste = let run it out

Some tips: Use ring for 1ste and 3th doomlord (you get only with low dps so use ring on boss if you don't get 1). You almost 1 shot the doomlord with it before he cast doomed.

Here my guilds 1ste kill few weeks ago (resto druid POV): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jdO78KXvUo
    Note: We don't get the first doomlord because the cast was on ur DK.
    Note 2: The 1ste doomlord in fase 3 was on me (pov from the video).
    Last edited by mmoce32335a97a; 2016-03-09 at 01:27 AM.

The "correct" order for most guilds nowaday is:

All adds in P1: Dispell immidiatelly.
    If you're getting imps spawning right after marks go out, you're dispelling a second or two too late. You're supposed to have imps land while the mark is being cast, and then just aoe/stun/knock the imps around for the easiest way to deal with it. Are you sure you have stuns fixed for imps and it's not their random cast exploding stuff rather than their spawn?

First add in P2: Instantly.
    Second add in P2: Let it run out.

Ideally, you want to skip the second add, because it means stopping dps on the boss for a *long* time to wait for the curse to run out. As a high end guild with boostees, we usually have the boss at around 40-43% depending on setup when the first add spawns; Considering push is at 35%, that's plenty close. You can have the boss as high as 50% and still make it in time. Remember, the pillar breaks the instant you enter P3 - you can run the curse timer VERY close to zero without getting an extra curse.

Thanks for tips everyone. I'll pass this information along and let you know how our follow up attempts go.

Just blow the bad ones up with ring explosion and get your DPS to nuke them. That way you don't get the marks and you ignore a lot of mechanics. Don't rly need to push any good numbers on boss in this level of gear as long as you transition at a good time.

Use resto druid to dispel. They can swiftmend first if the person is not high hp. Or get a priest to ninja shield them.

P1(2)
    Add 1: Dispel instantly Ring explosion
    Add 2: Dispel instantly
    Add 3: Dispel instantly Ring explosion

P2(3)
    Add 1: Dispel instantly
    Add 2: Dispel instantly Ring Explosion

Made the fight a lot easier for us when we switched to this tactic. Just need a good melee DPS to know when to pop ring for it to work.

Only hard part was figuring out how to handle the first transition (mages ice blocking ftw)
    Last edited by Bobthegoat; 2016-03-10 at 03:25 PM.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune