Crystal lite v plain water?

So I'm currently cutting weight. I'm going to the gym twice a day burning around 1.4-1.8k calories a day. I've been drinking a lot of water and crystal lite (0 calories no sugar). I was wondering if there was a difference between the two? Like... we have really good water from the sink in Florida, but I'm just... fucking bored of it so I've been drinking crystal lite, but i get a guilty feeling drinking it, like i should be drinking plain water.

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    So I'm currently cutting weight. I'm going to the gym twice a day burning around 1.4-1.8k calories a day. I've been drinking a lot of water and crystal lite (0 calories no sugar). I was wondering if there was a difference between the two? Like... we have really good water from the sink in Florida, but I'm just... fucking bored of it so I've been drinking crystal lite, but i get a guilty feeling drinking it, like i should be drinking plain water.
    This one's easy. Obviously water is the best choice. No other beverage comes close.

And of course there's a difference between water and crystal lite. I've never had crystal lite but I assume it's just a fruit flavored beverage that uses artificial sweetener, aspartame. This same sweetener is also used in diet sodas. While technically this sweetener does have 0 calories it really isn't any healthier than sugar. In fact, I would classify crystal lite as unhealthy.

In addition, I've found that drinks like diet sodas that use aspartame mess with my metabolism and appetite. You'll easily lose more weight if you cut out the crystal lite. Instead have a healthy smoothie or protein shake post workout to aid in recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    This one's easy. Obviously water is the best choice. No other beverage comes close.

And of course there's a difference between water and crystal lite. I've never had crystal lite but I assume it's just a fruit flavored beverage that uses artificial sweetener, aspartame. This same sweetener is also used in diet sodas. While technically this sweetener does have 0 calories it really isn't any healthier than sugar. In fact, I would classify crystal lite as unhealthy.

In addition, I've found that drinks like diet sodas that use aspartame mess with my metabolism and appetite. You'll easily lose more weight if you cut out the crystal lite. Instead have a healthy smoothie or protein shake post workout to aid in recovery.
    Sounds good, thanks for the response man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm, aspartame will only increase your appetite. If water is boring to you then you aren't working out hard enough. Water is the best tasting drink in the world when your body needs it.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    I'd have to disagree, while I don't use aspartame, I do use the sweetners sucralose, it doesn't increase my appetite at all. It gives me my sweet fix without getting calories from it. I'm cutting too and while I don't drink much diet drinks anymore, I can only say for myself it had made things a lot easier for me in terms of appetite than harder.

Obviously, this is my experience. No doubt that water > all though!

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    I'd have to disagree, while I don't use aspartame, I do use the sweetners sucralose, it doesn't increase my appetite at all. It gives me my sweet fix without getting calories from it. I'm cutting too and while I don't drink much diet drinks anymore, I can only say for myself it had made things a lot easier for me in terms of appetite than harder.

Obviously, this is my experience. No doubt that water > all though!
    Sugars and simple carbs are known to make you hungrier and less full at the same time.

You could also try lemon or lime juice in your water. I have an infuser I keep in the fridge with water and lemons/limes.

Nothing is BETTER than water...

10+ Year Old Account
    Water is far and away better. Artificial sweeteners still trigger an insulin response in the body.

Nothing beats water. Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Water is far and away better. Artificial sweeteners still trigger an insulin response in the body.

Nothing beats water. Nothing.
    It's pretty insignificant though, The studies around it seem pretty minimal too.
    Last edited by mmoc0f15686ca4; 2016-03-11 at 05:01 PM.