Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nice change hunters are fixed when is release?

I like the new change to Hunters Mark, its proccing a lot im guessing that'll get normalized soon ish
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

Deleted
    Dumb question, on Xavius testing I was getting Deadeye proc and then vulnerable stacks as well. Is this a bug?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomOblivion View Post
    I like the new change to Hunters Mark, its proccing a lot im guessing that'll get normalized soon ish
    So atm is more like Yay that Not???
    Havent enter in alpha today to see how that change will have impact on the MM playstyle

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said this was just a clarification of how the process works. In theory, it should have been:

PPH = (Weapon speed) / (60 / PPM)
    PPH = (3.0)/(60/8)
    PPH = 3/7.5 = 40% chance per auto-shot hit of proccing

All haste does is give you more hits over a period of time.
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-04-28 at 02:03 PM.

Haven't payed much attention to the Marksman more then old preview videos on youtube.
    How's it looking?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It still needs some tweaks but each time they do it, they have been nerfing the spec. This is because our cleave is the same rotation as our single target. Nerfs have been both on damage level and mobility.

At the moment, it's the only viable spec for Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    They said this was just a clarification of how the process works. In theory, it should have been:

PPH = (Weapon speed) / (60 / PPM)
    PPH = (3.0)/(60/8)
    PPH = 3/7.5 = 40% chance per auto-shot hit of proccing

All haste does is give you more hits over a period of time.
    same dude same

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Odd response...

It was just showing my work to explain how it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomOblivion View Post
    Been doing very limited testing, but I haven't noticed a higher proc rate. The only change is that you get to know when a Hunter's Mark will proc by using Arcane/Multi. That's a nice change but it's mostly a visual aid. It just highlights the ramp up you need: first you need an auto-shot to proc, then an arcane to hunters mark, then a marked to debuff and then you start DPS. I agree that once you get used to it it's not that bad, once debuffed you can sustain the debuffs and with windburst it's rare that you lose everything.

The one thing I do notice now is that with Windburst not being castable on the move I am feeling way too static.

So does this hunters mark change make it so the proc won't sync up with sidewinders? That would be devastating to the talent.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have about same number of shots no matter your haste between to proc the 40% chance that your next sidewinder will put up hunters mark. That is 4.

0% haste = 12 CD / 3.0 = 4 chances
    30% haste = 9.2 CD / 2.3 = 4 chances
    60% haste = 7.5 CD / 1.8 = 4 chances
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-04-29 at 04:08 PM.

Right, but Sidewinders has a CD. Are you going to be forced to hold it even though you run dry on focus just because you don't want sidewinders on cd when the thing procs?

The hunter's mark is 8 RPPM so it should on average proc every 7.5 seconds while sidewinders has a 12 second cooldown so you probably won't be holding sidewinders

also both of the proc's per min and the cd of sidewinders are affected by haste so this will always be the case

Sidewinders cool down drops with haste along with it. I could see this being an issue but i haven't had time to really test it this iteration.

Deleted
    Going by Bellular's video today:

-So stupid they brought LW back as a talent, we have now lost an entire talent line because of it. The variation was good, pet ranged > bm, Pet Melee > Suv, Ranged only > MM
    - AoE and more AoE.. is there no single target style at all? PvP you need to kill your current target and not break everyones CC
    -Hunters mark was removed now brought back into the game? Only now there's multiple versions of it and you have to play keepy up with it

^This is why Alpha-related threads should only be for people who have Alpha/a clue what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    ^This is why Alpha-related threads should only be for people who have Alpha/a clue what they're talking about.
    LOL, touché. Some of us try to be sensible

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Going by Bellular's video today:
    Well shit, that video gave me hope. I was under the impression that the hunter specs were boring af in Legion but that looked awesome. He's obviously not playing the spec right but still, looks fun. I just hope all the talents are competitively tuned, i'd hate there to be an option for a more hands on rotation but it's never used as it's less dps than say, a passive.

It doesn't look fun. In fact I can ditch my keyboard and do the rotation on pedals under my feet. On a single target situation it would suffice with 5 button mouse.

I've tested few Legion dungeons and its boring and no fun to play. Long story short they dumbed down MM hunter even more, no chimaera shot, no kill shot, no traps. Aimed shot is not possible to cast while moving. Sniper training buff was IMO a LOT better.