Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    So just viewed the Q&A, did i hear it correctly that there will be a hidden gun skin for MM?
    Crossbow:

Purchased from the Court of Farondis Quartermaster after reaching Revered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    Crossbow:

Purchased from the Court of Farondis Quartermaster after reaching Revered.
    Now now, that crossbow looks so badass with the Merciless Set & the respective Tier 6. Reminds me of the PvP Crossbow from TBC.

Nice designs there

Deleted
    Hey! Just got my beta invite and finally managed to get my hands on my hunter. I have 2 questions both about focus!
    1.Playing with <Steady Focus> without <Patient Sniper> and/or <Piercing Shot> caps my focus alot!! Is this the case? Am i doing something terribly wrong?
    2.Now that Multi-shot generates focus,it feels like the spec lacks an AOE spender. Marked shot procs doesnt seem enough to dump the focus. It looks like <Piercing Shot> or <Trick Shot> are mandatory for AOE situations,at least from my understanding. So again,what am i doing/understanding wrong here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voda22 View Post
    Spec is totally boring for me, aimed shot at this form is pathetic.
    I see MM as high mobility, not big dmg uptime BUT really big nuke button to push sometimes.

and from pvp perspective lets quote holinka:
    "If a class is very mobile and has a lot of damage uptime, they may need a damage reduction to maintain balance."

okay mr holinka and what about WW, DH rogues?
    Where are they going with this?
    Aimed shot does 560-600k at 110. It's far from pathetic.

Granted that was before the stat nerf, so around 120% increase to focus spending shots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    Hey! Just got my beta invite and finally managed to get my hands on my hunter. I have 2 questions both about focus!
    1.Playing with <Steady Focus> without <Patient Sniper> and/or <Piercing Shot> caps my focus alot!! Is this the case? Am i doing something terribly wrong?
    2.Now that Multi-shot generates focus,it feels like the spec lacks an AOE spender. Marked shot procs doesnt seem enough to dump the focus. It looks like <Piercing Shot> or <Trick Shot> are mandatory for AOE situations,at least from my understanding. So again,what am i doing/understanding wrong here?
    Why would you even play with Steady focus, mm doesn't have focus problems so it's completely useless.

Also Piercing and Trick aren't mandatory for aoe. Sidewinders sets up more constant and higher aoe than either of those.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-07-08 at 05:56 PM.

you do realise that most other dps are hitting for well over 1 million with signiture shots right?.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post

you do realise that most other dps are hitting for well over 1 million with signiture shots right?.
    Like? DKs do with their 5m CD, yes, but what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    1) Hard to say; as I don't have experience with those talent combinations. They're somewhat inferior. Steady focus generally isn't the "go-to" T15 talent for MM hunters.

One of the biggest problems is the lack of a solid focus dump to get you in a position where you can't waste energy pumping out 3 arcane shots in a row.

I mean let's for ease's sake say you have 0% haste and you're at 20 focus (which seems like a good moment to regen some focus).
    Now you pump out 3 arcane shots, which give back 15 focus total, but during that time you also regen 45 focus passively (at 10 focus/sec), so you're at 20+15+45 = 80 focus now.
    Now you're generating focus at 12.5 focus/sec due to the buff. You quickly cast Aimed Shot but before you even finish the shot, you're already overcapping on focus.
    And there is no real good way to prevent that from happening, because even when you're at 50 focus (minimum for aimed shot), by the time you get an aimed shot off you'll be 25 focus ahead, meaning that you'll overcap again if you fire off 3 arcane shots in a row next.

You'll have to either use another focus dump (Marked Shot / Windburst), but those are not always available so you'll overcap eventually.
    The other choice is not keeping a 100% uptime on steady shot; but then why bother picking it up, you might as well overcap.

Patient Sniper helps a lot; as it increases the "soft barrier", from where you can pull off a 3x Arcane + 1x Aimed shot without overcapping, to 45 focus.

Either way I wouldn't really recommend Steady Focus, the whole talent seems to be one of the trademarks of this upcoming expansion. Just another talent with extremely little thought just put in there. No interaction with other talents (e.g. Sidewinders), and very little afterthought into it's functionality and viability in the spec.
    I'm not sure if I can blame the negligence of the devs; or if the game is really just being pushed too fast for such a big project.

2) Maybe we do lack an AoE spender, but that's not really different in Legion than it is in WoD.

Multishot has never been really amazing and has only sees real use on 7+ targets or something and that's if they live long enough after a barrage + chimaera shot + likely steady shots to regen focus.

We still have most abilities we currently have.
    And with the addition of sidewinders and marked shot you actually have some pretty potent bursty AoE damage.

Sidewinders, Barrage and Marked Shot together do quite a lot of AoE damage, unfortunately you can't do much sustained AoE with that.
    But MM hunters have lately been mostly about the single target burst anyway. Combining decent AoE output with that combo combined with focusing down priority targets with our regular damage still should make us good to have along.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post

Bit hard to compare it to other "signature shots" when a lot of them have cooldowns and/or other conditionals.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2016-07-09 at 10:30 AM.

The marked shot debuff is only an issue until you get the artifact talent that gives marked debuff on windburst

Deleted
    sorry to jump in like that! I want to start again with LEGION (I completely skipped WoD and haven't played for 2-3 years now).

I am currently deciding whether to go MAGE or HUNTER. Here is my situation :

- I dislike pets. And by dislike I mean hate with a passion. So Beast Master is a no.
    - I am pretty competitive, but plan on playing "casual" with LEGION. no mythic raids. Only normal and hc with friends.
    - I want to play range dps with LEGION. So Survival is basically a no.

That would leave me with only markmanship as a hunter.

Do you guys think it is worth it playing hunter if I would only be able to focus on 1 spec? Since there is no data from the beta I have absolutely no idea how marksman performs dps-wise.

Marksmanship sounds really fun, but it'd be the only hunter spec I'd play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    sorry to jump in like that! I want to start again with LEGION (I completely skipped WoD and haven't played for 2-3 years now).

- I dislike pets. And by dislike I mean hate with a passion. So Beast Master is a no.
    - I am pretty competitive, but plan on playing "casual" with LEGION. no mythic raids. Only normal and hc with friends.

Do you guys think it is worth it playing hunter if I would only be able to focus on 1 spec? Since there is no data from the beta I have absolutely no idea how marksman performs dps-wise.

You run the risk of Marksman not really being any good, and you being boned because you don't want to play either of the other specs. That alone would make me reconsider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    You run the risk of Marksman not really being any good, and you being boned because you don't want to play either of the other specs. That alone would make me reconsider.
    Very true indeed. Sadly I can't reroll that easily if marksman turns out to be bad

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    So just viewed the Q&A, did i hear it correctly that there will be a hidden gun skin for MM?
    Yeah, and it looks great! BM hidden skin on the other hand is an abomination.

You're better off playing mage. 2 of the three specs don't have a pet and the one that does, has a Lonewolf option. All 3 specs are in a decent place and have a solid tool kit

Obviously, I know its early days yet but could someone give me a rough run down of the guesstimated best talents and "rotation" for single target and AOE? I was playing with MM on the ptr and to be honest it feels awful.... Just trying to wrap my head around the playstyle.

Unfortunately, survival is feeling like our best spec and its bloody melee...

Seriously considering switching to mage as it's the only ranged class that feels smooth and well designed regardless of spec at the moment.

Marksmanship only sounds fun, in the long run it's quite a clunky. If you aren't willing to give SV a try, going hunter might be a bad idea.

Mages changed only a bit, but all for the better imo (except of Fire). Warlocks are also a great pick. When it comes to pets, all specs aside of Demo only use them passively, and Demo feels more like managing a small army.

I finally made a MM hunter on the beta and I really hate sidewinders. Maybe it will grow on me but piercing shot is a lot of fun atm. I got really bored of playing MM in mythic hfc and this is a nice breathe of fresh air.

You know what really grinds my gears? The bad RNG of no Mark procs for ages, then getting one whilst Sidewinders is on CD ;_;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Marksmanship only sounds fun, in the long run it's quite a clunky. If you aren't willing to give SV a try, going hunter might be a bad idea.

Mages changed only a bit, but all for the better imo (except of Fire). Warlocks are also a great pick. When it comes to pets, all specs aside of Demo only use them passively, and Demo feels more like managing a small army.
    I've heard good things about Fire. Why do you think Fire didn't change for the better?

Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    You're better off playing mage. 2 of the three specs don't have a pet and the one that does, has a Lonewolf option. All 3 specs are in a decent place and have a solid tool kit
    Thanks for the answer. I am starting to think maybe I wouldn't hate the pet or melee as much. I have to think a bit about it.

I've heard good things about Fire. Why do you think Fire didn't change for the better?
    That's just a matter of taste. Right now it just feels bland without all the cool stuff it could do. Combustion is being held in check, so you get no more of those crazy DPS moments if you time things really well. Ignite is just a flat damage bonus with pretty much no interactions, aside of spreading. No more Hot Streak timing, which might have been just a programming oversight in WoD, but felt cool to play around.

So, for the most part, it boils down to being the same Fire as Fire in WoD, just without all the funny and broken things, which feels just bland when you can be playing Frost or even Arcane with its crazy talents and fluidity. And the artifact ability doesn't make it much better imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    That's just a matter of taste. Right now it just feels bland without all the cool stuff it could do. Combustion is being held in check, so you get no more of those crazy DPS moments if you time things really well. Ignite is just a flat damage bonus with pretty much no interactions, aside of spreading. No more Hot Streak timing, which might have been just a programming oversight in WoD, but felt cool to play around.

So, for the most part, it boils down to being the same Fire as Fire in WoD, just without all the funny and broken things, which feels just bland when you can be playing Frost or even Arcane with its crazy talents and fluidity. And the artifact ability doesn't make it much better imo.

From the videos I've seen it seems that most classes have been streamlined and reduced to only a couple of buttons.
    Shadow Priest looks pretty fun though