Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm burned out ...

I tried Wildstar yesterday ... I can't do it. I can't do the linear quest lines grind anymore.

I look at the Steam store. Nothing really stands out for me.

Now what?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Join the club.

Deleted
    Hummm.. living your life?

Deleted
    Honestly, find something beside gaming? Not only games seem to get you, but you also have 5,1k posts here.

Now I maybe play 1h per day and started doing a lot of sport. Never been happier in my life.

Gaming sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    For our types, life is too boring.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would if I had one ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Honestly, find something beside gaming? Not only games seem to get you, but you also have 5,1k posts here.

Now I maybe play 1h per day and started doing a lot of sport. Never been happier in my life.

Gaming sucks.
    Probably too old. I don't even job ... my knee starts to hurt after a day or 2 ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I tried Wildstar yesterday ... I can't do it. I can't do the linear quest lines grind anymore.

Now what?
    The Culling is a GREAT game, haven't had this much fun with a game in a while now! Seems like the devs are going to be working based on community response and is all going well so far. It's in early access for around £10, they're constantly balancing things around at the moment which is great. The game is more or less finished, it's literally down to a few new additions + balancing issues!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    The Culling is a GREAT game, haven't had this much fun with a game in a while now! Seems like the devs are going to be working based on community response and is all going well so far. It's in early access for around £10, they're constantly balancing things around at the moment which is great. The game is more or less finished, it's literally down to a few new additions + balancing issues!
    Ah yes, the random forever early access survival multiplayer game that you see streamers play for a bit and then sinks into oblivion like the rest of its kind. He should definitely try that.

Rust, Dayz, H1Z1, something with dinosaurs, Culling.

Much originality, very success.
    Last edited by mmoc57bfc187b9; 2016-03-11 at 11:57 AM.

New metal gear, new batman arkham, tons of ftp mmos. Try Tera! The quests are simple and shitty and the story ain't no azeroth lore but omg the combat is one of the best out there.
    Try Devilian. Mmo with awesome combat and a different perspective. Try Marvel Heroes also!
    U don't Hav to find somn to stick to, jus to hold u off till Legion. Happy hunting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Ah yes, the random forever early access survival multiplayer game that you see streamers play for a bit and then sinks into oblivion like the rest of its kind. He should definitely try that.

Rust, Dayz, H1Z1, something with dinosaurs, Culling.

Much originality, very success.
    At what point does the game being in early access make it a bad game? It's actually a GREAT game, very entertaining and fun to play? How can you turn that into a negative point?

Yes, it's in early access. Yes, it's a good game. What's the issue? Keep it mind he's coming off saying he's burnt out of MMOs are they're literally all more or less the exact same, which is what you're arguing about The Culling...

Also, H1Z1 is doing really well. Once the drama of the game being split up has settled it will still have a big player base, which is currently does FYI

Take up a new hobby?

Deleted
    Try the real world - it can be quiet challenging and have insane graphic ! get out, meet some people , experience the engaging content of "earth"

Deleted
    Get yourself Netflix or something like that and watch through some shows.
    My recommendations:
    Breaking bad,
    Prison break,
    House of cards,
    Marco Polo,
    Narcos,
    Dexter.
    And there's more
    Should keep you busy a couple of months

the witcher 3 and skyrim manage to keep me busy. no clue if you like those games but its always a nice way to zone out

10+ Year Old Account
    Read a book, travel somewhere new, watch any series that might appeal to you.
    There's always something to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you mentioned a F2P game, try Warframe.

If you have money, get The Division.

Deleted
    You can do that and game, just fine...

@OP, Try The Division! It has mmo/rpg elements, but is far from the generic/typical mmo grind. Plus, it's a healthy break from magic, wizards, trolls or nauseatingly hideous anime style graphics. I don't think I can ever play a typical (wow clone) mmo anymore.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rosetta Stone. Just pick a language you'd like to learn. If it's a different alphabet, download an app to learn that first. Then get started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

Now what?
    Same here. There is nothing satisying anymore. Started to learn playing piano. I enjoy it alot.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    @OP, I had the same problem...WoW, Hearthstone, 330+ steam games, several Origin Games (BF4, Star Wars Battlefront, SWTOR, Fifa 16)...and I "found" nothing to play despite long business weeks and happy to have some free hours. I did not even finish the solo missions of FallOut 4, GTA V or Witcher 3. I was burned out as well.
    I bought an IPad Air 2 some weeks ago, it became my main playing "System"/Toy now. There are tons of casual games and timesinks. The Tablet filled a gap I somehow faced.
    When I now start my PC i play more focused and pick a game from my huge backlog.