Upgrading to 1440p - GTX970 I5 3470 good enough?

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a new 1440p monitor and think I'm going to get the ASUS pg279q which will be a big upgrade from my 1080p 60hz LG monitor but am wondering whether i should upgrade my GPU and CPU.

Currently i have a GTX 970 and I5 3470 do you think this will be good enough for wow or should i upgrade?

Thanks,

10+ Year Old Account
    Good enough for WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankWhiteJR View Post
    Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a new 1440p monitor and think I'm going to get the ASUS pg279q which will be a big upgrade from my 1080p 60hz LG monitor but am wondering whether i should upgrade my GPU and CPU.

Currently i have a GTX 970 and I5 3470 do you think this will be good enough for wow or should i upgrade?

Thanks,
    I ran WoW on my I5 4690k + 970 on a 4k monitor and it was running smooth as hell. You shouldn't have any issues in the slightest with that setup.

Imo 27 inch monitors, are just too much for gaming if you are aiming to be top player in what ever game you are playing. You should stick to 24 inch monitor...

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanus View Post
    Imo 27 inch monitors, are just too much for gaming if you are aiming to be top player in what ever game you are playing. You should stick to 24 inch monitor...
    That really depends entirely on how far you sit from your monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I ran WoW on my I5 4690k + 970 on a 4k monitor and it was running smooth as hell. You shouldn't have any issues in the slightest with that setup.
    Cool thanks for replies what sort of graphics settings do you think it will run will i be able to have everything at ultra?

I run a 3770k at 4.5ghz and a GTX 980ti at 1485mhz. I get about 80-90+ FPS in raids on Ultra (custom) I think I run CMAA for anti-aliasing and then 16x anisotropic filtering. The rest are ultra except shadows might be high.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvstec
    Its because everyone thinks they are a unique snowflake and their departure means something. facebookbabies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanus View Post
    Lol what the actual hell? This has NOTHING to do with pro gaming...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankWhiteJR View Post
    Cool thanks for replies what sort of graphics settings do you think it will run will i be able to have everything at ultra?
    Yup, ultra across the board. If you're having any issues just lower the shadows and partical density a little bit, they tend to demand the most out of your GPU

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Lol what the actual hell? This has NOTHING to do with pro gaming...
    I get his point. You want to have everything within your field of view and if you have a larger monitor -and- sit to close to it, you have to constantly be turning your head to see stuff it makes you less effective. Again though, this can be easily remedied with a larger monitor by putting the monitor further away from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    1440p + 970 will get 60fps pretty much everywhere in wow, other games will get about 30-60 fps on max settings depending on game.

If you intend to get a new graphics card i'd wait a few months for nvidias new gpu's to be announced/ released.