Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Wealth Disparity
    Social Immobility
    Non-Government Health Insurance causing serious Disparities in Health and Working Capabilities between the Rich and the Poor
    Xenophobia
    Poor Education Standards

Shall I continue?
    The notion that xenophobia is a bigger cultural issue in the United States than fatherless children is so fucking absurd that I have trouble thinking anyone really believes it. I can't even imagine a coherent case for that position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    If we accept that, for women, Consent to Sex is NOT Consent to Parenthood, then there can be no standard with any moral foothold that can claim men should not be possessed of this same right. The arguments against this all break down to "It's your punishment for sex" and frankly that's quite the antiquated notion.
    Yeah, don't I know that it's [the current year]??? How absurd I am, thinking that standards of responsibility should still apply in the [current year]. Holding men accountable for leaving a slew of abandoned children is so yesterday. Besides, it's not equal, and we all know that nothing is more important than enforced equality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Plague View Post
    This makes so much sense.
    Finally sweden is doing something to promote freedom.
    Sweden??? It's just a couple people lol!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    How absurd I am, thinking that standards of responsibility should still apply in the [current year].
    The time of nuclear family, you know, when these types of laws (and those of spousal support, etc) were written, has passed, brah.

Holding men accountable for leaving a slew of abandoned children is so yesterday.
    Sarcasm aside, (most) men aren't going around having "slews of children". And the passing of a law like this wouldn't change that.

Besides, it's not equal, and we all know that nothing is more important than enforced equality.
    No, the current system's isn't equal. Or fair. Or logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The time of nuclear family, you know, when these types of laws (and those of spousal support, etc) were written, has passed, brah.
    Indeed, it's the [current year]. Thinking that nuclear family is a superior structure to knock 'em up and move on is so yesteryear.
    No, the current system's isn't equal. Or fair. Or logical.
    No shit. My whole point is that shooting for inequality in a biologically unequal context in a quixotic quest. Trying to make men and women completely equal is absurd.

7+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, it's the [current year]. Thinking that nuclear family is a superior structure to knock 'em up and move on is so yesteryear.
    Yeah, marriage is archaic and stupid. /shrug

No shit. My whole point is that shooting for inequality in a biologically unequal context in a quixotic quest. Trying to make men and women completely equal is absurd.
    And that "biologically unequal context" has moved to the point in which abortion is no longer an option. You know, in "modern times".

Again those liberals? Man, Hitler would be proud of them!

Yeah, marriage is archaic and stupid. /shrug
    I can't tell if you're serious. This seems like a parody.
    And that "biologically unequal context" has moved to the point in which abortion is no longer an option. You know, in "modern times".
    I don't know what you're trying to say. Abortion's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    sweden with their insane ideas finally got one good one? damn.
    You seem like an American. Are you American?

Inb4 infracted for "nation bashing".

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell if you're serious. This seems like a parody.
    Oh, I'm serious. Marriage is a horrible practice.

I don't know what you're trying to say. Abortion's an option.
    My point is that as long as the woman has a window in which to decide to accept or forfeit responsibility, the man should have that same window and option. Your hypothetical "biological unequal context" has shifted to beyond that window. Besides, she should not be able to decide the future of his livelihood with her decision to keep a child neither wanted.

Oh I guess that explains a lot of the "men should not be expected to be fathers to their progeny" sentiment.
    Your hypothetical "biological unequal context" has shifted to beyond that window.
    Dude, I'm not the one talking about hypotheticals. Men and women aren't equal when it comes to the biology of reproduction. Pretending otherwise results in the sorts of weird conclusions that people are drawing here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a joke? Were your parents married?

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I guess that explains a lot of the "men should not be expected to be fathers to their progeny" sentiment.
    Way to blow that out of proportion. More like "Men should not expected to be responsible for children that neither 'parent' wanted, but the mother decided to have anyway."

Dude, I'm not the one talking about hypotheticals. Men and women aren't equal when it comes to the biology of reproduction. Pretending otherwise results in the sorts of weird conclusions that people are drawing here.
    You're right. That's why she gets to choose whether or not to keep it. But with abortion readily available, that allows her to forfeit not only the biological aspect but also the financial aspect. And while he has no say in the former, he should most certainly have a say in the latter as it pertains to him. And remember, we're only talking about during the window in which abortion is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Were. As was I. And no piece of ass is worth signing a document that effectively gives her the power to put you in the poor house. Because that's all it is to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhn0pgbfzf4
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's pretty silly to think that religion and sexism are necessary to produce healthy well-adjusted children.
    A gendered division of workload is not sexism.

Pandaren were a mistake

Deleted
    Exactly. Very rare and hardly worth discussing.
    So rape is hardly worth discussing either? You know, because compared to normal sex, rape hardly ever happens. /s
    Just because something is rare doesn't mean it should not be discussed, specially not if someones rights get crapped on like this.

You can't rob a child of her mother because the dad bailed.
    But you can rob a child of his father because he is poor...
    Every time i read one of your posts i get dumber, maybe if i keep reading i will be able to understand you in a year or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were. As was I. And no piece of ass is worth signing a document that effectively gives her the power to put you in the poor house. Because that's all it is to me.
    If that's what it is for you, then, indeed, for you it is a horrible thing. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    He created a zygote. IT was the woman that created a child. 100% her choice, 100% her body.

- - - Updated - - -

So would in the case of a sperm donor.
    My point by the sharing your dna comment was that it's not possible a woman creates a child 100%, that would be asexual reproduction. A zygote is created by two genetic parents and naturally develops into a child that shares both parents' genetic code.

A binding agreement with a sperm donor is a unique situation, in that responsibility is legally and mutually annulled before creating a zygote.
    Last edited by mmoc0495eaf8b1; 2016-03-14 at 12:17 AM.

Deleted
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...al-group-says/

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.
    So, you find equality ridiculous.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The notion that xenophobia is a bigger cultural issue in the United States than fatherless children is so fucking absurd that I have trouble thinking anyone really believes it. I can't even imagine a coherent case for that position.

Yeah, don't I know that it's [the current year]??? How absurd I am, thinking that standards of responsibility should still apply in the [current year]. Holding men accountable for leaving a slew of abandoned children is so yesterday. Besides, it's not equal, and we all know that nothing is more important than enforced equality.
    I honestly thought we were past this; that the majority of the left got blue in the face.

I mean, at this point most are saying "true, but it's the RESOURCES. If single mothers had MORE RESOURCES, they'd produce kids up to par with the two parent homes."

I guess some didn't get the memo that it was time to move the goalpost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    So, you find equality ridiculous.
    What is equality really. Men and women are different.