Page 74 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Good. Should be common place anyway, I respect the right for women to chose to have an abortion, but what I don't agree with, is the man having no say. It's a double standard.
    There is no double standard. It would only be a double standard if both men and women were capable of giving birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Abortion doesn't cost anywhere close to as much as a live child does, but if a woman is not using contraception and is having sex and gets an abortion then she's retarded for not using contraception.
    Which I outright said in what you quoted and is irrelevant to the supposed issue you outlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Accepting that would create a dangerous precedent. Many questions would arise: should the person's profession be up to the parents, for example? If not, then what makes circumcision different? An adult circumcised in the past cannot revert the change, so if something as fundamental as one's bodily autonomy is up to their parents, then, apparently, many other things should be up to the parents as well?

Rather than dealing with all these complications, how about we life the decision about circumcision up to the person, not to their parents / religion / authorities / etc.?
    You should reread my post.
    I clearly stated that I do not want anyone but the one who gets the circumcision to decide whether it happens or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Are you saying that if a man is in a coma he should still be paying?
    If he was before he went into coma, the woman would still be able to get money for that here.
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    How about if he legitimately doesn't have the funds?
    The state steps in and pays but you're expected to pay it back.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no double standard. It would only be a double standard if both men and women were capable of giving birth.
    Oi! Who gave you permission to bring logic and reason into this debate?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Accepting that would create a dangerous precedent. Many questions would arise: should the person's profession be up to the parents, for example? If not, then what makes circumcision different? An adult circumcised in the past cannot revert the change, so if something as fundamental as one's bodily autonomy is up to their parents, then, apparently, many other things should be up to the parents as well?

Rather than dealing with all these complications, how about we life the decision about circumcision up to the person, not to their parents / religion / authorities / etc.?
    Considering that Noradin was against circumcision of children done at the whims of parents, "accepting that" would not result in anything you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I find it interesting that you should mention that I am trying to guilt trip you, because that was certainly not my intention. And if it was my intention would I actually have any chance of succeeding?
    Not me, but generally that is what your argumentation is, feels, they feels bads. That is not an argument, it is an emotional appeal. The fact that you think im some sort of psychopath makes it very clear that you do not want to think what is logical, but rather what feels good.
    I hate to inform you but life isn't all rainbows an unicorns, you should not get all emotional because of that, but you should try and look past your feelings to a good solution.

So because of a trait set at birth a person should receive unequal treatment under the law? Just so I am clear.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    So because of a trait set at birth a person should receive unequal treatment under the law? Just so I am clear.
    You're not receiving unequal treatment under the law. Men have the same right to abort as a woman does, you just can't get pregnant. Women can't skip out on child support, just like men can't.

You're not receiving unequal treatment under the law. Men have the same right to abort as a woman does, you just can't get pregnant.
    Kay. So if a country make a law that settles all political contests with a wang measuring contest that isn't unequal right? Women have the same right as men to participate in that, they just don't have them.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

~Yiddish Proverb

Deleted
    Kay. So if a country make a law that settles all political contests with a wang measuring contest that isn't unequal right? Women have the same right as men to participate in that, they just don't have them.
    This is just getting ridiculous. You want more rights than what women have, women can't skip out on paying child support, yet you want men to be able to. That's not equality.

This is just getting ridiculous.
    Good to know that you agree

Yes, because how much action do you think those big dicks will be seeing if they don't do what the women tell them?

Deleted
    This is just getting ridiculous. You want more rights than what women have, women can't skip out on paying child support either, yet you want men to be able to. That's not equality.
    No, woman would have this same right, it is just that they can't impregnate someone. Just like abortion is "for men too".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    No, woman would have this same right, it is just that they can't impregnate someone. Just like abortion is "for men too".
    No, they're not going to be able to skip out on paying child support. Men would be. Neither men or women should be able to skip out on paying child support.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    But they don't.

Women have the right to control over their own body. Once the fetus is 22 weeks (I think) the woman loses that right. She cannot get an abortion, physical or financial. Once the child is born the woman has no rights to a financial abortion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You should reread my post.
    I clearly stated that I do not want anyone but the one who gets the circumcision to decide whether it happens or not.
    Oh, sorry, I read "shouldn't" as "should" for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    But they don't.

Women have the right to control over their own body. Once the fetus is 22 weeks (I think) the woman loses that right. She cannot get an abortion, physical or financial. Once the child is born the woman has no rights to a financial abortion.
    No, but neither would the man, that is just arguing semantics. Simply the man should have as long as a time to think about it as a woman. And once it is born neither would a man have the right to an financial abortion. You are trying to make something harder then it is.

This is just getting ridiculous. You want more rights than what women have, women can't skip out on paying child support, yet you want men to be able to. That's not equality.
    Nope not more rights. Actually I was unaware that women couldn't skip out on paying child support in your country by putting the child up for adoption. They can however avoid paying it by getting an abortion which is essentially free to them. I accept that biologically men can't get an abortion so as a result the law cannot apply to both genders exactly the same in this case. Since one has a biological advantage we should either structure our society to make that biological difference irrelevant or compensate the other gender for the disadvantage they receive at birth to bring both genders to equality in this respect.

I think the best one is to restructure our society and just make it so there is no child support period and if those in custody of the child can't be supported they are taken away by the state. I also think there are probably other ways to fix the problem, but saying that there is no problem when there clearly is one is not helpful to any country.
    ~Vernon Howard

~Yiddish Proverb

Deleted
    No, they're not going to be able to skip out on paying child support. Men would be. Neither men or women should be able to skip out on paying child support.
    Woman would be able to do that too, if she had impregnated her partner and she didnt want the child but the partner she impregnated did.