Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    How do you actually manage all those characters? I have 20 alts, all now with a lvl 3 garrison. The 10 are finely tuned TH/Scav/Shityard wise, but i am struggling to optimise the other 10 AND do the garrisons of the optimised as well. It took me 2h to switch to each of the chars, do the garrison/shityard table, go out, do the JC/Inscription daily (on whoever alt has those), refill the orders on Trading posts and do the warmill dailies. On the new chars, i still have to switch the JC/insc followers in and out of buildings and then do the garrison tables. Add the travelling time to the Shityard on SOME of the new characters to rebuild ships/send missions. Also to rebuild ships on optimised chars who have lost some (89% mission, grrrrrr). I feel the life sucked out of me in those 2h
    Having them spread evenly between different accounts is how. I have one of each class on each, and those two new accounts I just got are following the same pattern, which means when I've leveled them all to 100 I'll log on 5 at a time 11 times and do missions on each as well as refresh work orders. My time is limited, I'm lazy and I'm also getting pretty tired of it, so I try to cut down on unecessary stuff and do one thing at a time. Like dropping Barns for Trading Posts to cut down on some of the time spent, and not doing all daily profession cooldowns every single day except for when they need to refresh the work orders which the addon BulkOrder reminds me about. The multibox software I use can also broadcast mouse clicks so I just spam right click missions with MasterPlan and hope for the best. I'm planning on getting shipyards on those new characters... maybe, one day. Maybe when I have a few days off from work or when I'm working my night shifts.

And perhaps on a related note I have Asperger's and doing these garrison chores are part of my daily routine, so you could probably say that I'm literally a bit autistic about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I average at least 4kg a day doing garrison missions on my 6 level 100s (they all have full Treasure Hunting trait followers). That's not even including the level 675 rare missions that can give me 4kg in gold, a 2kg mount, a 2kg rep token or a 5+kg CP/HP token.

And I only have the shipyard on 2 of them because I'm too lazy to do them on the other 3, which can get you another 1+kg a day on.

I'm easily paying the 37kg game token every month just on that and still making a profit on top of it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-03-18 at 07:31 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Having them spread evenly between different accounts is how. I have one of each class on each, and those two new accounts I just got are following the same pattern, which means when I've leveled them all to 100 I'll log on 5 at a time 11 times and do missions on each as well as refresh work orders. My time is limited, I'm lazy and I'm also getting pretty tired of it, so I try to cut down on unecessary stuff and do one thing at a time. Like dropping Barns for Trading Posts to cut down on some of the time spent, and not doing all daily profession cooldowns every single day except for when they need to refresh the work orders which the addon BulkOrder reminds me about. The multibox software I use can also broadcast mouse clicks so I just spam right click missions with MasterPlan and hope for the best. I'm planning on getting shipyards on those new characters... maybe, one day. Maybe when I have a few days off from work or when I'm working my night shifts.

And perhaps on a related note I have Asperger's and doing these garrison chores are part of my daily routine, so you could probably say that I'm literally a bit autistic about this.
    Oh i have my toons spread fine. 3 accounts with 3, 4, 3 toons on one horde server, 1,1,1 on same server alliance side and 3, 2, 2 on another horde server. But i don't use any multiboxing software, so i'm logging one toon at a time. I don't trust Master Plan enough to make the optimal choices for me, so while i use it for follower combos, i decide the order of the missions myself.

Example: if a 4h mission and a 45min mission both expire in 3h and both rewarding GR, i do the 45min one first and then the 3h one, if they use one same follower. Also having all my missions sorted with expiration timer.

While i don't have Asperger's, i used to be compulsive enough to do my initial 10 toons every day, with mines, gardens and all, missions 3-4 times per day. After levelling another 10 toons for the Love is in the Air mount farming, i cannot do this anymore. Not only there's not enough time (i don't work, lol), but the tedium of it is overwhelming.

Deleted
    Lol, only just realised 5 of my 18 level 100's didn't have level 3 Inn's. I think I'll just go cry in the corner .

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    While i don't have Asperger's, i used to be compulsive enough to do my initial 10 toons every day, with mines, gardens and all, missions 3-4 times per day. After levelling another 10 toons for the Love is in the Air mount farming, i cannot do this anymore. Not only there's not enough time (i don't work, lol), but the tedium of it is overwhelming.

I was also doing everything + missions every ~2h (even from work over teamviwer) until i had like 8 chars... now lol im doing missions MAYBE once every 4h and even that... however currently im on 29 lvl100 (+5 more on 93+ that will be 100 in a week). Reloging for missions takes ~45min (including lvl93 chars). Also i have shipyards on all and all have all dwarf/goblin crews (oh well almost all, working on this one on "last" 2-3 chars) + im tanaan reps up to reverded (oil rig) on all (or in process). Im restocking work orders / picking up garrison cache every 3 days and opening salvage yard boxes once / week. If i had such order for other things in my life it would be fucking great! ;< But like you said... tedium of doing everything every day... If garrisons would not bring me 50k+ gold / day i would unsub until legion for sure... because all i currently do is manage alts / level new alts / farm 0.05% mounts. fuck that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Lol, only just realised 5 of my 18 level 100's didn't have level 3 Inn's. I think I'll just go cry in the corner .
    Considering level3 inn missions are more or less "account limited" its not wise to build level3 inn until you have optimized TH followers, specially if you have lots of other chars that have optimized followers
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-03-26 at 07:32 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been doing this a lot now, and it really is worth doing. I currently have lots of Characters on my account, and my profit margin is insane. I don't want to say how much exactly, but despite the EU Token jumping from 60k to around 85k+ recently, I could easily buy one a week if not more.

I don't go for Shipyard on most. It requires effort to maintain, especially requiring Oil if you don't have Grease Monkeys and don't plan to do the Tanaan Stuff. I only get it if I plan to actually do something with the Character (gear it up or so). Usual set up is Inn (Treasure Hunters + Gold Missions), Dwarven Bunker/War Mill (Follower Upgrades), Barracks (More Followers) and Trade Post (Dump extra GR). I try to have a few Scavengers, to keep resources flowing, and when I get lots I buy cheap Trade Mats (Ore, Herbs, Leather, Cloth, depending on the day).

I empty my Garrison Cache on certain days and all my Alliance at once, so once ever three days or so, makes it easier to manage, and clear my Characters Inventories every five or so days (empty Scrap, vendor junk e.t.c.). I mail all my stuff to one Character, who then sends mats to Characters that need it (e.g. cheap greens and dust goes to my enchanter or leather to my Monk). I also then send all things I want to sell, plus my Baleful Accountwide Tokens, to a Bank Alt, which I use to store BoA Tokens, and to sell all my items. This keeps it more organized for quicker sortations.

It is time consuming, I don't always do it every day now (IRL/Work e.t.c.) but I easily profit. I also often do Call to Arms as Tank for the tokens, 500g and potential Medallions, plus whatever else I can (Walled City LFR was CTA, around 700g for running it on my DK and took about 15 mins). I don't do the Mine or Herb Garden at all, due to time reasons, unless I'm still levelling the Professions.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Cata 25 Heroics - 2500-3500G each, per week, per toon.
    What item level do you recommend to be able to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grogin13 View Post
    It partially depends on the class. I do this a lot while testing my addon (shameless plug, see my sig if you want to track your profits while running old instances) I do 25H on my two mains, a 673 hunter and a 651 paladin with no issues. My other alts have around 590-610 range and I usually just do normal raids on them. The gold difference isn't also too great either, Throne of the Four winds I average 100 gold per run on 10 player vs 169 gold on 25. I had a glitch with my most recent developer version of the addon and lost my Firelands data, but I ran 25H on my hunter this morning and made just over 2K gold in 33 minutes

As to the OP, personally I say leveling up to 100 is worth it, but I don't even maximize my garrison profits. I tend to reach 90, get the garrison, then wait and collect GR until I can buy the elixirs from the garrison vendor. Grab all treasures and some rares that drop BoE gear (Beater's Beat Stick in Frostfire Ridge still auctions pretty well on my server) Not the fastest but it usually takes me about 30-40 minutes per level just using the garrison elixir. Make some decent gold while leveling, then just solo old raids. Firelands is probably my biggest profit maker per hour, then Naxx then ICC, and I get the chance at pets and mounts
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogin13 View Post
    Depends on the class, I think generally if you are around 640-650+ you should be fine. Some encounters may be a little finicky though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    You can level up to 100 in like 2hrs with 2-3 elixirs.
    Exactly, the key is to do all the bonus area missions in Shadowmoon, Gorgrond, Taldor & Spires of Arak....up to leaving one kill left to go so you can complete them with one quick kill. Then you pop an elixir of the rapid mind and fly from one bonus objective to another completing them. You can go from 92 to 100 in about 60 minutes. If you haven't unlocked flying it might take you three or more elixirs and plotting a quick riding path from one objective to another.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradyne View Post
    Exactly, the key is to do all the bonus area missions in Shadowmoon, Gorgrond, Taldor & Spires of Arak....up to leaving one kill left to go so you can complete them with one quick kill. Then you pop an elixir of the rapid mind and fly from one bonus objective to another completing them. You can go from 92 to 100 in about 60 minutes. If you haven't unlocked flying it might take you three or more elixirs and plotting a quick riding path from one objective to another.
    Sorry, do you expect a lvl 90 to start doing this? This isn't optimal. Take the advice from the person that levelled 12 alts recently (that's me). Do starting Tanaan quests to open up garrison. Quest till lvl 92 (preferrably quest chains that award followers, you'll do them anyway later). At 92 open up your Grogrond outpost. Select Brawling Arena. Farm the 8 Gorgrond Monsters and the 11 Brawling quest items. Do this while doing the Gorgrond Bonus objectives, not completing them, leaving 1 kill/gather. Pop JUST ONE Elixir of Rapid Mind, add a garrison xp pot (not mandatory), Start travelling around Gorgrond gathering treasures, completing objectives, delivering the quests. You'll either be 100 before you finish just Grogrond or half a lvl shy of 100 when you finish it.

This way assumes flying unlocked. The Talador objectives are too far from one another and the Spires objectives require difficult and huge amount of kills each. Gorgrond is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    It partially depends on the class. I do this a lot while testing my addon (shameless plug, see my sig if you want to track your profits while running old instances) I do 25H on my two mains, a 673 hunter and a 651 paladin with no issues. My other alts have around 590-610 range and I usually just do normal raids on them. The gold difference isn't also too great either, Throne of the Four winds I average 100 gold per run on 10 player vs 169 gold on 25. I had a glitch with my most recent developer version of the addon and lost my Firelands data, but I ran 25H on my hunter this morning and made just over 2K gold in 33 minutes

As to the OP, personally I say leveling up to 100 is worth it, but I don't even maximize my garrison profits. I tend to reach 90, get the garrison, then wait and collect GR until I can buy the elixirs from the garrison vendor. Grab all treasures and some rares that drop BoE gear (Beater's Beat Stick in Frostfire Ridge still auctions pretty well on my server) Not the fastest but it usually takes me about 30-40 minutes per level just using the garrison elixir. Make some decent gold while leveling, then just solo old raids. Firelands is probably my biggest profit maker per hour, then Naxx then ICC, and I get the chance at pets and mounts
    Thank you this is exactly what I wanted to know.

There are faster ways to get an optimized gold making setup that dont require copious amounts of gold. There is a guide on wowhead for 20 followers you can get as a fresh 100 in less than 2 hours so that plus the 3-4 you start a fresh garrison with puts you almost at the 25 cap. Additionally you can farm raw garrison resources at a rate of about 5k-7k per hour in tanaan there is a guide on youtube that shows the route. Assuming an average of about 5 rerolls per follower to get a TH you should be able to get about 1 TH an hour maybe a little more so the total time investment is around 20-25 hours for full slate of TH/scavenger/greasemonkey followers. The only caveat is you don't want to reroll follwer traits until you get them to epic so you have 3 traits that could reroll what you are looking for, factoring that in you will probably need a week to 10 days of chain running missions to max out all the followers but during this time you can be farming the GR and banking up reroll tokens for when they do hit epic. Add in buying some frozen arms of a hero from the AH to boost them to 675 and you are probably looking at around 15k gold and 25 hours played over 10 days to get it all set up.

Setting up shipyards is a great deal more expensive up front if you need the rep for the oil rig but it is also a great deal more profitable. There are already a couple threads on this forum about min/maxing the shipyards so i wont delve too much into it. I will say that I spent about 30k per toon maxing out some shipyards and I am averaging around 2k per day per shipyard in raw gold so its definitely worth exploring that aspect as well as the turnaround time to profitability is pretty low and the rewards are phenomenal.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I won't be searching youtube to find that 5k-7k per hour GR farm. I assume, though, that the guy must be looking for chests and farming the 3 mobs behind the dark portal. The estimation of 5k-7k per hour is too much imho, since the chests are randomly spawning, there's competition for them and they are usually (but not always) guarded by mobs. The guy is possibly using realm hop methods as well. Your advice might be good for a new player who wants to build fast a TH army.

Yes it is 100% using realm hop and the chests in the arakoa bonus objective area, it is definitely doable to get 5-7k per hour have done it on multiple toons myself and the route is super easy to learn. But yeah my advice was for people trying to get a new garrison up and running in the least amount of time not for those of us that have many garrisons set up already. I have used it to get a few new garrisons set up in the last month and it definitely works although there is a decent time investment just less gold than buying it all.

You'll make some profit for sure (depending on how time you can invest right now and how much alts you level), but don't forget that a lot of it will be gone in about 4 months.