Thread: No flamers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this is the reason I think Blizzard should just let it be in regards to solo queue ranked. People already flame in beta where nothing is on the line. Just add an ignore/vote kick feature and be done with it. Don't punish the rest of us because some babies like to flame. Forever in the history of online multiplayer there will be flamers, we don't need saving from ourselves so to speak.

People always rage far less in beta. Definitely isn't non-existent, but certainly better. Demographics aside, in the back of most everyone's mind there's always that thought.....it's just beta w/e.

I wonder if the fact it has voice comms will make this worse or better.

I'd have assumed worse, but actually I've found myself being much less of a complainer than I am in say HoTS. Something about a real human voice makes you think twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    Am i the onlyone who has noticed there is basicly ONLY friendly people on overwatch now, not alot /all flaming except from friendly teasing.

this is what i miss about all other games, why does it seem when games get popular the flamers come?

i remember smite being super friendly aswell untill it got some traction now its basicly like any other game. Kinda blows

or does it come when the game get competetive?
    Stopped playing due to the insane amount of toxicity. Asked Jeff Kaplan to add a mute all chat button, he said its on its way. So just taking a hiatus while I wait for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wonder if the fact it has voice comms will make this worse or better.

I'd have assumed worse, but actually I've found myself being much less of a complainer than I am in say HoTS. Something about a real human voice makes you think twice.
    Voice comms were really awkward. Most people mute it instantly (probably because of flash backs to xbox live call of duty days) so voice chat is usually one guy saying hello once or twice, no one responding and then the sound of him self muting. That, or they use it to sigh audibly.

So far I've found that in about 70% of games I'm the only one talking, and in say 25% of games there's one other guy on a mic. Remaining 5% is more than one.

Also, the more people on mics the better the game is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    The thread title made me think you were talking about this kind of flamer.

I haven't managed to get on Overwatch yet, but I'm glad to hear it's not full of assholes...yet.

Deleted
    I still don't have access sadly so nothing to fear yet.

I've actually run into quite a few ragers on overwatch sadly. It's easy to just mute them though, but let's stop acting like it's all kids that are immature on games. In my experience it's almost always 20+ year olds calling everyone kids and flaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could outrage sometimes for the stupidness some people have, but then i preach some wooozaaaaas and it's ok then.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Blizzard is silencing accounts that get reported for language, meaning they can't talk or type in chat for a secret amount of time.

I love cussing plebs out and have been reported and silenced before but i don't care, i'll probably do it again. But that is the reason your gaming experience seems so "friendly". In reality, it's just as flame filled as any other game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed there is more flamers since the new wave of invites a week or two ago. People want the win more than anything else and yell at you to play a 2nd tank or 2nd healer is okay but it works. However when people go double widowmaker on attack you want to shout at them until your lips fall off.
    My personal favourite was a guy calling me a no skill noob at the end of a game when I got multiple deflect kills on him and got potg, everyone killed him salty and his tears tasted so good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    It happens once they release and the 8th graders gain access to them.
    Or you know, the game is new and only a couple of hundred people are playing?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claborn View Post
    Blizzard is silencing accounts that get reported for language, meaning they can't talk or type in chat for a secret amount of time.

I love cussing plebs out and have been reported and silenced before but i don't care, i'll probably do it again. But that is the reason your gaming experience seems so "friendly". In reality, it's just as flame filled as any other game.
    Outstanding community member right here Here's to hoping you get permanently silenced.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Outstanding community member right here Here's to hoping you get permanently silenced.
    keep dreaming, unsilenced now and still talking sht