Thread: Stellaris

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well is learned in my Ironman match that if you cap the Unbiddens growth right away there aren't much of a threat. Of course I proceeded to suicide the portal and emergency FTL out with what ships I had left.

In the ensuing wars when it was done. I got tired of starting new wars for conquering people an I just sat fleets over their planets and bombed them until they were gone. The planet I didn't want at least. On full bombing it takes a few years to clean up an empire.

Bloody hell this game is addicting. Just the game I've been looking for since I played Imperium Galactica 2 forever ago. I love how colonization works, research, research management, planet development, ship customization. Damn, just everything. I usually end up gambling with a game like this and this one was a total winner in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished a game!

I played a race of intelligent capitalist slav...I mean colonists.

Vassalized half the galaxy. Saved a Fallen Empire from extragalacic invaders by myself. Incited a galatic from the sidelines, vassalized all all the participants. Uplifted fast breeding roaches that colonized any planet that was open. Enslaved anyone pop that complained if they weren't part of my primary species.

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I encountered a bug. One empire i am unable to attack as it says its occupied, but its still under the original empire? So when I declare war and send my invasion fleet, it then says I have to declare war to land troops...

Luckily the empire has 1 planet only and they are trapped behind a wall of haters XD.

Other than that my empire spreading goes well.

Coffee itself isnt enough this morning at work.. this game has made my day time life miserable..!

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Coffee itself isnt enough this morning at work.. this game has made my day time life miserable..!
    XD, I know the feels had to stop at midnight so I could get up at 6am. I don't drink Coffee either but I don't usually have an issue waking up. I am however hanging (super tired), with 2 hours ish to go. Gonna be a long 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got 1000/1000 fleet, conquered one of fallen empires and got their tech, what do i do now, run over the galaxy?

First time playing so long, usually i restart every now and then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Somehow Civ V could only keep my interest for 56 hours according to steam. I have now played Stellaris 85 hours and still keep going. I don't know what about this game is so addicting...

If I had 1000/1000 fleet, I'd conquer the galaxy. Get victory condition done at least once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Somehow Civ V could only keep my interest for 56 hours according to steam. I have now played Stellaris 85 hours and still keep going. I don't know what about this game is so addicting...

If I had 1000/1000 fleet, I'd conquer the galaxy. Get victory condition done at least once.
    I forgot to mention one slight problem that when i get all ships out i get -300 energy, derp. Easily fixable when set all sectors to make energy tho. Wish there was a way to just, you know, eliminate your opponents planets and pops, make them gone, instead of having this dead weight with 0% happiness and constant sabotage
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Enslave or purge all dissidents?

I need to start a Batarian Hegemony at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I forgot to mention one slight problem that when i get all ships out i get -300 energy, derp. Easily fixable when set all sectors to make energy tho. Wish there was a way to just, you know, eliminate your opponents planets and pops, make them gone, instead of having this dead weight with 0% happiness and constant sabotage
    You can bombard them to death afaik.
    And who cares about a energy deficit if you are already owning the galaxy, it's not like you need the minerals/tech

The game really get stale in the mid to late game, annexing an empire shouldnt take that long, the game also need or a limit in the numbers of ship an empire can have or have some sort of system where the ships are added the group but just to increase the stats of the blob to prevent this http://imgur.com/Z4hYste, is just silly, its also affect fleet fights because there isnt enough space to others ship get closer to attack like carriers battleships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    The game really get stale in the mid to late game, annexing an empire shouldnt take that long, the game also need or a limit in the numbers of ship an empire can have or have some sort of system where the ships are added the group but just to increase the stats of the blob to prevent this http://imgur.com/Z4hYste, is just silly, its also affect fleet fights because there isnt enough space to others ship get closer to attack like carriers battleships.
    The AI doesn't spam corvette fleets like that, the reason for why people run with such fleets is because corvette only evasion builds are hilariously overpowered at the moment.

The root problems is a bit different than simply not having a fleet cap on amount of corvettes in a fleet.

Deleted
    There are viable Battleship builds too, the worst thing is however that everything in between is so useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've got 1000/1000 fleet, conquered one of fallen empires and got their tech, what do i do now, run over the galaxy?

First time playing so long, usually i restart every now and then...
    TBH you've won at that point and unless you just want to see the game to its end you can restart. All that's waiting for you is stubborn AI that going to make you chase that one fleet it's hiding at 15 FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    There are viable Battleship builds too, the worst thing is however that everything in between is so useless.
    For mass fleets, I tend to have Destroyers up front with Lasers and Point D. Have Battleships in the back with Kinetic Artillery/Lances. Have a few with Auras as well. There really isn't a point to build cruisers. They don't have the bulk to stand up in prolonged engagements and don't have the firepower to dish out damage. Destroyers like Corvettes are cheap and easy to pump out and overwhelm with in large numbers.

I wonder if they'll add a Dreadnought class. How many Large weapon slots would they have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    You can bombard them to death afaik.
    And who cares about a energy deficit if you are already owning the galaxy, it's not like you need the minerals/tech
    The galaxy couldn't afford to not sell me energy when I was going on my conquest. Energy becomes nothing but a thing even if you're running at in the negative you can just buy someone elses. If they get all moral on you then you just wait until someone goes to war with them because that empire needs resources as well. Support the independence of the one being attacked and they will throw energy your way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The AI doesn't spam corvette fleets like that, the reason for why people run with such fleets is because corvette only evasion builds are hilariously overpowered at the moment.

The root problems is a bit different than simply not having a fleet cap on amount of corvettes in a fleet.
    Are they? You can always spam battleships with lots of small caliber guns, they chew through corvettes very fast. I run with couple of "support" battleships with loads of anti-missile guns, bombers, fighters, the-200-power-enhancement-like-healing-nanobots-or-whatever, long-ranged battleships with tachyon lances, artillery, torpedoes (you know, those that fit only on L slots and has 60 range), and "melee" battleships with, well, lots of various S weaponry.

At very late game i don't think it's worth building anything but battleships, i have too many level 6 starports and can produce, like, dozens of them at the same time
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-20 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with building battleships late game is that (at least for me) unifying fleets is a pain in the ass and FPS dips in late game. Everything takes forever even on the fastest speed.