Level of free heroes

Hey,

im new to HotS and im wondering what happens to the level of the free heroes, when the rotation goes on.

Will they stay the same level, but be unplayable or does the level reset?

Thx

(actually i dont even know what the hero level is for )

They stay the same level, so next time they ere free again (or if you purchase them) they will be at the same level you left them at.

Deleted
    The level will stay the level that you left them on.

Raynor free on week 1 and leveled to five in that week. Raynor is still level five through weeks 2 to 5 when you can't use him. Week 6 raynor useable again, still level five.

Hero levels unlock more talents at level 2 through 4 on the character. It also gives some other rewards which you can view through your profile tab.

Quote Originally Posted by symen55 View Post
    Hero levels unlock more talents at level 2 through 4 on the character.
    Not anymore, they did away with that a few months ago. All heroes now start out with all talents. HUGE quality of life improvement.

Yeah, if you wanted to you could get every hero to level 20 without buying any of them :P

In fact a lot of people get them all to level 5 for the easy gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not anymore, they did away with that a few months ago. All heroes now start out with all talents. HUGE quality of life improvement.
    Personally I felt people made too big a deal out of that. Level 4 was like 5 games? And once your account was level (10?) you unlocked them all anyway. I never found it that difficult to suffer through the less effective talents for a handful of games. I was usually so shit with new heroes it didn't matter anyway :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Actually I believe you have to be a certain level for the level not matter? Unless they changed it since then.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Personally I felt people made too big a deal out of that. Level 4 was like 5 games? And once your account was level (10?) you unlocked them all anyway. I never found it that difficult to suffer through the less effective talents for a handful of games. I was usually so shit with new heroes it didn't matter anyway :P
    It was acc level 25 for the global talent unlock.

I am glad the restriction was removed. I always wanted to try different options when giving a new hero a run. But you're right about some players making a big deal about it, not least the toxic players who berated new players for the 'wrong' talent choice when in reality they had little choice before level 5 (or 4).

As for the OP, the questions are already answered. Hero levels just exist as an instrument of player progression (rewards suc as portraits, skins, gold, experience record etc etc.)
    Last edited by ttak82; 2016-03-15 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Actually I believe you have to be a certain level for the level not matter? Unless they changed it since then.
    Talent gating is gone in its entirety now!

Deleted
    Woops my bad. Must have missed that somewhere.