Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This. And they are a very useful tool. One which the right to keep and bear them in the US is a Constitutional one. Hard to get cooler than that.
    Should I take selfies at the lack of soldiers quartered in my home?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Should I take selfies at the lack of soldiers quartered in my home?
    Hehe. I do not even have a camera. The wife does however, but the last good picture I have which shows me with a firearm, was back when I was in the Army. Pretty cool picture too if I must say so myself. And my son is a Major in the Army, served 4 tours in Iraq in the 82 Airborne and was quartered here on some occasions on his trips back home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. I do not even have a camera. The wife does however, but the last good picture I have which shows me with a firearm, was back when I was in the Army. Pretty cool picture too if I must say so myself. And my son is a Major in the Army, served 4 tours in Iraq in the 82 Airborne and was quartered here on some occasions on his trips back home.
    Violated your third amendment rights right there!

Might actually be the first case of that amendment being violated >->

Maybe its just the circles I am in, but I do notice a lot of gun owners sharing that they are gun owners. This struck me as odd because it is just like vegans, cross fit users, and people who vape. Very similar image shares, memes, and lots of pictures of what they use, etc.

Has anyone else noticed this trend?
    No. Not at all. We went 3 months in my last work training group before I knew the lady that sat next to me carried and was into guns. Normal gun owners don't advertise they are gun owners because guns are not a big deal. If people are constantly telling you they own guns, like vegans, vapers, cross fitters whatever. It's be cause they want attention and they want to have some sort of superiority over someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Violated your third amendment rights right there!

Might actually be the first case of that amendment being violated >->
    Lol! It was a peaceful occupation and with a personal invite to him. A bit like like True Blood and the vampire cannot come into your home without being invited in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! It was a peaceful occupation and with a personal invite to him. A bit like like True Blood and the vampire cannot come into your home without being invited in.
    Ah, then your rights were not violated as the government would have to have ordered the quartering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, then your rights were not violated as the government would have to have ordered the quartering.
    Yep.

I have thought about having a sign on my front door which says, "Protected by 2 friends of mine. Smith and Wesson." Would that count as wanting to show off my firearm? Or would some crooks still not get it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

I have thought about having a sign on my front door which says, "Protected by 2 friends of mine. Smith and Wesson." Would that count as wanting to show off my firearm? Or would some crooks still not get it?
    You know Smith and Wesson too? Wesson is kind of a dick.

Maybe its just the circles I am in, but I do notice a lot of gun owners sharing that they are gun owners. This struck me as odd because it is just like vegans, cross fit users, and people who vape. Very similar image shares, memes, and lots of pictures of what they use, etc.

Yes, I also noticed the bi-weekly thread about some case where someone actually managed to use a gun in self defense.
    Must be a new movement. I wonder if they get funding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, I also noticed the bi-weekly thread about some case where someone actually managed to use a gun in self defense.
    Must be a new movement. I wonder if they get funding?
    Its amazing that using a gun in self defense is news worthy.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

I would add other groups, most notably marathon runners. Despite being common as heck currently, the vast majority have to post constantly about their latest training run, or where they will run next, or during the marathons.

As far as gun ownership goes, the amount of fear-mongering has grown over time, and the concept that "only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad gun with a gun" has made it cool to own a gun because you too could be a hero (despite the fact that has never happened even once so far...there have only been a handful of cases where a good guy with a gun cornered a bad guy with a gun after the fact). Since it is cool and trendy now, it becomes something to brag about...just like any other new toy. I see it as roughly the same as all the "hover" board videos, etc.

Its amazing that using a gun in self defense is news worthy.
    Depends on the case, those that crop up here are mostly uninteresting and clear cut--nothing one can discuss, because everything is so boring. I guess they are supposed to be bait or something.
    Anyway, yes, people have become very agressive in showing off their weapons lately, it is kind of rude waving them around at every opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Since it is cool and trendy now, it becomes something to brag about...just like any other new toy. I see it as roughly the same as all the "hover" board videos, etc.
    Which is very worrisome, because it incites those who have no clue what they are doing into wanting to try and appear "cool", too, and a dangerous weapon they cannot handle is a poor choice for posing. And then there are those who need to do even better and have to wave that gun they cannot handle around while on a "hover" board and end up ruining their life by unintentionally ending that of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know Smith and Wesson too? Wesson is kind of a dick.
    They both are. lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    They both are. lol!
    But in all seriousness, a sign like that is very much the same as a vegan wearing a shirt saying how evil you are for eating animals.

10+ Year Old Account
    But in all seriousness, a sign like that is very much the same as a vegan wearing a shirt saying how evil you are for eating animals.
    Would not bother me at all if I saw someone wearing a T-shirt like that. The big difference however in the 2 is one is worn out in the public. The sign on your door is only there for visitors. And my main door does not face the road and my house is 200 feet from the road. But no matter, I more than likely will not put one up.

I do have a metal sign in my man cave which says " Proudly hanging onto my Guns and Bible".
    But visitors to my man cave are not very common. I also have a sign on the door to it which says, "Warning. Controlled Area. Entry without permission is not permitted." My wife pretty much ignores it however. *shrugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would not bother me at all if I saw someone wearing a T-shirt like that. The big difference however in the 2 is one is worn out in the public. The sign on your door is only there for visitors. And my main door does not face the road and my house is 200 feet from the road. But no matter, I more than likely will not put one up.

I do have a metal sign in my man cave which says " Proudly hanging onto my Guns and Bible".
    But visitors to my man cave are not very common. I also have a sign on the door to it which says, "Warning. Controlled Area. Entry without permission is not permitted." My wife pretty much ignores it however. *shrugs.
    Hah!

There are also signs that say "Vegan zone" for houses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah!

There are also signs that say "Vegan zone" for houses.
    Lol! awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! awesome.
    I cant wait for there to be signs (if there arent already) for vaping.

Watch one video about guns on Youtube and watch your queue get flooded with the looney tunes brigade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    What about a vegen, crossfit, gun owner who played vanilla wow?
    oh.... my god

you forgot who vapes!