Poll: Bring it back

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pressing one button in a tool after you got an item is soooo immersive and important and cool... wait no, it's boring and useless.
    Blizzard just needs to design the items better. Less trash items with bad stats like the first bosses in HFC drop.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed it, id like it back

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It's not a terrible stat, it just scales horribly.
    I like Versatility as a concept (unsurprising, given my go-to classes are typically whatever's closest to Red Mage or Bard in a given RPG, WoW being odd man out), but I have to agree it doesn't feel very impactful as you gain more points in it. Hopefully it will feel more... oompf-y?... in Legion, especially if they're set on Retribution playing a hybrid support role.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted No.

I do not want reforging to be introduced back into the game in any shape or form. Finding the CORRECT gear is more engaging than taking any shit piece that drops with a higher ilvl and simply changing the stats as you see fit.

If you want that perfect combo, you gotta kill the boss(es) that have gear with that perfect combo. I am lobbying hard for Blizzard to not ever bring it back. The same goes for flying too.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I voted No,

Because hitting one button on an addon made my character 10x more fun than not hitting that button!

/sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You're wasting your time. Most people don't understand that it's generally better than one of the classic stats in most cases.
    True, but doesn't mean I have to give up hope

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I like Versatility as a concept (unsurprising, given my go-to classes are typically whatever's closest to Red Mage or Bard in a given RPG, WoW being odd man out), but I have to agree it doesn't feel very impactful as you gain more points in it. Hopefully it will feel more... oompf-y?... in Legion, especially if they're set on Retribution playing a hybrid support role.
    True. It's also the best stat in PvP for the vast majority of specs.

I don't really miss reforging. It was just a stacking item-tinkering annoyance that made new loot less rewarding and exciting.

At least it was "done" with a button push.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging was a mindless exercise in practice. I'd be more accepting if it felt slightly more meaningful like:

- You can only reforge main slots, not accs/trinkets
    - "Reforgability" was a tertiary that takes up the same spot as a gem slot
    - You can only reforge to leech/avoidance/speed.

The following would happen a lot:
    "hey can I go back and reforge/gem/chant cause I got a new piece?"
    No. Save it for after raid. I say this every week, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging was using an optimization add on and clicking a button. No way you could guess the optimized combination with no algorithm. What's the point ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    It's pointless to have secondary stats if you can't even manipulate them.
    But what's the point in having secondary stats when you can just change them? Might as well just let you pick which secondary stats are on your gear. Reforging made sense as a way to play around with our hit/exp to combat the old problems of upgrades not being upgrades cause we were over hitcap. With hit/exp removed as a thing, all reforging is, is a flat arbitrary power boost since you just swap one +DPS stat for a slightly higher +DPS stat.

If they were going to bring gear customisation back, I'd much rather see a system that actually lets you play with and customise your gear, not just a system like reforging that lets you swap "some DPS" for "more DPS." It's not really fun and is kind of a no-brainer, which is why people go on about just optimising it with an addon or whatever.

I'd rather see something that lets you change something interesting. Maybe you can reduce a secondary stat to add some tertiary? Choosing to reduce your DPS to stack a bunch of movement speed or leech for certain activities or content or screwing around in BGs sounds like a good time. Or something entirely different, like the concept of gear dyes or utility/proc enchants, or expand the idea of gear upgrades where you can boost a secondary of your choice after earning some kind of points or dismantling equal ilvl gear... or whatever, I don't know. Just something a little different

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    But what's the point in having secondary stats when you can just change them? Might as well just let you pick which secondary stats are on your gear. Reforging made sense as a way to play around with our hit/exp to combat the old problems of upgrades not being upgrades cause we were over hitcap. With hit/exp removed as a thing, all reforging is, is a flat arbitrary power boost since you just swap one +DPS stat for a slightly higher +DPS stat.

If they were going to bring gear customisation back, I'd much rather see a system that actually lets you play with and customise your gear, not just a system like reforging that lets you swap "some DPS" for "more DPS." It's not really fun and is kind of a no-brainer, which is why people go on about just optimising it with an addon or whatever.

I'd rather see something that lets you change something interesting. Maybe you can reduce a secondary stat to add some tertiary? Choosing to reduce your DPS to stack a bunch of movement speed or leech for certain activities or content or screwing around in BGs sounds like a good time. Or something entirely different, like the concept of gear dyes or utility/proc enchants, or expand the idea of gear upgrades where you can boost a secondary of your choice after earning some kind of points or dismantling equal ilvl gear... or whatever, I don't know. Just something a little different
    That entire last paragraph are ideas almost directly from d3. Gear dyes. Utility/proc enchants is cube. You dismantle gear for those choices or break gems for +stats now. Not that I don't like the concepts in D3. Just wonder if it is right for wow. Aside from dyes, these choices are all about increasing DPS in D3. Even if it just means being able to play more recklessly with survivability procs.

For those who keep parroting addon use, people do that for garrison missions now. People do that for talent choices. People do that for regular use of the AH. Not sure how valid that reasoning is. I liked doing the reforging myself personally, but I played a spec where each stat had different purposes in different situations. I may not like it as much if they brought it back, but I won't know until they do.

Deleted
    Bring it back please. And while you're on it Blizz, cut down on the rng crap please.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It's not a terrible stat, it just scales horribly.
    No, its pretty terrible.

As long as we have specs that scale horrible without their best stats, and gear that wont give them that, they it should be in game. Then you have cases like fire mages and fury warriors where they were useless unless they had a high enough amount of crit, just to be viable.

Reforging has its uses, if only to make some specs usable because they couldn't hit the right amount of crit otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I'm all for customisability, for min-max'ing... but Blizz have already made it a stance that they support the fucking lazy of this game, while also heavily relying on RNG upon RNG to get the 'perfect' drop to make people play longer, i.e. Warforged+Socket.

e.g. - They removed stat perks from Professions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    They didn't even have to do that. They used an addon. Went to the reforging NPC. Clicked button on addon. Most min-maxers annoy the hell out of me. I understand why the world first guilds do it. But other than those extremely niche cases it *really* doesn't matter if you spend 200g to improve your performance by 0.1%.
    I came here expecting to be triggered.

You did not dissappoint.

I give you ten stars out of 10. You are special!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Reforging was nice, the failure simply lied with using 3rd party addons or websites to reforge your characters optimally towards the hit/exp cap, and with those caps removed the issues we had with reforging are now gone and all that is left are the benefits of getting more optimal stats on your gear. I personally felt that gearing up had more "depth" when almost every slot had to be enchanted, gemmed and reforged, and getting a properly optimized character was definitely more satisfying than now.

And don't even get me started on the stupid randomness when it comes to warforged, tertiary stats and extra sockets. Eww!
    Remove all gear customization which was A LOT in the game and make the minimal amount remaining completely random.

THANKS BLIZZARD

If you hate min-maxing don't use it, and stop trying to remove it for rest of the others who like it
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I honestly don't like reforging because it's one more thing I have to deal with before being able to use a piece of gear. It's actually really nice to just get a piece of gear now and put it on instead of having to screw around with reforging. I don't mind if they brought back more gemming/enchanting though, that was fine with me.

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I also like random rolled stats and stuff, too. And trying to get the perfect stats on gear or sockets and such.

No, its clunky.

how about every item just has 1 single secondary stat on it and variable stat points that we all get to choose to assign to a stat in our character pane, this way you dont have to fuck around with reforging to meet break points and tediously going over every item and writing down how every item interacts with every other item -_-

It just really doesnt have a place in modern wow, anything that has a clunky interface just separates regular joes from people who know where to download addons, the skill cap for this game shouldnt include the ability to download an addon