Poll: Bring it back

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You can sum up these posts with a single image:

People who live in the past are probably never going to be happy with anything Blizzard ever does. But that's okay because I don't think Blizzard really cares too much either. WoW reached its peak in WotLK and after that point a lot of players quit the game not because of the changes Blizzard made to the game but because they simply moved on with their lives.
    Yep keep telling it yourself. WoD proved you are wrong. 10 mil come back then 7 mil left becouse game is just bad. Nobady moved or aged. Game just become more and more filled with bad desing choices.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yep keep telling it yourself. WoD proved you are wrong. 10 mil come back then 7 mil left becouse game is just bad. Nobady moved or aged. Game just become more and more filled with bad desing choices.
    Most people that came and left are those who believed in a promise of TBC and didn't get what they wanted. I hope they don't come back for Legion :P

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Then that is a problem with the scaling of the stat, another issue entirely.
    People are too quick to dismiss it simply because it isn't numerically the best.
    Which many stats aren't anyway consistently, as the scaling of all stats varies.

Blizzard have stated in the past the intent to have us able to "eyeball" an item, to be able to make a reasonable judgement without referring to spreadsheets or addons.
    While they have by no means achieved that currently, reforging is completely counter to that.
    regardless of their intent, eyeballing as you say takes alot away from the game. might as well go console and have the only stat be agi/str/intel
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    regardless of their intent, eyeballing as you say takes alot away from the game. might as well go console and have the only stat be agi/str/intel
    Actually if you are having to resort to some other tool, then isn't that "taking away from the game".
    If you cant make that decision purely from what you see in-game then there is something wrong.
    If anything we have too many stats.
    YOU should be able to make that judgement with reasonable accuracy.
    Not something else doing it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think you do, but you don't

10+ Year Old Account
    Rubbish.
    As I said there was no consistency.
    Rare does not stop world drops completely killing that argument as they were available prior to level cap, and there was NO skill element.
    That immediately destroys your argument, without even taking into account the rest.
    That vast difference in difficulty and means of obtaining them means that you cant generalize the colour as being attributed to any specific difficulty as you silly people keep doing.
    That regurgitated nonsense would need there to be some consistency applied to the difficulty if you are going to collate them all together by their rarity colour.
    That isn't the case by any stretch of the imagination, and you obviously have a lot of it to stretch.

I got my first epic from a buzzard in the badlands by the way.
    I got my first epic off some random pirate in STV. Your point being?

Epics were much less common in vanilla, that much is a fact. Most players at level 60 were stuck in blues for a very long time; to be in full epics at level 60 in vanilla was something that, generally speaking, only the most dedicated raiders or PvPers were able to achieve. Whether or not how you obtain them "feels" epic is debatable, but I would argue that most people had somewhat of a "wow" reaction when they got their first epic in vanilla/TBC. Compare that to the game now, where for the past two expansions or so we've been spoon-fed epics through LFR which does not require any skill either. You can literally queue up for it, set someone on follow, and AFK throughout the entire thing.

You're right, a player could have gotten one epic off a lucky drop from some random mob and that wouldn't mean much. But for a player to have a full set of epics in vanilla meant that they were a dedicated player - meaning they spent significant amounts of time. Note that I say nothing about skill, because any schmuck could show up on time to his raids, save up his DKP for a bit and then bid on everything. At the very least, a full set of epic gear represented that much. Today you can be in full epics in an hour after hitting 100 just from running LFR and literally looting epics from treasure chests on the ground in Tanaan. If you really want to try to qualify how difficult it is to obtain LFR epics by using a color then I believe they should be blue quality instead.

But, like I said before, I'm all for abolishing the color system altogether. All you need to know is the item level, really.

Actually if you are having to resort to some other tool, then isn't that "taking away from the game".
    If you cant make that decision purely from what you see in-game then there is something wrong.
    If anything we have too many stats.
    YOU should be able to make that judgement with reasonable accuracy.
    Not something else doing it for you.
    and the good players always could.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Yeah, I dug reforging and would love to see it back. Especially in any version of the game containing versatility. Versatility turns pieces of gear into gag gifts.

I thought reforge was a great addition to the game. It added a bit more variety in the gearing meta. I was frustrated to see it go considering the time and cost was rather trivial.

Deleted
    They failed in WoD to tune stats. They failed so horribly that it would look miserable for them to argue to not bring reforging back.

Reforging needs to come back. I have so many items with horrible secondaries and no way to make them better. It should be like 50-75% of the stat converted though, not 30%.

Gear matters too much now. Certain raid tiers are basically "oh hey this tier only drops cloth with mastery/crit but haste is your best stat so your spec is gimped for an entire raid tier" which is stupid.

The mod exists for people who don't care about it, and people who actually want to have fun with it can mess around with it themselves. It's a good feature we need back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Reforging needs to come back. I have so many items with horrible secondaries and no way to make them better. It should be like 50-75% of the stat converted though, not 30%.

Gear matters too much now. Certain raid tiers are basically "oh hey this tier only drops cloth with mastery/crit but haste is your best stat so your spec is gimped for an entire raid tier" which is stupid.

The mod exists for people who don't care about it, and people who actually want to have fun with it can mess around with it themselves. It's a good feature we need back.
    The "problem" this tier was the increasing ilvl of items, making almost 50% of the loot strictly worse than higher ilvl counterparts with shit secondaries (not true for all classes/specs obviously but generally ilvl > bis stats). I still have no idea how this passed QA because it's so stupid on so many levels, making the already lackluster content obsolete the second you progress to the next boss. What was the reason to do lower HFC after getting 7-8 bosses down besides tier tokens and some trinkets, no one ever said "but my bis boots drop from iron reaver!". Reforging would be a band aid fix on something that wasn't an issue until this tier.

If versatility wasn't so fucking shit for every single class, we wouldn't have to shard every piece of gear with vers on it, which I think is one of the problems in this tier. Sure you might have to use gear slots with sub optimal stats (as per your example), but it's often useful for someone else so the gear isn't always wasted as it is with every piece with vers.

Blizzard already announced that secondaries will scale worse in Legion, making it more difficult to reach the caps. If this is good or bad with the absence of reforging I'll leave to someone smarter than me to answer. While I agree it's sometimes infuriating to not being able to have "perfect BiS gear", I don't think reforging is a good solution for the very reason it was removed in the first place. Yes it's annoying to not have your specs best stats in every slot, but everyone is in the same boat so does it really matter?

Maybe adding some kind of reforging token/currency that drops for everyone like the ring upgrades, from the last boss on mythic difficulty, only usable for that tier of gear. It would add some satisfaction perfecting your gear, while it doesn't affect progress until the next tier. You will not be forced to instantly reforge every item you get and over complicate gearing during progress and farm will mean something more than hoping for the occasional WF/socket drops. Or make it available through other means (world quests/challenge modes/whatever), preferably only after you're done with progress. I think this is a reasonable compromise, you're not "forced" to do anything but if you want to spend the time it will be a slight reward towards the next tier and you get something to work towards even after the current content is cleared.

Deleted
    It was fun at first, but you could just use an addon to do it. Blizzard doesn't want there to be too much metagaming in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvision View Post
    It was fun at first, but you could just use an addon to do it. Blizzard doesn't want there to be too much metagaming in the game.
    It's not about fun but about utility.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved reforge. It allowed me to switch to a new spec without farming a whole new set of gear. I'm pretty much forced to play frost because of the stats RNG gave me. With reforge I could gain a bunch of crit and play a spec I actually enjoy.

Not only reforging was useful for people playing multiple specs, but it also prevented some people to whine like toddlers about their BiS gear.
    Cause now that we can't reforge anymore, I saw a lot more people being greedy about the loots. I don't know if it's just me but still.

If Blizzard doesn't bring it back, I won't really care. It's not that important to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely yes. More customization for gear is always welcome. And the more complex it is, the better. Shame that everything is getting simplified as the game ages. :/

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    The only thing reforging did was that everyone went to web sites to find out their optimal stat, then reforged every piece of gear towards it. That's literally it.

I mean, I like the idea behind it, but as long as secondary stats is only different ways of dealing more damage and there is one stat that is way better because some stupid passive give it +5-15%, both secondary stats and reforging are worthless and boring.
    Yeah? Do you know how many items i vendor just becouse they didnt had right stats for me? Thousands useelss items what i could potencialy use with reforging. Now i have to spend over 130k apexis crystal just to get 1 item with right stats. Thats just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Reforging never was a choice for anything. As you say yourself, people just did what some tool told them, there was never a choice. Min/Maxing isn't about choice, its about making a spreadsheet happy.

So, no. Don't bring reforging back. It doesn't benefit the game at all, it just gives an illusion of choice and makes naive players happy because they get to "improve" their stats. Luckily Blizzard does not seem to have any plans whatsoever do bring it back, so /thread.
    What it did was allow someone the opportunity to use a piece of gear without the perfect stats and reforge it to better ones. Instead now rng rules gear and if rng doesn't give you the stats you want one is sol and that piece of gear is useless. I would much rather have reforging in the game than count on rng any day of the week. With reforging one can at least deal with bad rng.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvision View Post

So better to be forced into a spec one doesn't like because of rng from loot? Or to throw away bad rng loot? That makes it so much better not being able to counter rng.