Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The biggest problem though is that this content in Legion they've been working on for allegedly 4 years or something will last for 2-3 months (if we're lucky) and then we'll be in the same exact situation again.

They really need to sit down and figure something out regarding development time vs consumption rate.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2016-04-06 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I'd rather have it completed and polished then have a rushed, unfinished product. They can take their time.
    These are words of wisdom.

There are some design choices that I don't agree with in Legion but rushing the expantion will not make it better in any way.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    At the current state of the alpha, you're going to have a rushed, unfinished product that took 14 months to rush.
    Do you have a source to backup that statement?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Allo, dont forget the movie will be out in june, which will add to wow's charm and probably bring (back?) loads of players.
    It would be counter productive to not use it.
    I'm just saïen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    FFXIV's team "From my understanding" is much smaller and less experinced then blizzards but FFXIV has as much depth as WoW if not more. As it stands and in my opinion when it comes to content FFXIV and Runescape is the only two MMO's that kicks WoW right in the nuts.
    Ah ok, thanks for clarifying which point you were talking about. FFXIV may have a smaller team, but just looking at the previous games they've put out in the series is enough to set them apart. While FFXIV is an MMO, it's almost unfair to compare it to blizz as it was created after 12 other games where they could get the polish right before moving into an MMO. At that point, dev team size matters only a little IMO.

Runescape? How can you compare wow to runescape? AFAIK there has never been a Runescape expansion, they've just added more and more stuff to the original game. I do appreciate how far it's come from when I originally started playing though. To think that in 10 years we went from no sound and weird 2d/3d stuff to almost an MMO style game is crazy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    At the current state of the alpha, you're going to have a rushed, unfinished product that took 14 months to rush.
    Do you feel like WoD was rushed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    When you have a big shiny "pre-order"-button, you don't need to wait with creating maximum hype until the game actually launches.
    Yeah, enough idiots with no impulse control always fall for the pre-order bullcrap.

And when you point it out to them, they get all defensive, hiding behind the excuse 'but but it's my money'. OF COURSE it's your money, that doesn't mean you're not enabling companies to release sub-par products because they already have your money anyway. I hate people that pre-order games. Normally I would say let those fools be fools, the problem is their child-like behavior affects those of us who actually have a basic understanding of the adult world and know how to be a proper consumer.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 06:16 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah, enough idiots with no impulse control always fall for the pre-order bullcrap.

And when you point it out to them, they get all defensive, hiding behind the excuse 'but but it's my money'. OF COURSE it's your money, that doesn't mean you're not enabling companies to release sub-par products because they already have your money anyway. I hate people that pre-order games. Normally I would say let those fools be fools, the problem is their child-like behavior affects those of us who actually have a basic understanding of the adult world and know how to be a proper consumer.
    Why are they idiots? Can't you just ask for a refund if you're not happy with the pre-release info?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    Much smaller dev companies produce much better games (entire games, not xpacs) much quicker. Sick and tired of blizz excuses and lazyness, legion should be out months ago!

over and out, peace to all who keep holding on.
    The hype was to keep you interested until another title came out... I think the next push will be to get you interested in Overwatch for a while, to keep you busy until September?

I mean has anyone else noticed that even mmo-champion slowly rolls out vids showing off armor sets and/or spell abilities per spec.

Even if you are actively searching it online you wouldn't have found these videos at all. I think Blizzard was prompting alpha testers to post vids at this rate to promote hype and keep people interested long term.

The game isn't in beta yet which is odd.

We should be seeing class changes live as well as early access to DHs.

TBH season 2 should have been A LOT longer.

Season 3 should have been DHs + new abilities, PvP talents, and other class changes.

My sub just lapsed last Sunday... which ends the longest sub period for me ever... continuously subbed since WoD launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You said

FFXIV's team "From my understanding" is much smaller and less experinced then blizzards but FFXIV has as much depth as WoW if not more. As it stands and in my opinion when it comes to content FFXIV and Runescape is the only two MMO's that kicks WoW right in the nuts.
    Except the content in Final Fantasy series has very little appeal to people in the US. Grind, grind, grind. They added that in WOD and people hated it. So adding additional grinds really wouldn't pass for content either imo.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

Even if you are actively searching it online you wouldn't have found these videos at all. I think Blizzard was prompting alpha testers to post vids at this rate to promote hype and keep people interested long term.
    They weren't.

Tbh I doubt it'll be out before the expected date listed maybe a month or so after. Which they can change if they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    They weren't.
    Oh really... I'm convinced.

Tell me then why is it that all our favorite video makers/video posters got Alpha invites and us plebes did not?

I'll tell you, its because if you aren't going to post, you aren't contributing to the hype and thus you are irrelevant to the cause.

My grandmother could do a better job at testing, and providing feedback then some of our fav posters. The difference is my grandmother doesn't post youtube vids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh really... I'm convinced.

Tell me then why is it that all our favorite video makers/video posters got Alpha invites and us plebes did not?

I'll tell you, its because if you aren't going to post, you aren't contributing to the hype and thus you are irrelevant to the cause.

My grandmother could do a better job at testing, and providing feedback then some of our fav posters. The difference is my grandmother doesn't post youtube vids.
    I'm in the Alpha, lol.

Just saying your paranoia is incorrect.

I'm in the Alpha, lol.

Oh really. And what are you upto now on it? Providing good feedback I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the Alpha, lol.

Doesn't change the fact that videos have trickled in.

Or the fact that if you frequently post WoW related videos you got an invite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh really. And what are you upto now on it? Providing good feedback I hope.
    Obviously. Is suspicion really the path you wanted to take? I could just make a screenshot with your name in it and then that would be settled.

The point is that every single expansion, bloggers and vloggers and other folks who are majorly obsessed with WoW get invites. What is the big difference? Nothing. There is no secret messaging going out, telling alpha testers to make videos. lol. What a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Blizzard rushes expansions.
    Blizzard takes too long.

Pick one.
    They rushed before. Glad they are taking time for Legion

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't change the fact that videos have trickled in.

Or the fact that if you frequently post WoW related videos you got an invite.
    See above.

10+ Year Old Account
    See above.
    So why do you think it trickles in on a daily basis?

Why aren't the vloggers flooding youtube with their version of the same ol shit?

Technically speaking Blizzard could prevent (via copyright law) any person from posting anything about the alpha.

Material from this alpha has been pretty scarce when compared to previous ones.