Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I don't think much of Anonymous, but decreasing Trump's publicity is something they might actually be capable off. Still not supporting that, though.
    That will only increase his support.

It will seem like the otherside is frantically trying to silence his free speech.

This is only showing desperation to defeat him.

He could use more supporters though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Funny... it's Donald that wants to change the laws so he can stop people saying mean things about him.
    Context.

For example...that lovely little story that tried to say he was a nazi and was trying to get his supporters to do a nazi salute was exceptionally malicious and taken out of context. It wasn't just an attack, it was straight up bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    That will only increase his support.

It will seem like the otherside is frantically trying to silence his free speech.

This is only showing desperation to defeat him.

He could use more supporters though.
    Uhm... Trump proposed liable suits for journalists, has threatened to sue Ted Cruz over quoting him and a comedian for calling him him the spawn of an orangutan. As in, taking them to court to shut them up, instead of voicing their opinion as a form of silencing free speech.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    What does total war mean? Do they want to offense me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Context.

For example...that lovely little story that tried to say he was a nazi and was trying to get his supporters to do a nazi salute was exceptionally malicious and taken out of context. It wasn't just an attack, it was straight up bullshit.
    Yeah, the context of him wanting laws to create a safe space, versus people voicing their opinion as a form of silencing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    It's a pretty fun strategy game published by Sega.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anonymous. The group that is famous for doing nothing. I'm sure Trump is scared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Time to get my Anonymous mask. Trump, you don't want to mess with hackers.

Oh the irony... the mask is supposed to be a symbol of anti-establishment.

But by purchasing it... you are propping up the establishment. Time Warner owns the rights to the mask and every year it sells over 100,000 pieces. (making it the BEST selling costume piece)

In the movie V for Vendetta the mask gives him the anonymity that protects him from being a target of Totalitarian government power. Which is only necessary if you are doing something illegal or destructive...

If all you are doing is going to some rally or protest... the mask is pretty pointless. Your freedom of speech protects you making the mask not only useless but actually work in contrast to your goals. Your individual (group or person) issues don't get addressed because you don't exist.

Now if you are going to commit an act of terrorism or vandalism to "send a message" you may want to conceal your identity.

Symbols have meaning, but when you use them incorrectly or out of context they lose their meaning. Something to think about before you run and buy one because you saw it on a movie once and you think it would be cool to go cosplay at a rally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Anonymous. The group that is famous for doing nothing. I'm sure Trump is scared.
    Well... the thing to keep in mind is that they're not really a group. Anyone can say they're anonymous and declare vendetta on someone.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    It essentially means their goal is to remove any trace of him. Political, commercial, personal, my guess is that would include his family, his home, his business etc...

Militarily speaking you would be declaring war not just against the government and its military but the people it represents, civilians. Generally speaking in War women and children are off limits... Total War means anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Funny... it's Donald that wants to change the laws so he can stop people saying mean things about him.
    Yeah, Trump and many mainstream conservatives do the whole safe space thing too.

They just call it other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Yeah, Trump and many mainstream conservatives do the whole safe space thing too.

Remember "free speech zones"?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    If Donald Trump wins, that means he is the majority vote, meaning people wanted him to be in power, in a democratic way.

If Anon is against that they might as well be against democracy.
    Not really though. There are 146 million registered voters in the USA. Of those only 126 million bothered to vote in 2012. Overall though, that's not much considering that there are 318.9 million people in the USA of which 235.2 are of voting age. Of those only 54.9% of those of voting age actually turned out.

So basically what that means is this; If trump does win, even by the smallest margin of 51/49 with no other votes cast for other candidates and assuming a 55% turnout on all voting age population, which is highly unlikely, that's only 65.9 million people in favor of Trump as president. At the end of the day, that's only 20.7% of the US population in favor of him as president.

Sure, it's the most votes for a single person, but it's far from the majority.

All that being said, I don't see anything happening from this. Sure, they might attack his webpage and have it down for a day or two, but they're not going to amount to anything that matters. If his own words and actions haven't doomed him, I doubt anything they can do to him will either.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like they think they're an actual threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

Trump is different from mainstream conservatives or SJW in this regard. He wants to change law and him self has threatened to sue people over their speech. Neither conservatives as a group nor SJW as a group, are proposing law changes to create the safe space. In fact, if his threat against Ted Cruz is to be used as an example of what he believes is liable, it would mean a politician would be able to sue for being quoted previously, if their current rhetoric no longer matches that view. Quite litteraly making so that pointing out a politician's flip flopping or being a hypocrite, be against the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    All that being said, I don't see anything happening from this. Sure, they might attack his webpage and have it down for a day or two, but they're not going to amount to anything that matters. If his own words and actions haven't doomed him, I doubt anything they can do to him will either.
    Judging by what they did with Ashley Madison, I wouldn't be surprised if they release Trump's tax record. Something that Trump currently refuses to do and at least Romney speculated would be damning to his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    If Donald Trump wins, that means he is the majority vote, meaning people wanted him to be in power, in a democratic way.

If Anon is against that they might as well be against democracy.
    If democracy can be defined as manipulation through abusing peoples fears.
    He is giving people what they being convinced they need, not in my view what they actually need.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If democracy can be defined as manipulation through abusing peoples fears.
    He is giving people what they being convinced they need, not in my view what they actually need.
    That is unfortunately all that politics is about now. (forever probably ?) It's all about saying the things a large enough portion of the population want to hear to get elected then do whatever the fuck you want. Maybe my cynicism is talking here but no politician is different. They are all the same kind of people, they manipulate, they cheat, they bully to get into office then they start spinning the excuses about why they won't do what they promised.

"The last government lied about the state of public funds so we can't give you all the free stuff we have been promising while campaigning." Not sure about american politicians but this sentence has been said EVERY SINGLE election here in Canada both provincial and federal since I am old enough to vote. For some reason, nobody ever calls them out on it.

Trump or Hillary will do whats best for number 1 and number 1 is themselves when they get into office. I never thought I would say these words but "the old commie" Sanders was the best chance Americans had but he wont get the nomination.

This anonymous thing is just a farce, Trump or his campaign manager is very good with the media. He will use any "attacks" they do on him to gain more supporters who have deluded themselves that he is anti establishment. How he could convince anyone that an old rich liar like himself is made of a different cloth than the other politicians is beyond me.

I am sure No one at Trump HQ is quaking in their boots.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

greasy neckbeards in their basements declare war on the Trump.

Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post

Why?
    a) I think they're too young to grow neckbeards.
    b) cause he's a bit of a dick?

-Kujako-

"Anonymous" aka Chanology, which is an organization that's been co-opted by state actors (and worse, Reddit) for almost a decade at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post

Why?
    Because he hurt somebodies feelings.