Group rape or not a group rape?

Quite a lot of shock/outrage in Sweden about a judge who decided to reduce the sentence of a rapist from 4 1/2 years to 3 1/2 years and also reduced the compensation to be paid to the victim.

Last March a woman was raped by two men in a car. One of the men was later caught and arrested in Norway, the other is still on the loose in europe somewhere. The man who was caught was sentenced to 4 1/2 years and it was decided that he had committed a Grov Våldtäkt. In Sweden there's different sentencing for rape and a more violent kind of rape which is known as a Grov Våldtäkt. A normal rape carries a sentence of 2-6 years whereas for the more violent kind it's 4-10 years. Group/gang rapes fall under the Grov Våldtäkt category so this guy was sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison but a judge has now decided that because the men left the car while the other raped and didn't help each other during the act it can't be considered a group rape, and he has therefore reduced the sentence.

A rough translation of the law is

In assessing whether the offense is a Grov Våldtäkt, it should be considered if there is violence or a threat of a particularly serious nature or if more than one person assaulted the victim or otherwise participated in the assault.

So what do you think? Does two men conspiring to rape someone not constitute a group rape if they decide to give each other some privacy during the act?

Links to articles about the incident and subsequent changing of the sentence, but they're in Swedish.

http://www.expressen.se/gt/doms-till...utal-valdtakt/

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/br...cle22444033.ab

Deleted
    3 1/2 years for rape

such rehabilitation

such progressiveness

wow

let me guess, Middle Easterners?

It's still a gang rape whether or not they were in on it at literally the same time or not. More than one assailant and all that.

If we're being honest, your punishments for rape in Sweden are too soft regardless. You should consider castration.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I think it should be a harsher penalty if they are two

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    So what do you think?
    I think the people should have been outraged a long time ago and that maybe now its just too damn late and perhaps they should just shut up and take their medicine.

Two years for rape?

That's just fucking stupid.

Hard to give a damn about people who allowed that to be the law of their land in the first place.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    3 1/2 years for rape

such rehabilitation

such progressiveness

wow

Yeah. Didn't want to it to turn into another refugee thread though

3 1/2 years for rape

such rehabilitation

such progressiveness

wow

harsh punishment does not work that well as a deterrent. Rehabilitation works better if you plan on ever letting them out again.
    Rehabilitation might not be as "comforting" for the victims however but thats another matter.

On topic: Yeah, group rape should be seen as a more serious crime and in this case, it really does seem like a group rape. What needs to happen befor it's a group?
    That judge is going to have a busy week, no doubt.

Do Swedish lives not matter? Why aren't there mass protests in the streets about this shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    harsh punishment does not work that well as a deterrent. Rehabilitation works better if you plan on ever letting them out again.
    Rehabilitation might not be as "comforting" for the victims however but thats another matter.

On topic: Yeah, group rape should be seen as a more serious crime and in this case, it really does seem like a group rape. What needs to happen befor it's a group?
    That judge is going to have a busy week, no doubt.
    Repeat offenders should never be let out again.

And there is no way they won't do it again just because you locked them up for 3 years. People don't just change like that. Those 2 mongrels should be locked up for at least 20 years.

So lower sentence because they did not rape her at the same time but took turns raping her? lmao must be the most stupid thing from sweden in a while.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-03-15 at 10:16 PM.

Why are Swedes okay with this?

Nordic Crime Sentences are a joke.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Deleted
    3.5 years for rape.
    And im assuming you probably have good behaviour shit where they get out at 2/3th of the sentence?
    One has to wonder why the government is just hellbend on actively promoting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    So what do you think? Does two men conspiring to rape someone not constitute a group rape if they decide to give each other some privacy during the act?
    Yes, I would say so. It's not like if she somehow fought one of them off and escaped the car, the other would have let her flee the scene. They were still working together in the sense that one is keeping watch for the other, and would stop the woman from running away if she tried to.

Also, even 4 1/2 years is way too little for rape. What the hell, Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Also, even 4 1/2 years is way too little for rape. What the hell, Sweden?
    Yeah the sentencing in general is a complete fucking farce. You see people getting less than 4-5 years for rape all the time.

Repeat offenders should never be let out again.

And there is no way they won't do it again just because you locked them up for 3 years. People don't just change like that. Those 2 mongrels should be locked up for at least 20 years.
    Maybe you're right though chances are that they'll do it again in 20.
    Rehabilitation has shown to work better on most offenders however. There are exceptions of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    This sort of thing reminds me of the retarded hate crime statutes. Assault a guy, go to jail. Assault a guy equally as hard, but do it because of race, and suddenly you go to jail longer. In both cases the victim is equally damaged, so why is there a different punishment?

In this Swedish case, it's a couple of savage rapists. There's no need to judge the degree of how much they conspired to rape, or helped each other. Punished them individually as a rapist.

If I ever want to become a career criminal, sounds like Sweden is the place to move to. With the way their light sentencing goes, I wonder if they let prisoners play video games in their cells lol.