Unhappy Leveling from 1.. or leveling from 100 and down again?

Is there something your missing out if you go directly to 100 and doing content backwards all powerful?
    Or is leveling from 1 to max, better experience?

I have a hard time getting pass level 25 before I am bored of this old Azeroth quests.

I'd say it depends on factors like A) how long have you been playing WoW B) How many alts have you leveled to max and of course probably the most obvious -- C) do you enjoy questing?

If you played the game for many years and have already leveled many alts -- I'd suggest you aren't missing much at all by just going straight to 100 (well expect for an extra $60) ......people new to the game even if you have 1 or 2 leveled capped toons I'd probably suggest sticking to leveling the "old fashioned way".....as long as you enjoy questing --- because with only a couple level capped toons, chances are there are more places to explore and some quests you never experienced.

But that's just me.

I like leveling alts --- but there are spots in the leveling that I want to claw out my eyes......1-50 is rough to me..... after I get to 50 I feel the quests start clipping by faster, but then 58-69 I hate because that's TBC (Outland) I'm tired of Outland except for Nagrand. I love all Wrath so I'm happy again 70-80.....MoP is pretty fun as well, but then cata bores me (strike that...reverse it...lol Cata and then MoP)....WoD is fine...actually for the hate WoD gets I rather enjoy leveling in WoD...I'd probably rate it higher than TBC or Cata for leveling...

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the tail end levels of each bracket. 55-59 sucks, 65-69 is terrible, etc.

I've been playing since Vanilla, I've leveled at least 100 characters through Vanilla/BC/Wrath, and at least 50+ through Cata/MoP. Only did 13 through WoD, and I was about ready to pull my hair out when I finished the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Depends on whether you have access to heirlooms. I leveled a druid as guardian from 1-60 in several hours over the course of a single day, not even trying. As tank the dungeon queues are almost instant, and the quests given for each dungeon usually carry you to the next dungeons easily. It slows at 50, but its not bad.

Not that its a huge deal, but if you skip straight to 100, you still have to go back and do some intro quests for access to portals for the Cataclysm content, as well as Pandaria. These go fairly quick though. Personally, I would level to 60 to more or less learn the basics of the class, then use the 100 upgrade so that your professions max out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    Leveling from 50-58 is terrible because of the blackrock dungeon. Otherwise its a breeze. Northren is still fun to do at any level.
    50-58 is easy with Blackrock Depths: Detention Block. You use the mole machine to get to Grim Guzzle, jump down to the black anvil, kill the Fire Elemental and Fineous in the next hall and you are done. Can be done 10 times in 1hour for 200k exp + what you get from kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHoodie View Post
    Is there something your missing out if you go directly to 100 and doing content backwards all powerful?
    Or is leveling from 1 to max, better experience?

I have a hard time getting pass level 25 before I am bored of this old Azeroth quests.
    You're not missing anything. Buying a level 100 boost is what Blizzard wants us to do. The early content has been abandoned and neglected pretty badly and is broken in many places.

Definitely don't skip unless you're just that utterly sick of those zones.

Though I have to ask what quests you're doing that you're bored around level 25, from my experience the 1-25 bracket is some of the best in the 1-60 continents, like the forsaken zones.

Generally it's just good to level normally, get to know your class and enjoy the questing, putting on heirlooms when you want to speed things up and get a certain level bracket over with. You get precious experience playing and experimenting with your class that can't really be mimicked doing level 1 quests at level 100 1-shotting everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make characters with specific goals and themes in mind so that I care about the character and want to invest time in them.

That may mean grinding specific reputations or leveling proffesions related to my theme of who my character is in the world.

It's down to what you value,I think. I wouldn't skip levels if you haven't experienced a particular area before.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odelius View Post
    50-58 is easy with Blackrock Depths: Detention Block. You use the mole machine to get to Grim Guzzle, jump down to the black anvil, kill the Fire Elemental and Fineous in the next hall and you are done. Can be done 10 times in 1hour for 200k exp + what you get from kills.
    Starts at level 47 I believe. And to the people commenting on leveling 1-50, what I've found to be the quickest way was to do each dungeon one time to get the quests. With full heirlooms, it nets you a level or more every time. You basically get to see every dungeon straight to level 47, at which you begin the BRD Mole Runs. You get to 56, and then have the option to quest, do LBRS, or just butcher mobs. For Outlands, I get a friend to speed clear each TBC dungeon for me one time each, then a couple repeats of one of the quick ones. Same for WOLK content, get a friend to power level you. Cata same, and MOP same.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore