Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    As a Jew, I can assure you that I am no different than the rest of the population.
    sure, but can you explain how 1.9% of the population ends up with 40%+ of scotus judges?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Their job is to kneel before the king? Or check executive power for balance?
    Their job is to review and confirm appointments in good faith, not to blindly say "no" to everything Obama does. Don't take that to mean they have to blindly say yes to everything he does either, but they should be working to find a compromise for both parties, not just being fucking babies about it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Merrick Garland. A 63-year-old white Moderate Judge.

Your move, GOP.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    sure, but can you explain how 1.9% of the population ends up with 40%+ of scotus judges?
    Because we are no different from anyone else, making the distinction moot.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Their job is to review and confirm appointments in good faith, not to blindly say "no" to everything Obama does. Don't take that to mean they have to blindly say yes to everything he does either, but they should be working to find a compromise for both parties, not just being fucking babies about it.
    I'd rather wait for President Trump. Fuck Obama, he has 2 picks already and they both suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Merrick Garland. A 63-year-old white Moderate Judge.

Your move, GOP.
    I hope it's Colin Powel or Rice, but those are way too big a names to not be heard from at this point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    I'd rather wait for President Trump. Fuck Obama, he has 2 picks already and they both suck.
    Too bad, that's not how the Constitution works. There's no limit to the number of picks a sitting president has. If all nine die tomorrow, Obama picks nine more judges.

And the Senate reviews and confirms them.

You don't get to play obstructionist just because your guy isn't in office yet (and never will be, Trump is a piece of shit who won't win.)
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP overplayed this badly and now they'll pay the political price. If they proceed with the nomination their base will hate them. If they sit and be obstructionist they will play right into the Dem narrative during the general election which could swing undecided and moderate voters, especially considering the Dems appear to be moving forward with their more moderate nominee.

Unless Trump can play the general election extremely well, he's going to have an uphill battle to not only win over the moderates, but also his own party.

Deleted
    Done deal me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, this was a perfect move by Obama.
    At this point the GOP cannot seriously defend their own whining.

They should get a Muslim judge!
    You are from the Netherlands, you opinion is inconsequential. You should go volunteer in the refugee camps so you can help them in their conquest of your country.

Trying to block this appointment would only prove that the GOP have no interest in running the US, and would rather spend time bickering like 5 year olds.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are from the Netherlands, you opinion is inconsequential.
    I've noticed this cropping up in the forums more and more.

This is a discussion board. It's nothing BUT opinions. This whole blah blah you aren't from here blah blah is a really stupid thing that needs to die. Nothing of consequence gets decided here so everyone gets to chime in. That's the whole point of a forum you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I've noticed this cropping up in the forums more and more.

This is a discussion board. It's nothing BUT opinions. This whole blah blah you aren't from here blah blah is a really stupid thing that needs to die. Nothing of consequence gets decided here so everyone gets to chime in. That's the whole point of a forum you know.
    Not to mention the fact that when it comes to the appointment of a supreme court judge a hamster in Italy has about the same amount of say in the matter as a forum poster. Even a forum poster from the US.

You are from the Netherlands, you opinion is inconsequential. You should go volunteer in the refugee camps so you can help them in their conquest of your country.
    Such comments are baffling.

Because we are no different from anyone else, making the distinction moot.
    Seems a little a odd they needed to kill a bunch of Arabs to make their own country then. I have the feeling you're being obtuse though

As a Jew, I can assure you that I am no different than the rest of the population.
    Yeah, but you control the world so...I am not taking your word for it ...SARCASM*
    Thank you for calling that post out a bit...seemed odd to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Too bad, that's not how the Constitution works. There's no limit to the number of picks a sitting president has. If all nine die tomorrow, Obama picks nine more judges.

And the Senate reviews and confirms them.

You don't get to play obstructionist just because your guy isn't in office yet (and never will be, Trump is a piece of shit who won't win.)
    The senate can do whatever they want. And when did liberals start caring about the constitution?

Seems a little a odd they needed to kill a bunch of Arabs to make their own country then. I have the feeling you're being obtuse though
    Oh, the pot is not calling the kettle here, it's screaming at the top of it's metallic lungs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the pick:

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!