Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glyph of travel gone in Legion, so no point in ground Travel Form ?

I havent reached lvl 100 on my druid yet, so help me understand:

- the ground version of Travel Form is capped at 60% increase, right ? Regardless of your level or riding skill it stays at 60% ?
    - the only way to increase its speed is with the current Glyph of Travel ?

so if that glyph is gone in Legion, then that means your ground Travel Form will always be slower then your 100% ground mount, meaning you will always have to use the 1.5 sec cast time mount instead ? Until flight is unlocked.

Or will they change it so your ground Travel Form scales to 100% speed when your mount is @ 100% ?

7+ Year Old Account
    It will probably just be gone, full stop. Just like Glyph of Ghostly Speed for Shaman.

what is the reason that ground TF doesnt get 100%, but flight TF gets the 310% speed ?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Travel form is usable in combat. Flight form and normal mounts aren't. Same reason that the Glyph of Travel only works if you shift into Travel Form while outside of combat.

So we'll still be able to zip around at 160%+ movement speed in combat; we'll just have to use a regular ground mount outside of combat when in a non-flight-enabled area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    So we'll still be able to zip around at 160%+ movement speed in combat; we'll just have to use a regular ground mount outside of combat when in a non-flight-enabled area.
    Well the point is at 160%, in combat you might as well use Cat Form, which is only a bit slower but also gives you dash.
    Travel Form is only usable in the open world as well, so only when questing and not in raids/dungeons, so I don't see myself using it at all if I can't use it as a mount replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Travel form is usable in combat. Flight form and normal mounts aren't. Same reason that the Glyph of Travel only works if you shift into Travel Form while outside of combat.

The glyph speed does not work in combat and pvp instances. Integrating it in the ability would not change that and it would be awesome.

The downside is that it is not affected by mounting speed increases which is a fair trade-off for being an instant cast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    The glyph speed does not work in combat and pvp instances. Integrating it in the ability would not change that and it would be awesome.

The downside is that it is not affected by mounting speed increases which is a fair trade-off for being an instant cast.
    This was a trade off of flight form too, when it came to guild perks, but they fixed that one, didn't they?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted

Would love to see it become baseline, and split between pve / pvp. pls blizz :3

Yep. In Tanaan, pre-flying, mounted speed with the sabersomething buff is 215% speed. You only got 200% speed with travel form. Stuff like that is just fine, just give me instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    what is the reason that ground TF doesnt get 100%, but flight TF gets the 310% speed ?
    TF was never intended to replace mounts. Flight form is an actual mount replacement.

TF was intended as an instant cast 60% movement speed increase that works outside of some of the limitations that mount has.
    e.g. Usable in combat, usable in some situations when mount isn't (e.g. flag carrying in pvp).

The glyph made it a semi-ground mount replacement. (I say semi, because it lacks the mount bonuses so it's still slower).
    I will really miss the glyph as I nearly always used it for an instant 100% movement speed boost in my garrison for example.

If they don't want the 100% speed increase to apply anymore for some reason; I somewhat hope they will make travel form workable indoors instead, just like ghost wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    TF was never intended to replace mounts. Flight form is an actual mount replacement.
    Do you have a quote on that ?
    Because a 200% movement speed, instant cast, permanent buff until cancelled does sound like quite a viable replacement for land mounts.

The latest build removes the outdoor requirement from the tooltip, anyone on alpha can test if it maybe actually works indoors now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The latest build removes the outdoor requirement from the tooltip, anyone on alpha can test if it maybe actually works indoors now?
    Now ferals will demand to be able to DPS in travel form in raids.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Now ferals will demand to be able to DPS in travel form in raids.
    Travel is barely faster than Cat Form and looks a lot less cool though.

Edit: A bunch of people in this thread mentioned Travel Form is 60%, but it's actually 40%, with the glyph increasing it by 60%. Cat Form is 30%.

Flight form is instant and affected by the guild bonus. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post

TF was intended as an instant cast 60% movement speed increase that works outside of some of the limitations that mount has.
    e.g. Usable in combat, usable in some situations when mount isn't (e.g. flag carrying in pvp).
    The counter to that argument is that flying mounts were always intended to be available at max level in all zones/expansions at the time Flight Form was being designed/released. With the design decision to block flying mounts at all levels for big chunks of WoD and now Legion, Glyph of Travel provided "compensation" for one of the Druid class perks being made essentially useless by the no flying decision.

I think that if the glyph isn't baked baseline, there's very little reason for the Stag Travel Form to even exist really. It's basically the same movement speed increase as using Cat Form, and Cat Form still allows some combat abilities (depending on spec/affinity), and is usable inside. It's kind of a core/iconic part of the Druid kit, so they do need to do something with it to make it feel relevant. The fact that it's only +40% movement vs +50% movement makes it seem redundant to even exist as a seperate button if they don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Flight form is instant and affected by the guild bonus. :P
    But doesn't work in combat.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I honestly think ground travel form is a bit of a relic now from back in the time when you weren't able to get your first mount till 40 so druids being able to to go travel form and move quicker than everyone else was a perk of playing the most race restrictive class in the game

Quote Originally Posted by amythist View Post
    I honestly think ground travel form is a bit of a relic now from back in the time when you weren't able to get your first mount till 40 so druids being able to to go travel form and move quicker than everyone else was a perk of playing the most race restrictive class in the game
    So, kinda like Ghost Wolf then.

It's a mobility ability that just so happens to take the form of a "permanent" speed increase instead of a burst.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    It will probably just be gone, full stop. Just like Glyph of Ghostly Speed for Shaman.
    Is this gone??? Why??????