Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dog isn't bad but I don't go out of my way to order it.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Im not against eating anything that tastes good and wont cause me significant harm but boiling the dogs to death is pretty cruel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    You need to understand
    No, you need to understand that you are implying. If you want to bold parts of my post fine, but don't ignore the rest.

You must be living in a fairy tale if you think regulations are getting in the way of intensive production business plan. Take any animal product, eggs, milk, not just meat, it's all optimized to produce quantity. As I said, unless you buy your meat locally from a small organic company, you do support animal abuse.

I am not against eating meat, and I am not against quick slaughter. I am against the environment and food the animal is given before slaughter. You can dream on if that makes your sleep better.

Deleted
    Bwahaha. "One of the final paragraphs". Are you flippin' serious? It's called a conclusion. It is a summary of what they had discovered. I don't need more "context" and "understanding" because conclusions in research papers like this are already using context and understanding. And they said they do not know for sure if they feel pain, more research is needed and that they should be given the benefit of the doubt. I have also linked you this further research, which you have seemingly ignored.

You're not an entomologist, so you do not know shit. You are just assuming things and thinking it is fact. The paper you linked me doesn't even say what you assume.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that's not what a normal functional person does.

Seriously, I see you in most of these animal threads condoning animal cruelty and torture or saying "I don't give a shit". Okay we get it, you don't like animals and you're a cruel person.
    whatever floats your boat

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    No, you need to understand that you are implying. If you want to bold parts of my post fine, but don't ignore the rest.

You must be living in a fairy tale if you think regulations are getting in the way of intensive production business plan. Take any animal product, eggs, milk, not just meat, it's all optimized to produce quantity. As I said, unless you buy your meat locally from a small organic company, you do support animal abuse.

I am not against eating meat, and I am not against quick slaughter. I am against the environment and food the animal is given before slaughter. You can dream on if that makes your sleep better.
    Ignore what? The reason I bolded them was because they stuck out most, and wanted to pick them apart. They seemed to be definitive, absolute statements. You're throwing darts with a blindfold. Assumptions and guesses, I don't see anything of substance. You equate boiling dogs alive to the proper slaughtering of farm animals, and somehow you've twisted logic and proclaimed that people who eat meat support boiling dogs alive.

No, I don't live in a fairyland. I live in the real world where not every industry or place of operation is corrupt. A lot of them *gasp* are routinely inspected and audited. And there's another assumption you make, you assume that just because it might seem that way to you where ever you live means it's like that everywhere else. I hate to tell you this, but not all countries are lax with animal welfare.

Have you actually set foot, or even worked in a modern abattoir? My guess is no, you haven't. Can you even speak on first hand experience?

To say that people who eat meat support animal abuse is a complete fallacy. To even begin to contemplate this as correct, you have to not only know where they are getting their meat from and how it is raised, you also have to know their attitude on all of this. Do they care about the cruelty in some mass produced places? Do they think more should be done? Do they look inform themselves where they get their meat from? You haven't even answered these questions and you are already saying these people support cruelty and support boiling dogs alive.

You're being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    whatever floats your boat
    Coming from someone using a Trump avatar, I guess I expected something like this.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2016-04-01 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Who is "we" ?

You don't speak for me, nor my locality where boiling lobsters is outlawed. Personally, I'd consider myself well above that (and why I find such things contemptible).

As for the bolded part, no, not really. It's a lot more complicated than that. An "us vs them" mentality is a few hundred years outdated, simplistic and intellectually lazy. With information at our fingertips, and what we know of animal biology... doing things like boiling animals alive should be unacceptable. But unfortunately some people are still stuck in an age where they think animals can't feel, or are not worthy of even the slightest mercy because "they're not humans".

Interestingly enough, socio-economic factors are not really that relevant when it comes to animal cruelty, because cruelty cases can come from any socio-economic background (according to the RSPCA). Really, it's about the individual. I don't care what culture they came from, because across all cultures, there are compassionate people and there are psychopathic people. Sadists don't pick what culture they're a part of.
    "we" is western civilization as a whole, as compared to asian civilization which boils the dogs.

and yes its us > animals if it comes down to it, it's just because we are well off that we don't have to let it come down to it. In a life and death situation you would probably never find yourself in, you would eat a random dog too, instead of letting a random dog eat you.

a more realistic example, we test medicine on animals instead of humans because us > them. or the lethal dosage of stuff for a even more realistic example.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-01 at 11:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    "we" is western civilization as a whole, as compared to asian civilization which boils the dogs.

and yes its us > animals if it comes down to it, it's just because we are well off that we don't have to let it come down to it. In a life and death situation you would probably never find yourself in, you would eat a dog too, instead of letting a dog eat you.

a more realistic example, we test medicine on animals instead of humans because us > them. or the lethal dosage of stuff for a even more realistic example.
    Boiling and eating dogs are not an issue. Its just a different culture that actually breeds dog like cattle for consumption.

The fact that a small group of people are actually doing the boiling on live dogs is a problem both the Chinese population and the goverment condones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Boiling and eating dogs are not an issue. Its just a different culture that actually breeds dog like cattle for consumption.

The fact that a small group of people are actually doing the boiling on live dogs is a problem both the Chinese population and the goverment condones.
    i never said it wasn't a issue, i argue that we (western civilization) do plenty of messed up crap too so one should be careful when taking the moral high road.

as a example, most chicken i buy at the supermarket is halal slaughthered these days. but its a lot cheaper then biological chicken that isnt halal slaughtered. i dont like halal slaughtering but i cant realistically spend 50% more on many products either.

well don't you boil animals to eat? Don't you grow them on farms and mistreat them horribly? Are you better than them? that's what they have to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    The difference is that most Western countries have animal cruelty laws which prohibit that.

and yes its us > animals if it comes down to it, it's just because we are well off that we don't have to let it come down to it. In a life and death situation you would probably never find yourself in, you would eat a random dog too, instead of letting a random dog eat you.
    You're not making any sense here. This has nothing to do with eating a damn dog, I'm not talking about consuming dog meat. A feeling of superiority to an animal wouldn't compel me to boil one alive, because what relevance does that have? Does that justify being a brute? I'd make sure it's dead first if I were hunting something like a dog, instead of boiling and skinning one alive while having a chortle about it with friends. I'd recognise the animal's howls of pain because I'm not a shit-tier person - I'm an empathetic one. It would bother me. And besides, I wouldn't call anyone who brutalises and tortures animals as greater, they'd be on the same level. If human beings are intellectually and morally superior, then they should know better.

What the hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with some egotistical superiority. The reason we test on animals is because they breed faster, are less expensive to feed and house and don't have the same legal rights as human beings.

The difference is that most Western countries have animal cruelty laws which prohibit that.

You're not making any sense here. This has nothing to do with eating a damn dog, I'm not talking about consuming dog meat. A feeling of superiority to an animal wouldn't compel me to boil one alive, because what relevance does that have? Does that justify being a brute? I'd make sure it's dead first if I were hunting something like a dog, instead of boiling and skinning one alive while having a chortle about it with friends. I'd recognise the animal's howls of pain because I'm not a shit-tier person - I'm an empathetic one. It would bother me. And besides, I wouldn't call anyone who brutalises and tortures animals as greater, they'd be on the same level. If human beings are intellectually and morally superior, then they should know better.

What the hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with some egotistical superiority. The reason we test on animals is because they breed faster, are less expensive to feed and house and don't have the same legal rights as human beings.

I agree. This is one of the most fucked up things ive ever seen. it makes me want to go Dexter on the people responsible

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Im not against eating anything that tastes good and wont cause me significant harm but boiling the dogs to death is pretty cruel.
    Its beyond cruel. Its inhumane. Its fucking evil. Anyone who can do that to a dog doesnt deserve to live.