Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The mob against the girl ? What she can possibly have done to this proud crowd ?
    First point. What they are doing is 100% wrong.

Second point. If you are the victim of a crime you go to the police, not Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Comedy is harder than it looks.
    Be careful, I told someone they were bad at jokes and was infracted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Second point. If you are the victim of a crime you go to the police, not Twitter.
    Really need to start teaching this to white girls.

Honestly though, she says she's been getting attacked and harassed for 3 years. I guess it's her prerogative to stay in Mexico despite that if she wants to, but I bloody wouldn't.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-03-16 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    This seems to be a random collection of words.

Cheesed soup relies on the whole of China to exterminate overly aggressive watchtower.
    HA!
    Looks like a bad lip reading demo.

The mob against the girl ? What she can possibly have done to this proud crowd ?
    Sorry but as much as that guy has done something terribly wrong, she has also done something terribly wrong by trying to incite mob justice.

They are both shitty things to do. Does she deserve getting death threats and rape threats? No, those people are assholes too.

So yeah... lots of assholes everywhere.

But two wrongs don't make a right.

To follow up on my earlier post, I know that she did go to the police, but took it into her own hands to release the footage in an attempt to catch the perpetrator.

That is why the police are there. Let them release the footage.

Don't be a social media detective.

There's a reason people pay taxes to fund a professional police force.

Worst case scenario? You are going to bring down a shitstorm on a person who looks like the criminal, but isn't. Even when that person is not charged, because they are a different person, it will not matter to everyone. Especially if the person who actually committed the crime cannot be found.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-03-16 at 09:44 PM.

You might notice that I just said that men sending those threats and pictures of their guns tends to paint a certain mental image.

I wonder what percentage of women who have received online rape threats have been raped. The actual number has to be like 1/100th of the normal rate of rape victimhood.

You might notice that I just said that men sending those threats and pictures of their guns tends to paint a certain mental image.
    Men with guns in Mexcio City paints a picture of men who are prepared to shoot you for spilling their drink.

That's why you leave this to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I wonder what percentage of women who have received online rape threats have been raped. The actual number has to be like 1/100th of the normal rate of rape victimhood.
    Still, actually threatening physical harm on somebody isn't protected as free speech, nor should it be.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Men with guns in Mexcio City paints a picture of men who are prepared to shoot you for spilling their drink.

That's why you leave this to the police.
    I really don't think that mexican cartels spend rape threat on twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    To take another analogy, sending pictures of your guns is almost as pathetic as sending pictures of...something else...and being ''invited'' to a show hosted by Chris Hansen.

Deleted
    An image of Mexican gangsters, yeah. That's why the claim that Mexico is viewed as "progressive" and so this level of violence is unexpected is just strange. It's a country well known for corruption, gang violence and human rights abuses, including suppressing journalists that speak out.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/201...hapters/mexico

Journalists, particularly those who report on crime or criticize officials, face harassment and attacks. According to the Special Prosecutor’s Office for Crimes against Freedom of Expression, between 2000 and May 2014, 102 journalists were killed, and 24 were disappeared—including 2 who were killed in 2014.

Authorities routinely fail to adequately investigate crimes against journalists, often preemptively ruling out their profession as a motive. As of May, the Special Prosecutor’s Office was conducting 555 investigations of crimes against journalists or media outlets, and had presented charges in 61 cases.

Journalists are often driven to self-censorship by attacks carried out both by government officials and by criminal groups
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-03-16 at 09:59 PM.

I really don't think that mexican cartels spend rape threat on twitter.
    I wouldn't 100% count on it though.

They've hardly been shown to have good attitudes towards women in the past.

It is a problem, but this just seems like a really dangerous way of combating that problem, that puts individuals at risk.

holy shit, one of those sharking videos that is actually real?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    holy shit, one of those sharking videos that is actually real?
    If it is that's aggravated sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If it is that's aggravated sexual assault.
    it is, yeah. kinda depends on who the person does it to.

if it's like me, and all they do is pull my pants down, i'd just be embarrassed but probably laugh it off. it's like shit people did in middle school. but not all people are as chill as me.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it is, yeah. kinda depends on who the person does it to.

if it's like me, and all they do is pull my pants down, i'd just be embarrassed but probably laugh it off. it's like shit people did in middle school. but not all people are as chill as me.
    Yeah well that's why the prosecution of such things is dependent on the victim pressing charges. If you know the person would find it amusing, then there's no reason it should lead to prosecution under bogus zero tolerance crap... but I mean..in this situation...if you don't know the person, and don't know how they'll react...don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Still, actually threatening physical harm on somebody isn't protected as free speech, nor should it be.
    Not arguing that it is, just wondering why we give a crap about it. If the threat comes with no increased level of risk then its not much of a threat.