Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I think red shirt guys looking into it far too much, Illidan's had quite a bit of hype and he's featured on the legion box, I've never known someone featured on the box to not play a big role, Illidan will be back. He's also got it wrong, Gul'dan didn't do shit to Illidan at black rook hold, neither of them were there on the alpha that's handled via Jarod and Maiev. Illidan was being kept in the vault of the warden's there's a little cutscene with Gul'dan and Cordana approaching Illidan in there.

Illidan also received a model update, I can't see him getting that treatment and not returning.
    Yeah I don't agree with him at all there in that speculation, it's pretty obvious that hes returning at some point. He later mentioned it aswell, all the media promo hes getting I mean.

I like that the book inadvertently shows how fucking stupid the BC storyline was. We stopped the arguably best chance at stopping gigantic chunks of the Legion for no actual reason other than Kazzak opened the Dark Portal and demons came through. So that meant somehow we had to go kill Illidan for reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I think red shirt guys looking into it far too much, Illidan's had quite a bit of hype and he's featured on the legion box, I've never known someone featured on the box to not play a big role, Illidan will be back. He's also got it wrong, Gul'dan didn't do shit to Illidan at black rook hold, neither of them were there on the alpha that's handled via Jarod and Maiev. Illidan was being kept in the vault of the warden's there's a little cutscene with Gul'dan and Cordana approaching Illidan in there.
    Gul'dan severing Illidan's soul already happened before the questing events of Val'Sharah when we go into BRH questing wise to save Maiev.

10+ Year Old Account
    My take is that he will get his actual body by 7.1, I think Gul'dan's fight area will have illidans body since he needed it for something.

What the hell is a 'Void Lord', so many people have been talking about how strong they are lately yet I have never even heard of them until today
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Chronicles and this book are making me question my loyalty....sargeras killed planets that defy him but let others live, like argus and nathreza, but illidan just made an entire species endangered, yeah they were manipulative but...Jesus Christ....I'm so conflicted!!
    demons killed billions of people in different universes

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    What the hell is a 'Void Lord', so many people have been talking about how strong they are lately yet I have never even heard of them until today
    Welcome to the bullshit "EVEN GREATER VILLAIN!" they just introduced in Chronicle.

The lore always implied there was something greater than the legion, since the beginning, just now they have a name.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Welcome to the bullshit "EVEN GREATER VILLAIN!" they just introduced in Chronicle.
    Greater than Sargeras?

Greater than Sargeras?
    Yes.

10char

Better yet, they retcon Sargeras' plan of destroying EVERYTHING into being some kind of "stand against the evil" of the Void Lords.

Yes.

10char

Better yet, they retcon Sargeras' plan of destroying EVERYTHING into being some kind of "stand against the evil" of the Void Lords.
    *very long worn out sigh*

*very long worn out sigh*
    Honestly it's not that bad. Pre-Chronicle he was just roaming the Universe destroying planets and shit purely out of angst. As if that was a better written character.

Now he's still fucking shit up but at least he has a reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Honestly it's not that bad. Pre-Chronicle he was just roaming the Universe destroying planets and shit purely out of angst. As if that was a better written character.

Now he's still fucking shit up but at least he has a reason for it.
    No, he wasn't doing it for no reason. He thought the Titan's vision of the world was flawed and the only true way it should exist is not at all.

It's fucking ridiculous that they spent DECADES of Warcraft lore talking about how unequivocally evil Sargeras and the Legion was only for them to pull some bullshit about "HE'S DOING IT FOR THE GREATER GOOD." Fuck that noise. That's some bullshit 10 year old child storytelling. Aka Metzen.

No, he wasn't doing it for no reason. He thought the Titan's vision of the world was flawed and the only true way it should exist is not at all.

It's fucking ridiculous that they spent DECADES of Warcraft lore talking about how unequivocally evil Sargeras and the Legion was only for them to pull some bullshit about "HE'S DOING IT FOR THE GREATER GOOD." Fuck that noise. That's some bullshit 10 year old child storytelling. Aka Metzen.
    But Sargeras isn't doing it for the greater good. If anything, Sargeras is only fucking himself over by trying to destroy Azeroth but is blinded by his ideology.

A "completed" Azeroth Titan is potentially powerful enough to take on the Void Lords themselves. Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth because Azeroth is a liability. But the Pantheon knew that if Azeroth could survive then the Universe has a chance against the Void Lords. But not if Sargeras gets his way.

The only thing bullshit here is people's ability to read.

But Sargeras isn't doing it for the greater good. If anything, Sargeras is only fucking himself over by trying to destroy Azeroth but is blinded by his ideology.
    Yes he is. He's doing it because he saw that if the Void Lords managed to get a world-soul, they'd be stronger than any of the Pantheon and would destroy everything.

The Chronicle even literally has a sentence where they say that Sargeras saw a destroyed universe was better than a universe ruled by the Void Lords.

He's seen as evil because he wants to kill everyone, but Chronicle straight up poises his actions as some misguided attempt to do stuff for the greater good.

A "completed" Azeroth Titan is potentially powerful enough to take on the Void Lords themselves. Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth because Azeroth is a liability. But the Pantheon knew that if Azeroth could survive then the Universe has a chance against the Void Lords. But not if Sargeras gets his way.

I think the funniest part of you going after people not being able to "read," is that you clearly missed the entire part where they spell out Sargears' logic in an elementary school fashion.

He doesn't want to let Azeroth grow into the full Titan it could become, because he didn't, you know, know where it was until the War of the Ancients. Not that Sargeras even wanted to do that. He was worried the Old Gods would have already been corrupting it and whatever other world-souls were out there. And guess fucking what? There were four Old Gods already entrenched on Azeroth before the Pantheon even found it. And who knows what other world-souls might be out there and if they have Old Gods on them either.

Not saying he's right, obviously, but you seem to be ignoring some obvious shit for some reason.

Good going. See? I can be passive aggressive too!
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-03-17 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Building some thoughts in my mind, and the layground for the Avatar being the last boss in Legion is really building. It reeks of Kil'jaeden being set to permantely die in Argus with the Illidari's help after Legion.
    The avatar was intentionally made weak by Sargeras in order to infect Aegwynn. It wouldn't even be worthy of being a dungeon boss much less raid boss.

Maybe they decided to create a new big bad because they were sick of using the colour green.

Hes destroying worlds and anihilating everything, hes evil, just because he has a reason doesnt make him less evil, it simply serves to make him relatable and interesting, and the void lords disturbed sargeras, they arent more powerful than him, they just represent ultimate destruction and a basic force that if unopposed will consume everything.

I swear your trying to hate the new lore, it didnt even change anything, sarg always turned evil because there was something he hated and wanted to wipe out, this just makes more sense. from what i understand, he originally went mad because of the nazrethium, now its because of the void lords, but the nazrethium were worshiping or dabbling with the void, so its both! its just a clarification, not a strict retcon.

Also we havent actually seen anything from sargerases point of view, we actually know sweet fuck all about him, we only really know what he is, what he does, what caused him to do it, other than that i wouldnt presume to know that his story is shit when it really hasnt even been revealed entirely.

Hes destroying worlds and anihilating everything, hes evil, just because he has a reason doesnt make him less evil, it simply serves to make him relatable and interesting, and the void lords disturbed sargeras, they arent more powerful than him, they just represent ultimate destruction and a basic force that if unopposed will consume everything.
    Except it does. I never said he wasn't still evil. I said they're giving him reasons to do so under some guise that he's doing it to save the universe from the EVEN BIGGER BAD.

I swear your trying to hate the new lore, it didnt even change anything, sarg always turned evil because there was something he hated and wanted to wipe out, this just makes more sense. from what i understand, he originally went mad because of the nazrethium, now its because of the void lords, but the nazrethium were worshiping or dabbling with the void, so its both! its just a clarification, not a strict retcon.
    I find it funny people can't accept the fact that some people find stupid shit stupid. This is literally the exact same argument people made to those of us who played in the first few waves of WoD and thought it was bad were told, "You just hate this new thing!" No. Having answers does not make something immediately new.

And yes, it definitely is a retcon. A retcon is simply a changing piece of information into something else. And that is what happened here. The Nathrezim weren't worshipping the Old Gods, they were merely engorging themselves in void energies. Which is what they do, absorb energies to empower themselves. So, no, it's not the same.

The new canon is that Sargeras didn't go insane because of Demons being evil. It's because he realized that the Void Lords are apparently so infinitely more powerful than anything else in the universe, on such incomprehensible scales even beyond the Titans, that if they successfully managed to "birth" a Titan corrupted with Void Energy, it would be unstoppable. That and the Pantheon wholly rejecting him and calling his actions in killing a world-soul barbaric.

Also we havent actually seen anything from sargerases point of view, we actually know sweet fuck all about him, we only really know what he is, what he does, what caused him to do it, other than that i wouldnt presume to know that his story is shit when it really hasnt even been revealed entirely.
    What are you talking about? We are given Sargeras' exact reasoning and logic for why he's doing what he's doing in Chronicle.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-03-17 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Ughghhg

The void lords arent a threat, they are kind of a big fat nothing at this point, sarg isnt afraid of them, he is afraid of what they can become, so he is anihilating world souls to make sure they can never become what he fears, which is a combination of titan + void lord

The void lords plan is to infect a world soul with old gods and corrupt it into their vessel, azeroth however should be powerful enough to repell whatever they have, sarg doesnt want to risk azeroth being corrupted seeming as though he already has old gods infecting him.

Basically, void lords are weak, but they have potential, sargeras is the most powerful entity still, he just fears that something else can appear to oppose him, so he wipes out all life.

He can still be seen as the big bad or an anti hero, he now has more than 1 dimension.

The void is just emptiness, its a concept that sargeras is afraid of, not the void lords themselves but rather the void, nothingness.

I think it should be pointed out that my problems with this isn't actually what it is NOW, but that everything was changed and homogenized.

If they went with this lore from the get go, it would have been fine. But they took all these quirky and unique concepts and just made them all "cuz Titans."