Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    You are just dumb and wrong all over the place, it's quite funny to read your posts. I guess I should expect that kind of thing from WoW fanboys.

Have you done any recent FFXIV bosses recently? I did the first round of expansion bosses and I can say that every single boss, even on the "normal" mode, had more mechanically to do than every mythic HFC boss minus Gore, Manno and Archi. The first, and only, savage boss I did had more than Gore and Manno in it, M:Archi was still ahead. I can only assume that the other 3 raid encounters of that "tier" could rival what Archi has because as someone who has done him, he isn't that hard.

Square realizes when it makes a sub par product and tries to fix it instead of milking people with sub par products, like Blizzard. How long does a product need to be out to meet your standards? Because with how expansions are to MMORPGs, the only length that matters is how long the xpac has been around, not the game.

I didn't say that didn't spend money on WoW. I said they didn't spend enough. I think anyone who has been playing the past few years can vouch that year+ long content droughts can easily be fixed by more money. Testing problems can be fixed by more money. Every problem this game has can be fixed by putting more profits back in to it and less in the pockets. The same can be said for almost every product out there though, so this isn't an exclusive Blizzard problem, but they can easily fix it.

Maybe, just MAYBE people switch mains between expansions. Narye on ZJ > Brunnorx on ZJ > Telepathy on Greymane > Sendaii on Greymane > Brunnor on Greymane. Brunnor was main from lanuch until Illidan, switched to Sendaii to tank from Illidan until LK, switched to my priest in ICC until the end of SoO and Narye since then. Every single one of them completed all content while current minus 2 bosses. Heroic Sha of fear(the one in ToES) and vanilla Kel'Thuzad(44% best pull). Can go back farther than that with other MMOs as well if you really want, but I figure that should be good enough to shut you up.
    Yay WoW fanboy.

I havn't even been subbed in the past year.

Again go circle jerk to FF14. You seem to think it's a comparable game when a breakdown of the mechanical aspects of fights proves otherwise. Also again. SMALL AS FUCK FF14 raids and 1/3 the mechanics per boss.

is FF14 a good MMO yes
    Does FF14 have good raids? Sure It might even be one of the best raiding MMOs on the market
    is FF14 at WoW level raid design at the highest level? not even close.

as for droughts

More classes
    More difficulty tuning and scaling
    increasing complexity
    add more and more systems every expansion

I know it's hard to comprehend for people like you but tuning 4 + difficulties, Tuning 37 very different class specs, CM Tiered dungeon progression, Reworking honor 3.0, Adding Class halls AKA Garrison 2.0 but with a more postivie experience, Pet battle design ect.

All these features added in expansions don't take 0 development time. They pile on top of each other. To make the same dungeon now that they did in BC takes roughly 5X the effort based on their Quality standards.

as for WoDs lack of content people endlessly cry about. All hands have been on deck for legion. Both expansions were worked on the same time FIRST TIME EVER. with the 50% dev team increase. Protip 50%+ doesnt mean MORE content. infract with 2 being worked on side by side if it's equally split it means LESS focus on the current expansion.

One look at the effort and massive desiign, over hauls, and quality systems changes coming to legion is proof enough WHY WoD had little. It's a tremendous fucking expansion. The games core systems are getting reworked so throughly that it is going to play like a different MMO for quite a large emount of the playerbase.

But yes they do nothing, they dont spend enough money blah blah blah

Look at all the effort going at Legion and I call bullshit on your biased ignorance.

I'm so out of loop with shit I was looking at fucking char kills and not achieve dates. Ok you did it. And you're still saying with a straight face blizzard should not use PTR Raid testing?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-03-27 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    You are just dumb and wrong all over the place, it's quite funny to read your posts. I guess I should expect that kind of thing from WoW fanboys.

Have you done any recent FFXIV bosses recently? I did the first round of expansion bosses and I can say that every single boss, even on the "normal" mode, had more mechanically to do than every mythic HFC boss minus Gore, Manno and Archi. The first, and only, savage boss I did had more than Gore and Manno in it, M:Archi was still ahead. I can only assume that the other 3 raid encounters of that "tier" could rival what Archi has because as someone who has done him, he isn't that hard.

Square realizes when it makes a sub par product and tries to fix it instead of milking people with sub par products, like Blizzard. How long does a product need to be out to meet your standards? Because with how expansions are to MMORPGs, the only length that matters is how long the xpac has been around, not the game.

I didn't say that didn't spend money on WoW. I said they didn't spend enough. I think anyone who has been playing the past few years can vouch that year+ long content droughts can easily be fixed by more money. Testing problems can be fixed by more money. Every problem this game has can be fixed by putting more profits back in to it and less in the pockets. The same can be said for almost every product out there though, so this isn't an exclusive Blizzard problem, but they can easily fix it.

Maybe, just MAYBE people switch mains between expansions. Narye on ZJ > Brunnorx on ZJ > Telepathy on Greymane > Sendaii on Greymane > Brunnor on Greymane. Brunnor was main from lanuch until Illidan, switched to Sendaii to tank from Illidan until LK, switched to my priest in ICC until the end of SoO and Narye since then. Every single one of them completed all content while current minus 2 bosses. Heroic Sha of fear(the one in ToES) and vanilla Kel'Thuzad(44% best pull). Can go back farther than that with other MMOs as well if you really want, but I figure that should be good enough to shut you up.
    Oh do stop trying to oversell the raids. Midas normal is easy as hell. More easy mechanics doesn't mean harder in any way. Every mechanic in the current normal raids are easy to deal with. The only time there is a small presence of challenge is in the final floor of the current one. Normal raids are tuned for casuals end of. Savage mode is midcore/hardcore.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-03-27 at 02:09 AM.

The only people who complain about raids being cleared too quickly are those who can't grasp the concept that just because Method cleared the raid in three weeks doesn't mean most guilds cleared it in three weeks. Hell it took four months for even 100 US guilds to clear Mythic HFC.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory