Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Silent Hill 2 and or 3. Mostly 2.

That would be grand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I got the game at the time of its release and I disagree.

I'm a huge fan of sprites but cel-shaded polygons are far superior for JRPGs and having Chrono Trigger remade in a similar style of Dragon Quest VIII, Heroes, and XI would be sublime. Music can be much improved as well because the SNES (I liked the Genesis synthesizer more tbh) sounded like a muffled piece of shit to me outside of a few notable exceptions.
    But...but my nostalgia!

Naw, I kid.

Those are all valid reasons. I personally love 8 and 18 bit sprites and old chip tune music. They could still make chip tune music but improve the fidelity, sort of like how Shovel Knight did it. The number of musical "instrument" lines combined with th game sound effects is far beyond what the NES or even SNES were capable of due to memory restrictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I've been replaying Dragon Age: Origins and I forgot just how amazing that game was. I got a mod that applies HD retexturing so it looks a lot better but a remaster in current gen would be amazing. Keep the same combat system as well with the more tactical approach(maybe clean up some of the clunkier parts).
    I hear that. Even with the mods, DAO is a pretty ugly game. The animations are pretty atrocious. If they they remastered it in the same engine and graphics quality they used for DAI it would sell like hot cakes. It's pretty amazing how bad the game looks, considering it's not even 7 years old yet. Mass effect 1 doesn't look much worse than DAO, and that game is even older. I think scifi games have it easier, as there are less natural things to texture, due to the futuristic aesthetic.

Interstate 76. Keep the OST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    But...but my nostalgia!

Naw, I kid.

Those are all valid reasons. I personally love 8 and 18 bit sprites and old chip tune music. They could still make chip tune music but improve the fidelity, sort of like how Shovel Knight did it. The number of musical "instrument" lines combined with th game sound effects is far beyond what the NES or even SNES were capable of due to memory restrictions.
    Indeed, Shovel Knight is a masterpiece!

Also, don't get me wrong, I still love sprites just Toriyama's artstyle isn't great for squashed chibi sprites is all. :P

Now Cosmic Star Heroine uses the same style as Chrono Trigger and looks awesome IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKE8FvMky0
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!