Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Since it seems the majority is saying they don't look good after being upscaled from one handers, do you guys think Blizzard will even fix that? After looking at it, it really does make it look cartoony. I'll tweet at them, they've answered a few of mine in the past so hopefully we'll see what they say about the weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    "That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough. It was more like a large hunk of Iron."

I love the fury swords and really can't wait to get my hands on some of the skins further down the line! However my tastes are kind of impractical. I would take Apocalypse/Zin'rokh size swords any day over anything practical. If you offered me Organics/Ultima weapon from FF7 I'd take them in a heart beat.

But that's just like...my opinion, man.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bethrezen View Post
    "that thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough. It was more like a large hunk of iron."
    guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts!

Deleted
    New animations are top notch. Bladestorm is not that good with the swirly cartboard swords but WW looks amazing.

For the artifact...

They are garbage and after some complains, they turned them to oversized garbage. They looks exactly like a weapon, I would pick for battle I want to be killed in. The prot sword actually looks like a sword not like some spiky metal plate in a stick. I hope for fury artifact skin that resembles sword a bit or actually an axe/hammer (most of artifact got aditional skin, maybe fury one is on the way)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts!
    You mean *engrish* GRIIIIIIIIIIFIIIIISSSS

Did Guts ever even get his revenge? Ontopic we need a Dragonslayer arms legendary pronto.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Since it seems the majority is saying they don't look good after being upscaled from one handers, do you guys think Blizzard will even fix that? After looking at it, it really does make it look cartoony. I'll tweet at them, they've answered a few of mine in the past so hopefully we'll see what they say about the weapons.
    I don't know where you get this majority from. I think they look much better, and many of the players I've spoken to feel the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just leave this here for yall:

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

I don't know where you get this majority from. I think they look much better, and many of the players I've spoken to feel the same.

- - - Updated - - -

This gif leaves me no choice, but to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

Woah wait, is that a new Bladestorm animation?

Not really digging the color tbh. Gives it a paladin-vibe
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry didn't specify, by majority I meant everyone I've been asking (blizz forums, here, etc) but that's nowhere near a balanced poll so I didn't say anything. I personally like them myself as I said before, specifically the one from completing the campaign quest. And if that's the new bladestorm animation, that's fantastic. Definitely better than the cardboard swords spinning around. Not bad at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Really? That's an interesting opinion, yellow flashy light or aura's usually strike me as paladin stuff, that has a similar color to the new whirlwind.

That gif is a bit more red due to the environment, but it is pretty yellow and blue on a more neutral background. That said, it doesn't bother me, I think it looks really similar Whirlwind, which it should in my opinion.

That gif is a bit more red due to the environment, but it is pretty yellow and blue on a more neutral background. That said, it doesn't bother me, I think it looks really similar Whirlwind, which it should in my opinion.
    Looks a thousand times better than that horseshit with the toy swords! Thanks for posting that.

But yellow streaks on a red background are the colors of a hero!

Joke aside this is what it looks like against a darker background:
    Last edited by Calith-; 2016-03-18 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    That´s funny. Seems like a case of "can´t make it good for everyone". I remember, that during Vanilla the motion was, that most weapons except those aquired by hardcore raiding looked to bland. BC introduced fancy and shiny weapons, even during the leveling process or for dungeon blues. The general motion then was, that they were too cartoony, colorful. They tried a less broad palette of colors with wotlk, more spikes and edges, fitting the rough theme of northrend. Suddenly the main concern were the spikes and the 10 shades of brown they used. Also, a lot of weapons had that frosty Lichking glow to it.
    I thought the consensus was that they hit a pretty good spot with the raids weapons in Vanilla? Remember seeing a "best 2-hander" thread a little while ago, and Ashkandi and Untamed Blade was easily the two most mentioned. Zin'Rokh was heavily featured as well. Obsidian Edged Blade was up there.

I mean, imagine Fury warriors running around with updated Ashkandi and Untamed Blade, or at least two blades of similar design. They were huge enough to be awe-inspirig, with design that impressed without being cartoonish, yet actually looked real enough to be considered swords.

Paladins and Death Knights can have shiny, flowy, particle-heavy magical weapons. Warriors should use raw steel with some ornaments.

That bladestorm is much better than the plastic sword dance we had before.

Ashkandi cannot, in any way, be considered realistic. Nor UTB, or most of our favorite weapons. Dwayne Johnson would struggle to hold ashkandi, forget swinging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Ashkandi cannot, in any way, be considered realistic. Nor UTB, or most of our favorite weapons. Dwayne Johnson would struggle to hold ashkandi, forget swinging it.
    Welcome to every fantasy genre ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Weapons can have a touch of fantasy though and still look somewhat like an actual weapon. UTB is an example of this imo.

Practicality aside though something else which has recently hit me, do warriors not know how to sharpen blades? why do most have chunks out the edges? Resembles more a broken weapon than a legendary one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Weapons can have a touch of fantasy though and still look somewhat like an actual weapon. UTB is an example of this imo.

Practicality aside though something else which has recently hit me, do warriors not know how to sharpen blades? why do most have chunks out the edges? Resembles more a broken weapon than a legendary one.
    More battle-wear than anything, I'd guess. We take care of our gear, but there's only so much we can do when fighting an endless tide of demons. All of the artifacts specifically (and likely many of the weapons we take in raids) are old weapons, so it would be like bearing the honor scars of battle gained over the millennia of their use.

I think it looks cool - certainly not practical in real life, but it gives them a weathered look that says, "This chick's a tough, battle-hardened bitch, don't fuck with her," which I like when I look at my toon.