Enforcer gem Damage reduction

I'm currently gearing up my marauder set on my DH and figured the enforcer gem would be good to use because pets. Now my question is how important is that damage reduction at rank 25? I've never noticed my pets dieing but it's also hard to notice during chaotic battles.

It's useful at high levels, though Enforcer is not that good since the damage is a) additive (thus scales really bad) and b) affects pets only while most of your damage is done by your spender and spenders shoot by your sentries.

Tbh, i'd avoid the gem completely until next patch. The damage will be changed to multiplicative, hence way better than now; given also the buffs/changes to the set, it may become a viable options though i find it hard to fight against CA/Manticore setup.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I do notice my gargs and dogs sometimes dying, but only in 70+ grifts. What kills them most commonly though is environment stuff like traps, not actual mob damage. In any case 25% reduction is nothing. Next patch though the gem will scale properly and make pets pretty much immortal, which will probably come in handy as we will be pushing much higher grifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I do notice my gargs and dogs sometimes dying, but only in 70+ grifts. What kills them most commonly though is environment stuff like traps, not actual mob damage. In any case 25% reduction is nothing. Next patch though the gem will scale properly and make pets pretty much immortal, which will probably come in handy as we will be pushing much higher grifts.
    So proper pet focused builds with pet focused gear

EDIT: due to the changes to SS and other things going fully multiplicative, i'm going to try this when the patch hits.
    http://www.d3planner.com/334729902
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.