Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] What is your biggest guilty pleasure movie?

Mine's Battlefield Earth. Absolutely atrocious movie in almost every regard, but I just can't get enough of John Travolta's deliciously corny evil laughing.

"While you were still learning to spell your name, I was being trained to conquer galaxies!"

10+ Year Old Account

I have nothing to add.

I actually enjoyed those Kevin Costner movies that got bad reviews like Waterworld and Postman. I am kind of a sucker for anything in a post-apocalyptic setting and am not really a huge movie critic in general, so maybe that's why.

Also Armageddon.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I don't care what people say I had a lot of fun with that movie.

Pootie tang

Louis CK wrote the original script
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-03-17 at 03:38 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch rom coms with no depth and meaning. I find them highly entertaining if they're not too cringey.

I like Amanda Bynes movies. And Friends With Benefits. And that Ryan Gosling one with Emma Stone and Steve Carell.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Personally I liked Water World; which a lot of people did not care for apparently but for me I did not think it was all that terrible and rather enjoyable.

Also Wild Wild West I enjoyed as well.

Last edited by Sodka; 2016-03-17 at 03:54 PM.

Van Helsing, not a good movie at all but man will I watch it every time it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    Van Helsing, not a good movie at all but man will I watch it every time it's on.
    I liked Van Helsing too. Also, I thought that one vampire chick in the movie was even hotter than Kate Beckinsale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I liked Van Helsing too. Also, I thought that one vampire chick in the movie was even hotter than Kate Beckinsale.

Agreed, plus even though they are 100% CGI, I felt the werewolves in that movie were spot on to what I always imagined them to be.

Deleted
    I think this is my biggest guilty pleasure. Can't remember another movie i am ashamed of enjoying but i'm sure there is more

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-03-17 at 05:17 PM.

Mindless comedies like Grown ups, Grown ups 2 when Kevin James pulls out the inflatable raft from his pants yelling "Like a raft out of hell" almost killed me, i seriously could not breathe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    Agreed, plus even though they are 100% CGI, I felt the werewolves in that movie were spot on to what I always imagined them to be.
    I totally agree - Van Helsing is one of those films that really merited many many sequels and never got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodka View Post
    Also Wild Wild West I enjoyed as well.

I'll never understand why that movie is so lowly rated by so many people. Quirky and fun characters, Q-esque inventions including a whole train, set in a fascinating and charming era, a giant mechanospider that shoots fireballs, transgender disguises with best fake breast-discussions and homoerotic jokes, and a fucking badass cripple as the main villain. You'll never see a cripple being a badass villain in todays movies, I bet today they can only be portrayed as heroes and extremely strong willed people that can overcome any challenge easy as nothing.

Continuing from there, I also really enjoyed Hancock. People often forget about it when they talk superhero movies, but it was a really different take on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I'll never understand why that movie is so lowly rated by so many people. Quirky and fun characters, Q-esque inventions including a whole train, set in a fascinating and charming era, a giant mechanospider that shoots fireballs, transgender disguises with best fake breast-discussions and homoerotic jokes, and a fucking badass cripple as the main villain. You'll never see a cripple being a badass villain in todays movies, I bet today they can only be portrayed as heroes and extremely strong willed people that can overcome any challenge easy as nothing.

Continuing from there, I also really enjoyed Hancock. People often forget about it when they talk superhero movies, but it was a really different take on one.
    I was the same way in wondering why so many people did not like this movie; Granted it was not a great movie but it wasn't a terrible movie either. Hancock was a good movie also i thought. It was from a different aspect of a Super-Hero and went into how someone with amazing powers can still fall down in so many different ways; which I thought was well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post

I have nothing to add.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Gummo.

I want to thank Dax Riggs and his old band Agents of Oblivion for using a clip from this movie in their album and making me go seek it out so I could marvel at the WTClusterfuck of it all.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post

I have nothing to add.
    I had no idea there was a street fighter movie, I really need to see this!