Thread: Defiance

Defiance

I started playing Defiance recently with a friend from highschool. Im having a great time so far casually roaming around killing enemies and looking for gear upgrades. It is repetitive but hey its free to play and Im having loads more fun doing PVE in it and leveling up than I have playing a game like Wow in a long time.

Really surprised me. I usually try one of these f2p mmo games and it takes just 1 hour or less to decide that it was a waste of a download. I have played defiance 11 hours so far.

my first time playing it in 2016 I had seen the early bad reviews but now its listed on steam as mostly positive reviews. The old launcher problems have long since fixed. I have only encountered 1 technical issue that is nothing more than a minor annoyance of having to reset my desired resolution for the game each time its launched.

The game's perhaps biggest sin is how ugly it is. By default there is no AA and anistropic options I had to force those on in my crimson software. The game's only visual options are gamma, shadows on/off bloom on/off and Resolution. The audio could be better as well if you leave your ambient sound high all you will frequently hear is loud obnoxious bird chirping.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2016-04-16 at 08:53 PM.

I recently tried it aswell, but quit after about an hour. I just could not get past how horrible it looks graphically. I don't really care about graphics if the game is good/amazing, but Defiance wasn't. And before someone tells me I can't judge a game within the first hour, I personally think you're wrong. If a game can't have me interested the slightest within an hour, they've failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, one of that games biggest faults is how ugly it is. Ruins the whole experience.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Daystone View Post
    I recently tried it aswell, but quit after about an hour. I just could not get past how horrible it looks graphically. I don't really care about graphics if the game is good/amazing, but Defiance wasn't. And before someone tells me I can't judge a game within the first hour, I personally think you're wrong. If a game can't have me interested the slightest within an hour, they've failed.
    i totally agree if it doesnt grab you within the first sixty minutes its probably not meant to be.

yeah, from the premise that earth is semi-terraformed into alien habitats, you'd think they'd be able to make some *attractive* areas...

instead everything just kinda looks... blah.

the elements from Rift were well done, and worked well for a shooter. i played a bit of it at launch, but then tired of it quickly.

from what i remember, the pvp wasn't that bad, but not as good as a dedicated shooter, either. i dont think i even enjoyed it as much as the pvp in rift, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a megathread on this game, this one might get locked.