Thread: Sargeras' Size

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Do they stay... worlds? Are they literally planets?

Or do arms and legs fold out like Unicron?
    They are literally humanoid planets, with geography and mountains and climates and possibly even inhabitants.

10+ Year Old Account
    He can change his size otherwise he would not have fit in the portal created with the Well of Eternity during the War of the Ancients.

Its a very simple magic it would be easy for a Titan of Sargeras' power.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guy's big, can make himself bigger from what I hear. Expect him to be big as fuck, his avatar might not be however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Sargeras creates Avatars for himself, which are Titan Watchers of his own creation. Titans cant simply walk on planets I dont think. He has to put his soul in a watcher to manifest on planets. When that incident in Chronicle happened to the Titans, they were most likely all in Watcher bodies.
    That would be some serious retcon right there. So what happened? Did we kill them? Did they lose their memories? Because if that's the case then surely we've met them. Maybe in Ulduar?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Brox did a scratch, wouldn't call it an injury. A paper cut.
    Dunno about you, but a paper cut still stings...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    They are literally humanoid planets, with geography and mountains and climates and possibly even inhabitants.
    No wonder Sargeras is taking so long to get here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So wait, when Aman'thul squeezed Y'shaarj like a pimple, he dipped a couple of villages that were on his fingers deep in old god flesh?
    Hmm, I wonder what it's like living up on Eonar.

Those pics are massive, i'd need like 3 more monitors to maybe have a chance at seeing the whole thing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There is a song about Jesus that says "He holds the whole world in his hand" - so my picture just isn't art?
    Except Jesus and the bible are myths at best. Chronicles should be considered how things REALLY happened

He's a good size.

He can and does change his size, no one truly knows how big his true form is... well, I guess Metzen and other lore writers do, being an ex-Titan though I'd imagine he'd be on the large side regardless.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That would be some serious retcon right there. So what happened? Did we kill them? Did they lose their memories? Because if that's the case then surely we've met them. Maybe in Ulduar?

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno about you, but a paper cut still stings...
    Spoilers

The souls of the titans are with the watchers or are dead. Sargeras isnt in his real body either I dont think, but he's not dead.

What interest would a being the size of a planet have in a planet the size of azeroth anyway? That would be like an elephant being hell bent on invading an ant colony.

I think 'real' Sargeras is the planet sized Titan with mountains for skin etc, while the 'normal' sized Sargeras that we see is simply the Avatar of Sargeras.

Which would mean that Broxigar did battle with the Avatar of Sargeras instead of real Sargeras.

Which makes sense because Broxigar dealing damage to Sargeras' shins doesn't make sense if Sargeras is planet sized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    What interest would a being the size of a planet have in a planet the size of azeroth anyway? That would be like an elephant being hell bent on invading an ant colony.
    Because if the Void Lords get their hands on it, then they can create a super evil Dark Titan who is the size of a planet and realistically there isn't anything that could beat it. Maybe Sargeras could 1v1 it at the cosmic level but why let that happen? Which is essentially Sargeras' motivation for creating the Burning Legion.

Titans can't change their size. It's the entire reason they created the Keepers and Titan-forged races to shape Azeroth. They stayed in orbit, but were afraid to interact with Azeroth directly because of the damaging effect it could have on Azeroth given their size. That's in the book. They only acted directly to rip out Y'shaarj when their creations failed to kill him. (Which turned out to be disastrous).

If they could shrink their size, they wouldn't need the Keepers to do their world-shaping while they watched from orbit.

It's confirmed Sargeras creates Avatars of himself, with a portion of his will and power. Some demons can shrink grow their size, but nowhere is it said that Sargeras can change his, now that he is a demon. It's not impossible, but it's certainly not stated.

When we're describing "small" steel-skinned forms of Sargeras, we're dealing with Avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Titans can't change their size. It's the entire reason they created the Keepers and Titan-forged races to shape Azeroth. They stayed in orbit, but were afraid to interact with Azeroth directly because of the damaging effect it could have on Azeroth given their size. That's in the book. They only acted directly to rip out Y'shaarj when their creations failed to kill him. (Which turned out to be disastrous).

If they could shrink their size, they wouldn't need the Keepers to do their world-shaping while they watched from orbit.

It's confirmed Sargeras creates Avatars of himself, with a portion of his will and power. Some demons can shrink grow their size, but nowhere is it said that Sargeras can change his, now that he is a demon. It's not impossible, but it's certainly not stated.

When we're describing "small" steel-skinned forms of Sargeras, we're dealing with Avatars.
    Might not be true.

Aggramar only worried that they would damage or even kill Azeroth's world-soul because of their colossal form. No where was it stated that they can't change size. It'd mean, definitely, that they can't change to a much smaller form - for example, Keeper-sized. However, as I pointed out, it might still means that they can change size to a certain extent (i.e: to continent sized or mountain sized beings) - at least, there isn't anything that say this theory is wrong yet (yes, it's a theory, and remains a theory for now). There are evidences suggest they *should* be able to change their sizes, so I wouldn't say that there is 100% no reason to believe they could.

Otherwise, Sargeras emerging from the portal on top of the WoE would make no sense. No matter how massive the portal was, I doubt it was big enough for a planet sized being to cross. And yes, that's Sargeras, as stated in the book, not his avatar.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-03-18 at 07:54 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

As others have already said he can change his size depending on what he's currently doing.

When he tears planets apart he takes on his celestial form but when it's buddy meet-up with Archimonde/Kil'jaeden he shrinks himself so he can drink a beer or two with his comrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    As others have already said he can change his size depending on what he's currently doing.

When he tears planets apart he takes on his celestial form but when it's buddy meet-up with Archimonde/Kil'jaeden he shrinks himself so he can drink a beer or two with his comrades.
    Is there any evidence of Sargeras being able change his size? Chronicle says that the Titans had to create Watchers to go down to Azeroth because they themselves were so big that they could only observe from orbit.

So one would assume Sargeras also has to interact through an Avatar to be 'normal' sized.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for him to drop his pants, after killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Is there any evidence of Sargeras being able change his size? Chronicle says that the Titans had to create Watchers to go down to Azeroth because they themselves were so big that they could only observe from orbit.

So one would assume Sargeras also has to interact through an Avatar to be 'normal' sized.
    Look at pictures from OP? Both pictures are taken from the Chronicles. One represents Sargeras cleaving a planet in half while on the other he's marching alongside his demon army (Felhounds and Pit Lords are even on the picture for comparison). Based on that we can assume he can change his size.

inb4 in-game sizes doesn't matter, just watch the Warlords cinematic and use Mannoroth as a starting point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Either the Pantheon's meeting in space occurred in the vicinity of Nihilam (which got smoked pretty righteously by Sargeras' Fel storm), or they met on the planet as Avatars of their true forms and Sargeras smoked the planet with them on it and the devastation got translated back to their true forms somehow. Maybe a mix of either of those scenarios.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead