Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    this.

i walk by people speaking all different languages every day, some i understand, most i dont but i dont give a shit if theyre sitting theyre speaking a language they made up or a real one i dont understand as long as they arent talking to me. if they were talking to me id be like hold up homie speak a language i know or gtfo but since they arent, they arent bothering me at all.
    The one time I ever got upset at spanish speakers was the time in Waukegan I went into Dunkin Donuts and wanted to order something. I don't even remember what; it's about about 10 years. Neither the guy behind the counter nor his manager spoke English well enough to communicate. Pissed me off. At least, if you're going to be in a forward-facing customer-service position you should be fluent in the languages of your clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by hazol View Post
    I though English was the official language ? Since majority speak it, no?
    No. We have no official language.

Deleted
    another fun thread of this guy

*grabs popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We don't have an official language here in the United States. People have the right to speak as they want, and in areas with larger ethnic diversity you will see signs helping people of multiple languages and people speaking in other languages. If you truly have a problem with it, move somewhere else.
    And that's why emperor trump is going to el deporto them. I have 0 sympathy for anyone that refuses to learn the language

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Looks like you've got mixed up on nationality/culture and race. The two are not related.
    I know, just kidding

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look

another slim thread

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    They should really make a LFR version of Zul Gurub or ZulAman.
    What ilvl would the loot be? And could you get a bear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance I have to practise Spanish, I take.

Besides, you have no right to others conversation. Also, the Southwest and Texas has had large Hispanic communities since before becoming states so if anything, Spanish is as natural and expected as English here.

Deleted
    The one time I ever got upset at spanish speakers was the time in Waukegan I went into Dunkin Donuts and wanted to order something. I don't even remember what; it's about about 10 years. Neither the guy behind the counter nor his manager spoke English well enough to communicate. Pissed me off. At least, if you're going to be in a forward-facing customer-service position you should be fluent in the languages of your clientele.

No. We have no official language.

You do agree with me that majority of Americans speak English, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Thats a tad ironic when you consider Americans speak an annoying dialect that exists almost to just be an inconvenience for everyone.
    It's weird when people try to talk shit about "the American dialect" as if there's only one.

Are you... are you a Poe? I think you're a poe.

We don't have an official language here in the United States. People have the right to speak as they want, and in areas with larger ethnic diversity you will see signs helping people of multiple languages and people speaking in other languages. If you truly have a problem with it, move somewhere else.
    Exactly, unless we have an official language OP really has no basis to make this complaint. Even if we did have an official language who really cares? An official language, as far as I know, would only effect legal proceedings and documents, you would still be able to speak in whatever language you wanted without getting in trouble.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    but but but

what if you're talking shit about him? that's all anyone would want to know another language for anyway!
    Heh, more likely I'm saying something like "ya has probado este cerveza?" Have you already tried that beer?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

We don't have an official language here in the United States.
    Official language is the language used for paper work and official documents. It does not limit individuals on speaking their mother tongue. And as for the OP, not sure if trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    English is the language most people use here in america. If they're unwilling to learn it here then can't say very few people will not help them when they can't understand what they're saying. If you want people to help you atleast say something they will understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Oh look

another slim thread
    Hahah thats rich coming from you Genn . "The thread critic" haha

yeah i can see being mad about that, id be pissed if something was preventing me from getting donuts as well :P

luckily i speak most of the more common languages in murica, spanish and english is basically a requirement for my job

10+ Year Old Account
    Would Klingon offend you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zebreck View Post
    Are you... are you a Poe? I think you're a poe.

path of exile? wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hazol View Post
    Hahah thats rich coming from you Genn . "The thread critic" haha
    the Irony is not lost on me, but i like to keep some variety

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    English is the language most people use here in america. If they're unwilling to learn it here then can't say very few people will not help them when they can't understand what they're saying.
    Just because I speak Spanish doesn't mean I don't also speak English.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!