Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    Why would Sargeras ever fear the Lich King? in worst case he would just cleave the entire planet killing everything on it. It's like comparing a t-rex to an ant.
    It said it in the good book and don't forget no death goes without the Lich King's say since he is the true god of death. So when Sargeras killed the Pantheon, it was because the Lich King allowed their deaths to happen. Except in this case the ant won't die no matter how many times the T Rex stomps on it while the ant can kill the T Rex after just one bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Not to mention it was created by Kill'jaeden, who is quite a lot weaker compared to Sargeras..

I'm sure Sargeras can strip the LK essence and consume it's power if he wanted to.
    Sargeras is stronger than Kil'jaeden, we all know that but what does that have to do with the Lich King being weaker than Sargeras? Kil'jaeden created a monster that went infinitely beyond what he and Sargeras could ever hope to imagine and now they both fear the Lich King. Sargeras cannot strip his powers, its more like the other way around where the Lich King can either enthrall him and turn him into a undead slave or one shot soul kill him with Frostmourne, or swarm him with infinite undead dragons, take your pick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    It said it in the good book and don't forget no death goes without the Lich King's say since he is the true god of death. So when Sargeras killed the Pantheon, it was because the Lich King allowed their deaths to happen. Except in this case the ant won't die no matter how many times the T Rex stomps on it while the ant can kill the T Rex after just one bite.
    It doesn't say it in the chronicles book. So you are making it up.

Sargeras is stronger than Kil'jaeden, we all know that but what does that have to do with the Lich King being weaker than Sargeras? Kil'jaeden created a monster that went infinitely beyond what he and Sargeras could ever hope to imagine and now they both fear the Lich King. Sargeras cannot strip his powers, its more like the other way around where the Lich King can either enthrall him and turn him into a undead slave or one shot soul kill him with Frostmourne, or swarm him with infinite undead dragons, take your pick.
    Yeah no Sargeras would annhilate the LK. Sargeras is nearly the size of a planet. Lich King is an ant, it would get annihilated just as easily.

Yeah no Sargeras would annhilate the LK. Sargeras is nearly the size of a planet. Lich King is an ant, it would get annihilated just as easily.
    Sargeras can cause a supernova for all that matters and it would do zero damage to the Lich King without the Holy power of the Pure light. Lich King would amuse himself with Sargeras until he gets bored and one shots him just like how he did to us (without effort). There is no way Sargeras can win no matter how you twist it. I'll give you examples.

Sargeras managed to sneak pass the Undead Army and goes 1v1 with the Lich King = Lich King toying with him until he decides to one shot Sargeras and turn him undead = Lich king wins.

Sargeras decide to send trillions of demons to fight the Scourge= the scourge killing them and turning trillions of demons into undead, further boosting the lich king's scourge army = Lich King wins again.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Sargeras can cause a supernova for all that matters and it would do zero damage to the Lich King without the Holy power of the Pure light. Lich King would amuse himself with Sargeras until he gets bored and one shots him just like how he did to us (without effort). There is no way Sargeras can wait no matter how you twist it. I'll give you examples.

Sargeras managed to sneak pass the Undead Army and goes 1v1 with the Lich King = Lich King toying with him until he decides to one shot Sargeras and turn him undead = Lich king wins.

Sargeras decide to send trillions of demons to fight the Scourge= the scourge killing them and turning trillions of demons into undead, further boosting the lich king's scourge army = Lich King wins again.
    The headcanon hurts so much, you honestly cant believe the shit you post.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Sargeras can cause a supernova for all that matters and it would do zero damage to the Lich King without the Holy power of the Pure light. Lich King would amuse himself with Sargeras until he gets bored and one shots him just like how he did to us (without effort). There is no way Sargeras can win no matter how you twist it. I'll give you examples.

lol, just no. When Sargeras gets to Azeroth everything on and inside of Azeroth will be stardust, including the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The headcanon hurts so much, you honestly cant believe the shit you post.
    Its not headcanon if its facts.

Lich King>>>>Old Gods>Void Lords>Kil'jaedens>Deathwings
    Lich King>>>>Void Lords>Sargeras>Kil'jaedens>Old Gods

Lich King eventually wins, he turns everything that dies into undead and everything dies and decays. The Lich King cannot be destroyed, only the host can be defeated through holy divine help from the strongest light powers.
    Last edited by The Professional; 2016-03-20 at 06:12 PM.

lol, just no. When Sargeras gets to Azeroth everything on and inside of Azeroth will be stardust, including the Lich King.
    Stop replying to him, He is clearly just baiting you and you are buying it.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm confused as to the size of Sargeras. In some depictions in the book the titans are world sized (IE Aman'Thul reaching through the skies to grab Y'shaaj) and yet in a lot of the artwork Sargeras is much much smaller. (still comparatively huge compared to anything else around him though) One piece of artwork from the book seemingly puts him only ever so slightly bigger than a pitlord.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its not headcanon if its facts.

Lich King>>>>Old Gods>Void Lords>Kil'jaedens>Deathwings
    Lich King>>>>Void Lords>Sargeras>Kil'jaedens>Old Gods

Lich King eventually wins, he turns everything that dies into undead and everything dies and decays. The Lich King cannot be destroyed, only the host can be defeated through holy divine help from the strongest light powers.
    Ok man, awesome, thanks for filling us in on all these secret unknown facts.

Bye bye now.

You are trolling. First, you blatantly lie and say the book said Sargeras fears the Lich King which it never did. The Lich King isn't significant enough to register on Sargeras' radar, nor are the whole Alliance and Horde for that matter. Sargeras is a planet sized being who can and has destroyed entire planets with a swing of his sword. The Alliance, Horde, Scourge, etc, are not a threat to him.

Even the Old Gods don't frighten Sargeras. The only thing he really fears is a being more powerful than himself...and right now in the Warcraft universe, there isn't one. Sargeras IS the single most powerful entity. However, Sargeras knows that the corruption of a world soul could result in a being even more powerful (a void or dark Titan) that would consume the universe. All of Sargeras' actions are pre-empting this from happening, by wanting to destroy any world souls he finds.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Ok man, awesome, thanks for filling us in on all these secret unknown facts.

Bye bye now.
    No problem, always glad to help out newcomers whos just getting into the Lore. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me and i can share more lore infos with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethenor View Post
    You are trolling. First, you blatantly lie and say the book said Sargeras fears the Lich King which it never did. The Lich King isn't significant enough to register on Sargeras' radar, nor are the whole Alliance and Horde for that matter. Sargeras is a planet sized being who can and has destroyed entire planets with a swing of his sword. The Alliance, Horde, Scourge, etc, are not a threat to him.

Even the Old Gods don't frighten Sargeras. The only thing he really fears is a being more powerful than himself...and right now in the Warcraft universe, there isn't one. Sargeras IS the single most powerful entity. However, Sargeras knows that the corruption of a world soul could result in a being even more powerful (a void or dark Titan) that would consume the universe. All of Sargeras' actions are pre-empting this from happening, by wanting to destroy any world souls he finds.
    What do you think happens when Sargeras kills a Dark Titan or if a dark titan kills Sargeras. The loser would get turned into a undead slave to serve the Lich King and than the winner would be next in line. Sargeras doesn't have the strongest holy light power to kill the Lich King's host so his attacks are useless against the lord of the dead. Same goes for the Void Lords and dark titans, their shadow and void powers would do zero damage to the Lich King. The Lich King however can one shot any of them by one shotting their souls and everything has a soul. If Sargeras combines his powers with the Uber World Soul in Azeroth than maybe he will have a chance to beat the Lich King if he gets lucky but without the light, he still won't be able to kill the Lich King for good.
    Last edited by The Professional; 2016-03-20 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Than why did the good book said even Sargeras and the Void Lords fear the Lich King?
    That was page 23, page 57 said the Lich King was a Void Lord's fart casually stumbling into reality. You're slacking with that book, keep the pace plox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The Alliance Lost 50 thousand troops to the Scourge according to the Shattering, and we still ended up crushing the scourge. BB's idea that the scourge was invisible is oddly charming though.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Yeah horror and wikipedias dont really get along very well. The old gods were cool, because we coudlnt understand them, we didnt know what they were and what they wanted and we couldnt even quite grasp the extent of their power.

Explaining their origin, giving them masters, drawing maps where they are and so on does kinda ruin them. So did defeating them in a dungeon though. I guess warcraft lore has to move on to somewhere else now. But it was cool, while it lasted.

I am also not really impressed by the idea of thinking voidlords. I would have prefered unconcious void and a light energy and naaru and old gods as manifestations, when those energies break through in reality.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Yeah horror and wikipedias dont really get along very well. The old gods were cool, because we coudlnt understand them, we didnt know what they were and what they wanted and we couldnt even quite grasp the extent of their power.

Explaining their origin, giving them masters, drawing maps where they are and so on does kinda ruin them. So did defeating them in a dungeon though. I guess warcraft lore has to move on to somewhere else now. But it was cool, while it lasted.

I am also not really impressed by the idea of thinking voidlords. I would have prefered unconcious void and a light energy and naaru and old gods as manifestations, when those energies break through in reality.
    Which dungeon? Both C'thun and Yogg-Saron were fought in raids, the former of which even took place in Vanilla WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Stop replying to him, He is clearly just baiting you and you are buying it.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm confused as to the size of Sargeras. In some depictions in the book the titans are world sized (IE Aman'Thul reaching through the skies to grab Y'shaaj) and yet in a lot of the artwork Sargeras is much much smaller. (still comparatively huge compared to anything else around him though) One piece of artwork from the book seemingly puts him only ever so slightly bigger than a pitlord.
    There's a picture of Sargeras slashing his sword through a planet and splitting it in half. Safe to say they are around the size of a planet.

World soul, those titans, are smaller, they are probably around the size of the core of a planet.

Which dungeon? Both C'thun and Yogg-Saron were fought in raids, the former of which even took place in Vanilla WoW.
    Oh, I wasnt really refering to group size, I meant "in an instance by the players". But yeah, that was confusing^^
    What I meant was: Horror and lovecraft stuff works best if you cant even begin to know how to defeat it, so putting a healthbar on it and letting you kill it kinda ruins it too - so since they already did that (because WoW gameplay needs us to kill stuff for loot, which is fine), the old gods had already losts lots of their charme anyway. So maybe its the right time to explain them and move on to other things feeling menacing.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Oh, I wasnt really refering to group size, I meant "in an instance by the players". But yeah, that was confusing^^
    What I meant was: Horror and lovecraft stuff works best if you cant even begin to know how to defeat it, so putting a healthbar on it and letting you kill it kinda ruins it too - so since they already did that (because WoW gameplay needs us to kill stuff for loot, which is fine), the old gods had already losts lots of their charme anyway. So maybe its the right time to explain them and move on to other things feeling menacing.
    To be fair with Blizzard's writers, Cthulhu's head busted after being rammed by a 1920s boat. At least the WoW players wield cosmic powers, magical guns and titan strength while fighting the Old Gods.

It doesn't say it in the chronicles book. So you are making it up.
    And he's going to continue making it up. You're feeding him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    I don't understeand why people feel that. Since the Old Gods don't have powerlevels on their part their are not interesting anymore.

I mean. Seriously. A lot of people liked the Old Gods because of powerlevels. Not because of their concept or anything.
    What? The Old Gods got a boost in power level compared to before. Y'Shaarj was killed by Mogu(it was never actually confirmed to be true since it was just a poem written by them that said so). It made it seem like the strongest OG was taken out by fodder.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

A big problem with a lot of this is that is just more assertions. Before, we had assertions that the Pantheon existed and might return and reoriginate the planet. Now there are NEW assertions that the Pantheon is dead (maybe....maybe not) and that Azeroth is powerful enough to destroy the Void Lords (maybe...maybe not) and that it might be possible for the Old Gods to turn Azeroth into a Void Titan (maybe....maybe not).

We don't really know anything for sure though. Even the Pantheon was in disagreement over what would happen.

The way the new lore has been set up, I feel like they could just hit the reset button again and say "what we told you in Chronicles wasn't really true either. Actually it was impossible to convert a Titan embryo into a Void Titan. That's just what Sargeras believed. The Void Lords had a completely different goal all along!"

Maybe its all BS and the Void Lords TRUE goal was to drive Sargeras insane and make him murder the Pantheon out of fear and Azeroth actually means nothing. Only the Pantheon souls turn out to have survived after all and they actually get resurrected on a second (improved) attempt to inhabit the Watchers.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2016-03-20 at 10:39 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.