Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

BLIZZARD SHAME ON YOU! Future early game...

Blizzard shame on you!

I Love you guys and all you have done "wow, Diablo, Heartstone ecc" but....

I just played the DUNGEON "DEAD MINES".... I was so exited to try it out on low level since I have not leved up someone for a long time...

You know what happen!!!! THE TANK was covered from top to tow with heirlooms.... he just one manned the instance... the entire group just run after him... WHERE THE HELL IS THE FUN IN THAT.... "JESUS".... (sorry for my Anger...) but Instances should be challengein even at low levels, new people... will get bord befour level 40 and just leave... "that makes me so sad" since when I was in Vanilla, it was so fun to level (SINCE IT WAS CHALLENGING).

As it was now... it was not a Dungeons to fight enemis... is was a JOGGING CAVERN....

here are some of my suggestions, to make this post consctructive:

Suggestion 1: REMOVE the stats from all the heirlooms (leave the exp, if peopel wanna level fast)

Suggestion 2: Keep the Heirlooms as they are, but make them not usable in Dungeons (Since they ruin the fun, Completley...)

Suggestion 3: Keep the heirlooms as just transmog and give us some other way to get more Experiance to level faster.

PS: If you as me, I would remove Heirloom completly... they are destroying the early game and leveling part (which was aloot of fun in Vanilla and BC) we have the "level 100" boost, so if people wanna level up fast, then let them get get boost...

PSS: I level in "WHITE" gear and "Block my Experiance each 5 levels just to keep the leveling part challenging.

Blizzard, this words are not to hurt you, but is just and only because I care for World of Warcraft and as it is now, NEW PLAYERS... get board while leveling.

In the end.... its all about beeing Challenging...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Blizzard shame on you!

I just played the DUNGEON "DEAD MINES".... I was so exited to try it out on low level since I have not leved up someone for a long time...

You know what happen!!!! THE TANK was covered from top to tow with heirlooms.... he just one manned the instance... the entire group just run after him... WHERE THE HELL IS THE FUN IN THAT.... "JESUS".... (sorry for my Anger...) but Instances should be challengein even at low levels, new people... will get bord befour level 40 and just leave... "that makes me so sad" since when I was in Vanilla, it was so fun to level (SINCE IT WAS CHALLENGING).

As it was now... it was not a Dungeons to fight enemis... is was a JOGGING CAVERN....

Suggestion 1: REMOVE the stats from all the heirlooms (leave the exp, if peopel wanna level fast)

Suggestion 2: Keep the Heirlooms as they are, but make them not usable in Dungeons (Since they ruin the fun, Completley...)

Suggestion 3: Keep the heirlooms as just transmog and give us some other way to get more Experiance to level faster.

PS: If you as me, I would remove Heirloom completly... they are destroying the early game and leveling part (which was aloot of fun in Vanilla and BC) we have the "level 100" boost, so if people wanna level up fast, then let them get get boost...

PSS: I level in "WHITE" gear and "Block my Experiance each 5 levels just to keep the leveling part challenging.

Blizzard, this words are not to hurt you, but is just and only because I care for World of Warcraft and as it is now, NEW PLAYERS... get board while leveling.

low level dungeons has never been meant to be challenging ever

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Right to the people who quoted me.
    when I wrote "dungeons where not ment to be challenging" i meant it as a broad term as for example Deadmines which OP is talking about, it was the first Dungeon(Alliance) for humans/dwarves/gnomes, least for me at any rate.

and yes, I do remember wipeing in DM, having to go back and grab another tank from stormwind, because LFG was not in the game. (cheers for assuming i joined in 2010).

But back then, it was THE FIRST dungeon, you more or less entered, probably with a group you found in westfall. to most people i played with back then, it was a cake walk, because we knew that we could not be pulling 2-3 packs of mobs, cause our tank wear still wearing 4-7 green items at best, and the healer maybe had some 'decent' gear... 6/10 times, that was the case otherwise it was often that the tank was wearing bloody white gear, i've been there, done that.

or you had the hunter who magicly did not pull, despite the mobs rushing towards him and killing the entire group.

if you had a group of people who knew what the hell you where doing, yes it was easy and yes dungeons today is way easier.

but if you compare Vanilla Wow Deadmines to everquest dungeons..well.. it is easier, no?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#81:a4400
    5th anniversary,
    Last edited by Kharli; 2016-03-19 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Since people can't continue to read a thread.. before posting a reply.. yay, GG.

7+ Year Old Account
    YES THEY HAVE.... at least a little bit... "i am not talking about HEROIC DIFFICOLTY" but at least let the group take some time to do 1 dungeon, let people talk and find out what to do.

NOt... run from start to stop... in 10 minuts... what is the fun in that.

Depends on the tank class. Some tanks are pretty OP early on(*cough* Warriors), some don't even have AoE abilities at 15(I believe Paladin gets theirs at 20).

Leveling dungeons are plenty challenging if you are without heirlooms, tanks have barely any health without heirlooms and tend to die in 2-3 seconds if they overpull if healer is responding to damage intake, rather than predicting it.

Also, do you really give a damn about the FIRST dungeon experience most new players will have? The first dungeon is there to teach somewhat the basics; grouping, facing higher-than-normal health-pool monsters, boss fight mechanics.

YES THEY HAVE.... at least a little bit... "i am not talking about HEROIC DIFFICOLTY" but at least let the group take some time to do 1 dungeon, let people talk and find out what to do.

NOt... run from start to stop... in 10 minuts... what is the fun in that.
    The reason, why the dungeons are currently so easy as you say they are..well

1. Yes people have heirlooms yes, it does make them a lot easier.
    2. The Dungeons them selves are now designed to be easier(Cata revamp)
    3. Blizzard noticed that people did not like over the top challenging dungeons at low level and thus changed them

and as Tehterokkar said, some tank classes are OP as heck in low level.

Warriors/monks
    while druids/paladins hardly have anything to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Too bad they won't read this on this forum.
    Anyways, I disagree, as leveling is not fun after you're done with your first character. It just becomes more and more painful, when you want to get other classes to the level cap. Doing the same quests and dungeons (as most people no longer go max level by questing) for the 5-10th time is just plain boring. I understand that the low-level content is not challenging enough anymore, but hey, it's not vanilla anymore.

You seem new.

Instances have been broken that way for at least three addons. Nobody knows why we even have leveling anymore, it stopped making sense a long time ago.

Yes, that's terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between not challenging and running in packs of mobs without having a chance to die.

Here's a current EU thread that kind of talk about this issue http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17289310346

How about, you seek out challenge where it's meant to be? Or is that a step too far when it comes to your capability? Actually, it seems to be more than most people whinging about "challenge" can handle in reality...

I wouldn't mind it if they upped health and damage in low level dungeons to make mobs last long enough for certain classes to hit them, but they'd still not be challenging to anyone with even mediocre skill due to mechanics. And Blizzard wasting time balancing those to challenge the best of us is a retarded notion.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-03-18 at 02:36 PM.

Even in classic I remember Shamans tanking the first few dungeons.

Mind you it was a little harder than it currently is but by non means it was challenging.

Low level dungeons have to be challenging. Not mythic challenging, which would be fantastic imo, but at least have some sort of challenge.

A few months ago I invited a friend to play wow and he simply got bored after a few weeks, because he felt that everything was so easy...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Depends on the tank class. Some tanks are pretty OP early on(*cough* Warriors), some don't even have AoE abilities at 15(I believe Paladin gets theirs at 20).

Leveling dungeons are plenty challenging if you are without heirlooms, tanks have barely any health without heirlooms and tend to die in 2-3 seconds if they overpull if healer is responding to damage intake, rather than predicting it.

Also, do you really give a damn about the FIRST dungeon experience most new players will have? The first dungeon is there to teach somewhat the basics; grouping, facing higher-than-normal health-pool monsters, boss fight mechanics.
    I care for World of Warcraft and it Longevity, so if New Players dont like it or do not find it challenging, why would they even press on to level 100... they dont know how it is at level 100, so they would think that the entire game is so easy...

I want World of Warcraft to be the best game ever, and "challeng is the core part of an mmo" and even "all the game" if they are not challenging what is the point in playing.

btw: I care for all the WOW players since they make the game better for us all

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard shame on you!

Mod Edit: Please post constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2016-03-20 at 10:12 AM.

If you enjoy doing hard low level dungeons, why don't you find a group of like minded people and that way you guys can do them together with the same goals.
    Other players have different goals, and no matter what kind of dungeon you do, there is always a chance someone gets in there that is totally overgeared.

On my mythic geared druid tank, I practically solo heroic dungeons, and I will continue to do so because I want to get through there fast, and not progress through them again - I did that already when it was new. I like hard content, but artificially making the same old content hard, and even complaining if others don't share my wishes, is not how I would go about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you enjoy doing hard low level dungeons, why don't you find a group of like minded people and that way you guys can do them together with the same goals.
    Other players have different goals, and no matter what kind of dungeon you do, there is always a chance someone gets in there that is totally overgeared.

On my mythic geared druid tank, I practically solo heroic dungeons, and I will continue to do so because I want to get through there fast, and not progress through them agian - I did that already when it was new.
    He is a new player.

He is just dumbfounded by the idiocies we have in WoW - and, yes, 'idiocies' is the right word. Quite a lot of what is in WoW that we take for granted is stupid, we just learned to live with it and stopped rolling our eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imag3x View Post
    Too bad they won't read this on this forum.
    Anyways, I disagree, as leveling is not fun after you're done with your first character. It just becomes more and more painful, when you want to get other classes to the level cap. Doing the same quests and dungeons (as most people no longer go max level by questing) for the 5-10th time is just plain boring. I understand that the low-level content is not challenging enough anymore, but hey, it's not vanilla anymore.
    I completly understand your point, that is why they should make "Potions or buffs" to give you more Experiance.
    Not give you SUPER OVER POWERED GEAR... that runins the game for your self and everyone else.

I was leveling just Chilling, and then a heirloom guy came... and just killed each and every mob for my quest, it took him 10seconds and he had leveled and entire cave.... no more mobs... so this Hurts all the players...

"players who have don it 10 times" should get a Super Experiance buff... but not super Stats....

10+ Year Old Account
    I completly understand your point, that is why they should make "Potions or buffs" to give you more Experiance.
    Not give you SUPER OVER POWERED GEAR... that runins the game for your self and everyone else.

I was leveling just Chilling, and then a heirloom guy came... and just killed each and every mob for my quest, it took him 10seconds and he had leveled and entire cave.... no more mobs... so this Hurts all the players...

"players who have don it 10 times" should get a Super Experiance buff... but not super Stats....
    Hate to break it to you, but you're ~6 years late regarding this issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason, why the dungeons are currently so easy as you say they are..well

1. Yes people have heirlooms yes, it does make them a lot easier.
    2. The Dungeons them selves are now designed to be easier(Cata revamp)
    3. Blizzard noticed that people did not like over the top challenging dungeons at low level and thus changed them

and as Tehterokkar said, some tank classes are OP as heck in low level.

Warriors/monks
    while druids/paladins hardly have anything to do.

I know this my friend, but what I am afreid of is that with the Movie and all the new players comming, they will just leave after 1 month... I want World of warcraft to become the best game ever.

Blizzard should focus a little more on the Low levels... since this is Dangerous for the Longevite of the game...

PS: I have many friends and just known people that try to come back... but after 10 or 20 levels just leave, since they 1 shot everything....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qeldin View Post
    Low level dungeons have to be challenging. Not mythic challenging, which would be fantastic imo, but at least have some sort of challenge.

A few months ago I invited a friend to play wow and he simply got bored after a few weeks, because he felt that everything was so easy...

YES! this is Exactly the issue... and I hope with all my heart that it get fixed...

PS: I agree with you 100%

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard shame on you!

I know your pain I feel like the game from 1-90 is completly different then the 90-100. Heirlooms make everything easy and when you as a new player is used to everything being solo-easy, then you are proberly gonna get a huge surprise when it is expected of you to actually performe when you come up near max lvl. I dont think it is a healthy thing, but i do think that we have reached a point of no return. Heirlooms are a core part of the game right now and dungeons are only gonna get easier with more and more heirlooms coming into the game.

You can't in anyway nerf the heirloom gear, since it would destroy its purpose. Since you can't do that, i dont really know how to fix or help with this early game stat-boom. All i can say is that i feel with you OP, but blizzard dont really care about lvling anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this my friend, but what I am afreid of is that with the Movie and all the new players comming, they will just leave after 1 month... I want World of warcraft to become the best game ever.

Blizzard should focus a little more on the Low levels... since this is Dangerous for the Longevite of the game...

PS: I have many friends and just known people that try to come back... but after 10 or 20 levels just leave, since they 1 shot everything....
    I agree on this one, the game is so noob friendly it feels like fishing with dynamite.