Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    None. They should all be hetero.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm if i had to choose one from each gender, i would say that Mercy would proberly fit a lesbian character, and Genji or Macree would fit to be gay .... but to be honest, they would pretty much all be bi in my opnion Would open up for some great fan art

Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy View Post
    Well because if you want to have well fleshed out characters sexuality is a part of who a person is.

Unless you want more 2d characters like the ones who inhabit the warcraft/diablo/starcraft universes.
    One does not have to add sex into a story or lore to make it "fleshed" out. There are plenty of examples of good fleshed out characters and sex or sexual events never entered the story...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    One does not have to add sex into a story or lore to make it "fleshed" out. There are plenty of examples of good fleshed out characters and sex or sexual events never entered the story...
    It adds to it though. What you find pointless could be a welcome addition to others

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully on character selection there is a filter you can apply which sorts characters by gender, sexual preference, and favourite TV show.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    None. They should all be hetero.
    I vote they all be asexual or all be Bisexual. No middle ground, lets go full bore!

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    Less fighting, more gay speculation plz.

Post art of your favourites. <3
    Must be careful posting art... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Hmm if i had to choose one from each gender, i would say that Mercy would proberly fit a lesbian character, and Genji or Macree would fit to be gay .... but to be honest, they would pretty much all be bi in my opnion Would open up for some great fan art
    Didn't she have a husband?

So bi at best. Unless he was a beard :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    Hopefully on character selection there is a filter you can apply which sorts characters by gender, sexual preference, and favourite TV show.
    If their favourite TV show is the Walking Dead I'm going to have a hard time playing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Must be careful posting art... :P

Didn't she have a husband?

So bi at best. Unless he was a beard :P

If their favourite TV show is the Walking Dead I'm going to have a hard time playing them.
    Just because she has a husband, does not stop her for being all about the puss But, seriously, i know very little about the actual Overwatch lore Im 100% a WoW lore guy ><

7+ Year Old Account
    You can stop talking about this now, the guy who started this got banned for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    D'aaw. <3

Tiny Tracer and Widdle Widowmaker are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Just because she has a husband, does not stop her for being all about the puss But, seriously, i know very little about the actual Overwatch lore Im 100% a WoW lore guy ><
    There's very little to go on at the moment. It's mostly just extrapolated from the little summaries on the playoverwatch-website. It might be worth a look.
    Seeing as there's so little information, speculate away! o_o

Since we're doing WidowTracer (which is no way canon), these are great:

Butt this is still my favourite:

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Sands View Post
    You can stop talking about this now, the guy who started this got banned for this.
    They'd never ban me. I'm too adorable.

D'aaw. <3

Tiny Tracer and Widdle Widowmaker are the best.
    Blizzard made Snow Fight right? Dew eeeet.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-04-04 at 09:50 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Roadhog and Junkrat, because it just seems funny.

To me it really doesn't matter who is gay or whatever in this game, or any game for that matter. That pretty much goes for all media, most of the time in movies and shit the least interesting part of movies is forced romance, even if it's hetero.

Obviously in a FPS it might be a passing comment or something of that nature. For those of you in this thread up in arms about it, it's not going to be forced nor would it be in your face. It's a game about shooting people, it doesn't even have room for romantic subplots, whether it's hetero or not. If it did it would just feel forced. You want a game about relationships and character building do it in an RPG, and have options for a variety of relationships like they do in some games.

Where it is important, at least to some people is how Blizzard decides to take character development outside of the game through comics, web series, or videos like we've seen. A lot of people care about these characters they crafted, and in the real world it would make sense if they were varied in some degree and not all carbon copies of one another when it comes to well, everything (and that includes sexuality).

If it doesn't interest you it's not going to be forced on you. Otherwise what makes the difference if some of these characters are expanded on and end up being gay or whatever. Most of that stuff is going to take place outside of the confines of the actual game itself, it's not like you're going to enter a map where the objective is to infiltrate a secret cabin where you witness Roadhog and Junkrat pounding each others asses lol.

Also:

So attack helicopter is definitely an option :P

P.S. Tracer is at this rally. So she's at least a supporter! Maybe they should've put "love is love" banners in that crowd :P

Deleted
    If Blizzard is so concerned with having a diverse set of characters, including sexuality, then where does it stop?

Next off we're going to get Down-syndrome characters? What about ADHD? Autism? Paraplegic? Come on, we can't leave anyone out! This is 2016 guys! /sarcasm

Yeah, I think this whole diversity thing is ridiculous. F*ck political correctness. It's a plague on society.

And before anyone asks why I compare homosexuality to a handicap, it's because factually it is a condition, it's not natural. Heterosexuality is the natural way, it ensures our species' survival by producing healthy offspring. I know plenty of gay people and I have nothing against them, but glorifying homosexuality is the opposite we should do as it's dangerous to the gene pool of the entire human race. If this gene is allowed to spread (yes, science has proven that homosexuality is genetically inheritable) too much we might go extinct due to fertility issues.

I'm just advocating the safety of our species.

Just for the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with gay people. I have a few gay friends and I see nothing wrong with them, they're just like you and me. However, having said that, I would group homosexuality with other handicaps instead of simply seeing it as a simple diversification of sexuality.

So if gay people are in, I'm waiting to see other handicaps. If they get neglected I think Blizzard is being propagandic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    If Blizzard is so concerned with having a diverse set of characters, including sexuality, then where does it stop?

Next off we're going to get Down-syndrome characters? What about ADHD? Autism? Paraplegic? Come on, we can't leave anyone out! This is 2016 guys! /sarcasm

Yeah, I think this whole diversity thing is ridiculous. F*ck political correctness. It's a plague on society.

And before anyone asks why I compare homosexuality to a handicap, it's because factually it is a condition, it's not natural. Heterosexuality is the natural way, it ensures our species' survival by producing healthy offspring. I know plenty of gay people and I have nothing against them, but glorifying homosexuality is the opposite we should do as it's dangerous to the gene pool of the entire human race. If this gene is allowed to spread (yes, science has proven that homosexuality is genetically inheritable) too much we might go extinct due to fertility issues.

I'm just advocating the safety of our species.

Just for the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with gay people. I have a few gay friends and I see nothing wrong with them, they're just like you and me. However, having said that, I would group homosexuality with other handicaps instead of simply seeing it as a simple diversification of sexuality.

So if gay people are in, I'm waiting to see other handicaps. If they get neglected I think Blizzard is being propagandic.
    There could totally be disabled characters. Already kind of is with Junkrat. But Blizzard could absolutely give us an autistic character or something.

Anyway, on topic - I was never too keen on Widowmaker because I don't like enemy ships that much as serious ships. But boy is there a lot of sexual tension in Alive. They call each other love, and sweet, they don't kill each other when they obviously could.

Can we -please- just keep the identity politics BS out of our games?

Want a character to be gay/straight/bi/other

-BOOM-

Headcanon that shit.

Profit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Since we're doing WidowTracer (which is no way canon), these are great:
    What are you talking about? Did you not see the recent short video?

THE OTP IS 2REAL

What are you talking about? Did you not see the recent short video?
    I'd point out that she just finished murdering someone Tracer admired to further the cause of prejudice and hate, but I know shipping well enough to know that that just makes it hotter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Anyway, on topic - I was never too keen on Widowmaker because I don't like enemy ships that much as serious ships. But boy is there a lot of sexual tension in Alive. They call each other love, and sweet, they don't kill each other when they obviously could.
    Tracer calls everyone "love" and everything Widowmaker says sounds sexy.

"Adieu, cherie" was hot though, I'll give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noctus View Post
    Can we -please- just keep the identity politics BS out of our games?

Want a character to be gay/straight/bi/other

-BOOM-

Headcanon that shit.

Profit?
    These characters have backstories, so they have personalities, and that includes sexualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    We're seriously doing slippery slope fallacy on this?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-04-04 at 01:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if it's Hetero, Homo, Robo, Demi, Void, Seraph, A, E, I, O, U, or sometimes Y. As long as it's put out there well, and not the only thing people care about. I'm sure he'll back peddle but the last chapter I read of Spiderman with Miles. Where his suit got ripped and some blogger was obsessing that he was black. He said he wants to be Spiderman not Black Spiderman.

So as long as it's not the only feature they have, and it doesn't feel super forced. Then I don't care.

Now as to speculation, Widowmaker's gotta be a lesbian. If only Blizz was SUPER PROGRESSIVE then we could have Futa Widowmaker. Alas, SFM artists will tie me over.
    I watched Bible Black for the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reaper

We all know he had a secret affair with Soldier 73 until she went down and now he's one of those crazy ex (or maybe Soldier 73 is the crazy ex, or both)