Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    don't make me laugh.
    So you're gonna use the "I don't care" argument just after I exposed you as being a possible bigot?
    Well guess what, I'm gonna use the actually valid "your opinion is irrelevant" argument because it's, well, true, seeing how you aren't stating anything that contributes to the topic and muttering bullshit without actual reasoning behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Why is this even a question? Why does it matter? And how the hell did it get to 552 posts?
    Because you're bumping it seeing how you like gays so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's fine, it doesn't have any impact on gameplay whatsoever. But, for those of us who are interested in the wider story, comics, videos etc. Then it is a thing that will get visited.
    And that's the people this thread is dedicated to.
    Not these bothersome fuckjobs with nothing else to do but spew bigotry like they're wearing white hoods like edgy dunces.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Reaper really should have a totally fab skin. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Because it's fun.
    That is against their characters and offensive beyond belief. They can enjoy the warm embrace of each other, and the nestling of ones bulge inside of the others mouth without having to be effeminate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    And that's the people this thread is dedicated to.
    Not these bothersome fuckjobs with nothing else to do but spew bigotry like they're wearing white hoods like edgy dunces.
    Nothing bigoted about it. You are the "fuckjob" here, not me. That's why you are so obviously angry that you are resorting to call derogatory names. So far according to you I'm a twat and a fuckjob. I haven't personally insulted you at all so I would say you are the bigot here, not me. Because I think it's stupid and irrelevant to drop a fictional person's sexual preference like it adds a dimension to the character is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I think it's stupid and irrelevant to drop a fictional person's sexual preference like it adds a dimension to the character is ridiculous.
    A character's sexual orientation has the potential to greatly influence how that character interacts with others. I don't think any writer worth their salt would dispute that.
    And it's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    A character's sexual orientation has the potential to greatly influence how that character interacts with others.
    Why do you think that? I disagree completely it's the same character you have in your mind it's a trivial thing that is then added. For instance, you could have read say 3-4 novels where it's the same protagonist where due to the events in the story not much of the characters personal life is mentioned except the issues that have led the character to where they are and say in the fifth novel the writer decides oh btw dude is gay, that somehow changes your entire perspective on the character? It wouldn't change my opinion at all I guess I'm weird as when I read I like to imagine the character how I envision them. Sexuality is never a priority to me like I guess it is to some of you.

That and what is fun about it?

Not sure how I missed this for 20+ pages but, I would make none gay. Why the hell do you need to know a fictional characters sexual preference? WHo the fuck cares? This is the stupidest question I have seen on here in the past week at least. I swear it's past old now ffs give it a rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Are you that pathetically insecure you need constant reassurance that your lifestyle is acceptable you need it reaffirmed through a game? I have never ever given a shit about a characters gender, sexuality, race, religion, etc. I don't need to know what they want to have sex with, it's irrelevant to the game.
    Yes, because in a random group of 20+ people, there's absolutely no way you could possibly find a gay person.

Are you so pathetically insecure you need constant reassurance that your lifestyle is the default you need it reaffirmed through a game?

/Just for fun, I bet Pharah is Transgender. Was Pharaoh but that changed.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

WTB Bastion Zenyatta ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Yes, because in a random group of 20+ people, there's absolutely no way you could possibly find a gay person.
    Relevance to any of what I said?

Are you so pathetically insecure you need constant reassurance that your lifestyle is the default you need it reaffirmed through a game?
    I'm not insecure at all I don't need reassurance at all. I don't get why the sexual orientation of fictional characters is something that people are concerned with. The only thing I can think of is that they are looking for some sort of self reassurance that they need this information spelled out for them. I think some of you aren't smart enough to get my point or are misunderstanding why I am saying what I am. I don't give a shit if they are gay or not, why is it needed to be brought up in the first place. I also never suggested I want to know if they are straight or not either. I don't get why it is information we need to know. I mean how untactful some of you must be in real life I wonder.

Why do you think that? I disagree completely it's the same character you have in your mind it's a trivial thing that is then added. For instance, you could have read say 3-4 novels where it's the same protagonist where due to the events in the story not much of the characters personal life is mentioned except the issues that have led the character to where they are and say in the fifth novel the writer decides oh btw dude is gay, that somehow changes your entire perspective on the character? It wouldn't change my opinion at all I guess I'm weird as when I read I like to imagine the character how I envision them. Sexuality is never a priority to me like I guess it is to some of you.
    Sexuality informs a character's personality as much or as little as their nationality, occupation, religion, social class, favourite hobby, or any other lifestyle factor does. It is one of many defining factors in what makes a person who they are. Some of these things are all but irrelevant to certain characters, while for some they are absolutely critical. Entire stories have been written about every one of these specific areas of life, because they all contain the potential to create compelling narratives and drama.

To dismiss any one of these things as trivial or pointless to explore in fiction is just silly. All that does is limit artistic expression and the breadth of the stories we tell.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    Because you're bumping it seeing how you like gays so much.
    I have absolutely no problem with gay people. I just fail to see how the hypothetical sexuality of a character in an FPS is relevant to anything.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Jumped in to see how much this tumor has grown. Was not dissapointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have absolutely no problem with gay people. I just fail to see how the hypothetical sexuality of a character in an FPS is relevant to anything.
    But we already established before the game was released that it is more than just the FPS, the whole game world and heroes' back stories are being explored in comics, videos and short stories.

10+ Year Old Account

That and what is fun about it?
    He said "It have the potential to greatly influence how that character interact with others." not that it will, i'm pretty sure we both can name novels where the sexual orientation of one or more character is completely irrelevant and in other novels it is relevant, it depends a lot on the writer.

- - - Updated - - -

For the FPS part of it, none, for the lore of it, it may or may not be relevant

But we already established before the game was released that it is more than just the FPS, the whole game world and heroes' back stories are being explored in comics, videos and short stories.
    Sure, I love the backstory - but why does the sexuality matter?
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I love the backstory - but why does the sexuality matter?
    Interpersonal relationships. They're not all entirely platonic. It's odd no one complains about how WM was married to a guy, but that someone might be gay, people go crazy with the 'keep sexuality outta mah game' bullshit.

Interpersonal relationships. They're not all entirely platonic. It's odd no one complains about how WM was married to a guy, but that someone might be gay, people go crazy with the 'keep sexuality outta mah game' bullshit.
    WM being married is part of how she became WM though. It doesn't matter who she was married to.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

10+ Year Old Account
    WM being married is part of how she became WM though. It doesn't matter who she was married to.
    Well of course not, but if she was married to a woman, would it have been ignored the same?

Well of course not, but if she was married to a woman, would it have been ignored the same?
    I personally wouldn't have batted an eyelid at it.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically like every other discussion of Will-They-Won't-They.

Except gayer.