Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boothisphere View Post
    Which characters hold fundamental christian values where they outright despise all micro genders and sexual attractions?
    Which characters most sympathise with nazi doctrine?
    We're giving backstory right?
    Which characters would vote for Trump? Thats what really matters and we all know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Maybe? Would it matter if that was the case?
    Quite possibly it would in respect to their own and others' interaction with each other in the story content that accompanies the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Why do you care? Are you going to send them a late wedding gift? Oh thats right, they aren't real people so its not necessary to apply the rules for living people to them. Ahh shit, I guess you'll just have play the game instead of pretend their fictional sexuality matters.
    Blizzard made it matter when they decided the Heroes were more than faceless killing machines behind balaclavas and respirators as Valve opted to use in the CS franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boothisphere View Post
    Which characters most sympathise with nazi doctrine?
    Reichhardt, clearly.

Anyway, back to desperation for validity. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Quite possibly it would in respect to their own and others' interaction with each other in the story content that accompanies the game.

Blizzard made it matter when they decided the Heroes were more than faceless killing machines behind balaclavas and respirators as Valve opted to use in the CS franchise.
    Tell me more, tell me about the sexuality of quake characters with their individual faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me more, tell me about the sexuality of quake characters with their individual faces.
    If Quake had a plot and external videos, comics and stories, I'm afraid I missed them.

Dunno why anyone is getting bent out if shape over the lore of the game including the character's sexuality, it's a meaningless bit of fluff if you’re not into reading up on lore. We’re given quite a bit of such fluff by Blizzard, the fact there is soo much fluff and lore is kinda what separates it from the competition. Are the short films and comics required in order to enjoy the game? Nope, but to those that enjoy that sort of thing they flesh out the world Blizzard is making. If they want to include sexuality into that, that’s their decision, I just hope it’s not cliche heavy handed hamming. Also doesn’t mean just who is bumping uglies with who, but also the deeper emotional connections between characters and the world they’re in. If the lore isn’t what you’re into, why would it matter what’s written in it? This is no more absurd as giving those bios that include things like blood type, as if that matters to anyone who has no care for such fluff in their lore. Ok it’s way less absurd as sexuality if a far more character defining trait than blood type, but then it was the first fluffy lore bite I could think of when considering character lore in gaming genres. If it’s well written lore, I’ll like it, if it’s not.. well umm.. at least the game is still playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If Quake had a plot and external videos, comics and stories, I'm afraid I missed them.
    What about Team Fortress, Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed or Super Mario? Or Warcraft and Starcraft?

I'd say most videogames don't give a crap about the sexual preference of their characters, regardless of how fleshed out their universes are.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Team Fortress, Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed or Super Mario? Or Warcraft and Starcraft?

I'd say most videogames don't give a crap about the sexual preference of their characters, regardless of how fleshed out their universes are.
    Mario rescuing his Princess. Raynor being just slightly in love with Kerrigan, the plethora of relationships in WoW... Story driven games have relationships and therefore sexual preference, just because you don't notice because they're mostly heterosexual doesn't stop them existing.

10+ Year Old Account

All Assassin's Creed characters are straight though. After all, the in-game explanation is that we're experiencing what they did through genetic memory, which we wouldn't have access to if they didn't produce offspring. (I'll also just point out that we can play both the Frye twins in the same game, and the easiest explanation for that is that they produced children together, rather than their offspring getting together in the short time span since the game happened).
    Mario, Luigi, Daisy, and Peach are all straight, since you know.. They're dating and stuff.

However, I agree. Most games don't explain their characters sexuality, nor should they, as it has very little plot

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know what your definitions are, but at just a cursory glance I can tell you that sexuality is present in most, if not all of those series (Can't speak for Resident Evil or Starcraft, personally). Heck, Team Fortress features a gay character in Valve's short video sketches and comics, though not explicitly.

I don't see what you're trying to say here.

To be fair, all of this stuff is kind of a stretch. I mean, it's not like Overwatch has ever made any kind of commentary on equality and embracing alternate lifestyles in any of its story material.

wait

oh no there's too much gay

help

LOOK AT HOW GAY HE IS WITH THOSE GAYVIATOR SHADES OMG

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Why must sexual preference come into games like this in the first place?
    It shouldn't. I could understand if it were in the comics... as it pertains to back story... and if also those comics are aimed at adults. Bringing in sexuality to a cartoon video game just feels so forced and inappropriate. It would be like putting a gay character into Shrek.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2016-07-22 at 10:18 AM.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Deleted

There are literally loads of relationships in WoW. This is just it isn't it? When the relationships are straight there can be dozens of romance stories and people will happily claim that there's no sexuality present. It's only when it's a non-straight relationship that people suddenly start complaining that they don't want sexuality in their video games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    All Assassin's Creed characters are straight though. After all, the in-game explanation is that we're experiencing what they did through genetic memory, which we wouldn't have access to if they didn't produce offspring.
    What's bisexuality?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    What's bisexuality?
    Incredibly rare?
    Occams Razor and all that.

What's bisexuality?
    Greedy as fuck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Incredibly rare?
    Occams Razor and all that.
    Actually the most common sexuality. The vast majority of people are not 100% gay or straight, they're somewhere in the middle. Never heard of the Kinsey scale? Now that doesn't mean that everyone is equally attracted to all genders, but most people are capable of attraction to the opposite sex. As homosexuality and bisexuality becomes more and more accepted, more and more people are going to identify as bi. See this survey, where 1 in 2 young people in the UK identify as not 100% straight: https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/08/16...-heterosexual/

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the most common sexuality. The vast majority of people are not 100% gay or straight, they're somewhere in the middle. Never heard of the Kinsey scale? Now that doesn't mean that everyone is equally attracted to all genders, but most people are capable of attraction to the opposite sex. As homosexuality and bisexuality becomes more and more accepted, more and more people are going to identify as bi. See this survey, where 1 in 2 young people in the UK identify as not 100% straight: https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/08/16...-heterosexual/
    There's a VAST difference between being slightly attracted to members of your own sex, and being bi. At least in my mind.
    Being bi means you are able to find both sexes sexually attractive, which the VAST majority of people simply do not

Bastion and Zen are gay for each other.

Which characters would vote for Trump? Thats what really matters and we all know it.
    All of them, imo.

"Make Overwatch great again!"