Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Aside from the fact that I am sure all class halls will have a portal to Dalaran, my main is a DK so even if there wasn't a portal, Dalaran is not that far away so I won't just sit around to wait for the cooldown to reset..
    Going back to lag fest that will be new Dalaran isn't the best idea but sure beats twiddling thumbs in class hall haha.

Well, considering how "popular" garrison missions were, it makes sense that they would keep it basically the same in the next expansions!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post

Jesus Christ, I'm not even gonna bother going through all of those "points", considering your condescending tone in the initial sentence. I really don't give enough of a fuck right now to make a poll, mate. I'm in the middle of moving house. Posting on here maybe once a day during my downtime to ironically take my mind off of stressful things, and of course I have to personally run into the usual jumped-up, chip-on-his-shoulder, patronising know-it-all who has to find something he can poke holes in, just to feel good about himself. In the same post you look down on me for not making the poll, you yourself then go on to defend the notion that polls are irrelevant and pointless. Do you even know what the fuck you want to be saying? Whatever the hell it is, keep harping on Mr.white-knight of internet justice, IDGAF.

All I know is, the biggest concern I have with Legion is the Order Halls/Garrison 'content'. Out of all the things that have made me wary of purchasing the xpac, this is the most significant. It's gotten to the point where I am genuinely strongly considering not buying/playing it. No fucking pre-orders this time - no chance. Gonna wait for reviews, at least. There. That's what I'm gonna do, vote with my wallet. The only way Blizzard will care/pay attention. Not that you'll care eitherway no doubt, anyway. Poke some more holes, whilst sitting safely on the sidelines, as usual. I'm done with this "conversation".

Good day, sir.
    Well you certainly are full of yourself.

You think that just because the game will have features that even remotely resemble garrisons, you would quit the game? Thats is LOL funny. Garrisons were not a bad feature. All it would take is some changes / improvements and the feature would be amazing, and thats exactly what they are doing with Class Order halls. I generally like Garrisons, especially the figuring out which buildings to build, trying to get all level 3 blue prints unlocked, getting all achievements etc. The problem is when you have several alts, you get burned out, which im willing to bet thats exactly what you do. You probably have 20 alts and you want all garrison benefits from each alt equally. Stop playing so many alts, and focus on ONE character.

People mistake having nothing else to do but sit in your garrison and refreshing missions with being stuck in your garrison doing missions.
    Even as it stands now most missions take hours and you have no need to sit in your garrison waiting for them to complete, the problem is there is little else to do currently to take you out of your garrison.

When tanaan was released did people not go to tanaan because they were stuck in their garrison?
    No they refreshed their missions and went out adventuring for a couple of hours.

Do you not raid because your stuck in your garrison?
    No, you refresh your missions and then going out of your garrison raiding for a few hours.

The problem is not specifically the garrison being so great but the problem is there is nothing else that interests people outside of the garrison so why leave?
    People haven't spent the vast majority of time in their garrison in WoD because it was so great but because there was nothing else interesting to do, not that garrisons are highly interesting but if your just going to be uninterested anyway you may as well sit around getting easy gold etc while being uninterested rather than waste time going out somewhere to do nothing and getting nothing for it.

From some of the things i have read about garrison hall missions i am actually feeling worse about them than i am the current garrison missions as i see very quick missions and i am expecting people to be stuck in their class hall as if they leave they will miss out due to missions completing so quickly so you need to hang around to constantly refresh them rather than just refreshing them and then having hours to spare while they complete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well you certainly are full of yourself.

You think that just because the game will have features that even remotely resemble garrisons, you would quit the game? Thats is LOL funny. Garrisons were not a bad feature. All it would take is some changes / improvements and the feature would be amazing, and thats exactly what they are doing with Class Order halls. I generally like Garrisons, especially the figuring out which buildings to build, trying to get all level 3 blue prints unlocked, getting all achievements etc. The problem is when you have several alts, you get burned out, which im willing to bet thats exactly what you do. You probably have 20 alts and you want all garrison benefits from each alt equally. Stop playing so many alts, and focus on ONE character.
    I'm not currently playing, at all. When I was, I had one toon I was playing seriously. Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Do y'all just never look at what's being presented or
    Truthfully? I usually just skim, but because Garrisons were such a horrible feature to the game and my desire to never want to see another iteration of them again overwhelms sometimes.

So yes, I have had a very indepth look on what they have claimed class halls will be and what they have representing them on the alpha. Those two things are very, very different which is why being annoyed at Blizzard for putting a fresh coat of paint on an otherwise bullshit system is pretty justified.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovii View Post
    You mean what it does on the alpha right now? Because the first thing you do with the table is pick the first zone to quest in and you get a selection of 3, you can't even do the placeholder garrison-like mission when you walk in there. and it's off in the water as well.
    You're clearly not understanding my post, think, k? Blizzard said at Blizzcon we'll go on missions now and then with our champions instead of just sending them out to do the work for us, aka how garrisons are right now. What you mentioned isn't even remotely what I was on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I have a good idea for these missions, scrap the whole fucking idea as soon as possible and start working on some non facebook content. It's such a load of garbage, it's not a new idea what they are doing and makes up a large bulk of the gameplay wait mechanics in many F2P mobile games
    So, I'm guessing you haven't really been following the alpha, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    So, I'm guessing you haven't really been following the alpha, have you?
    No, I've just been playing it for 2 months. I guess you haven't really been following the thread, have you?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    The garrison concept turned out to be underwhelming but it's not because the idea is bad theirs actually ALOT of design space within that system that simple never was explored. Imagine going on missions with your followers as scenarios for example. Imagine finding your alts patrolling inside your garrison. Imagine attacking other garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Quit. No one cares.
    Yeah, nah.

It's not enough to make me quit the game.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    No, I've just been playing it for 2 months. I guess you haven't really been following the thread, have you?
    I don't understand the FB analogy. Not a troll. Help.

Don't blame garrisons for blizzard designing poor end game for non raiders.
    Last edited by eillas; 2016-03-25 at 05:56 AM.

Deleted
    Good, I quite like the FB-content. It makes the game so much easier for me. I can set my followers to missions, go to work and by that earn real-life currency and virtual currency at once.

Now if they only add some more "MOP-Style" dailies for me to do when i'm bored in the afternoon/during weekends that would be golden.

Why not remove all of this bullshit and have the mission table be like a map in D3 where you can pick to go and do you bounty's / dailies etc. This follower system needs to be removed, it's gating content and i fear that Legion will be like WoD with little content, so that is were this follower system comes in. This crap doesn't belong in WoW, give me daily quest hubs any day over this pile of shit.

If Legion goes live like this i will quit this game for good(have not had a sub in months), Blizzard are fucking clueless with their own game now. Before the white knights come in, the sole reason garrisons where semi popular in WoD was the amount of gold you could make from them, take that a way and it's just a simple facebook game with no substance.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Good, I quite like the FB-content. It makes the game so much easier for me. I can set my followers to missions, go to work and by that earn real-life currency and virtual currency at once.

Now if they only add some more "MOP-Style" dailies for me to do when i'm bored in the afternoon/during weekends that would be golden.
    It's basically how these new halls work. It's a cross between WoD garrisons and MoP dailies all together, with a little more added on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Why not remove all of this bullshit and have the mission table be like a map in D3 where you can pick to go and do you bounty's / dailies etc.
    Because that is already in Legion as well as this new stuff.

It's like you people complain before even looking into things.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    It's basically how these new halls work. It's a cross between WoD garrisons and MoP dailies all together, with a little more added on.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that is already in Legion as well as this new stuff.

It's like you people complain before even looking into things.
    It's people like you who defends the morons over at Blizzard are to blame from this once great game going to shit. The game was fine up until MoP, WoD killed this game for me, and you think Legion will be any different.

BTW I've played this game for over 10years now, I've followed all the news, I know how this shitty system works, i was in the fucking WoD Alpha/Beta. The thing is, it's people like you who cannot see what Blizzard are doing. This mission table WILL gate content, it WILL be required for the artifact, it WILL be required for a lot of things, are people really that blind.

Bookmark my post, I'm telling you now i know how blizzard work.

What a mess this game has become.

Deleted
    I think as long as we don't get another debacle like the ship yard I can live with a few garrison-style missions in Legion - as long as those are not an integral part of progressing your character... I'd rather see 90% of the class hall content requiring us to go out into the world and kill stuff and do quests ourselves. Anything that encourages us to go out into the world is always a good thing... the problem with garrisons was that we just sat in them all day not interacting with other players except through guild chat or whispers... at least in the class order halls we'll see other players, so it's not as bad. Blizz spent a long time developing these garrisons and I'm not surprised to see elements of them coming into play for Legion. I just hope they've taken the feedback on board.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    It's people like you who defends the morons over at Blizzard are to blame from this once great game going to shit. The game was fine up until MoP, WoD killed this game for me, and you think Legion will be any different.

BTW I've played this game for over 10years now, I've followed all the news, I know how this shitty system works, i was in the fucking WoD Alpha/Beta. The thing is, it's people like you who cannot see what Blizzard are doing. This mission table WILL gate content, it WILL be required for the artifact, it WILL be required for a lot of things, are people really that blind.

Bookmark my post, I'm telling you now i know how blizzard work.

What a mess this game has become.
    I like garrisons, so yeah any extra fun additions to it is fine by me.

"I've played this game for xxx years" =\= I know what im saying.

Stop spreading bullshit and wishful thinking.

Even if it will be gated some content like " 2 legendary equipped? 15k resource + 14days " it is only good for the game longevity since some tardlord on mmo c cry for Vanilla good ol days and forget that we need to waste a truckload of time for some shit.

So GATED content is the only way to make this game last longer and avoid mmo c tard lord to make countless thread "HURR DURR CONTENT DRAUGHT!!"£!"£"

Tbh on the alpha the class hall table/map already give daily/bounty quest so....it is even better than the live garrison.

also "majority of player hate garrison"

Please link me a paper with DATA and % of player that hate GARRISON because i really wanna to see
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-03-25 at 09:30 AM.