Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    It's people like you who defends the morons over at Blizzard are to blame from this once great game going to shit. The game was fine up until MoP, WoD killed this game for me, and you think Legion will be any different.

BTW I've played this game for over 10years now, I've followed all the news, I know how this shitty system works, i was in the fucking WoD Alpha/Beta. The thing is, it's people like you who cannot see what Blizzard are doing. This mission table WILL gate content, it WILL be required for the artifact, it WILL be required for a lot of things, are people really that blind.

Bookmark my post, I'm telling you now i know how blizzard work.

What a mess this game has become.
    Posts like these are why Blizzard isn't listening to you.
    If you want change try approaching them like an adult.

You played for 10 years? So did many of us, others, who do not agree with your opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's people like you who defends the morons over at Blizzard are to blame from this once great game going to shit. The game was fine up until MoP, WoD killed this game for me, and you think Legion will be any different.

BTW I've played this game for over 10years now, I've followed all the news, I know how this shitty system works, i was in the fucking WoD Alpha/Beta. The thing is, it's people like you who cannot see what Blizzard are doing. This mission table WILL gate content, it WILL be required for the artifact, it WILL be required for a lot of things, are people really that blind.

Bookmark my post, I'm telling you now i know how blizzard work.

What a mess this game has become.
    I've played this game for over 10 years too... and I was on every Beta, but I dont pretend my opinion will become an imposition or an announcement of empeding doom.

I dont have any problems with followers missions and "gate content", just like during TBC where all the contents was gated (untill attunement was removed) or during WotLk where progression through raids was gated too, and there are a lots of thing that are "required" into a MMORPG, that's how a mmorpg works.

My problem is with no content outside the Garrison in WoD... if not for the raids (but are just a couple of nights) and followers, I would have no reason to log into WoW.

Also, you think the game was fine even in Cataclysm? Did you totally forget Mount Hyjal daily quest hubs? Because that was shitty too.

So, if you think this game is totally mess... just quit and move on.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2016-03-25 at 01:14 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Posts like these are why Blizzard isn't listening to you.
    If you want change try approaching them like an adult.

You played for 10 years? So did many of us, others, who do not agree with your opinion.
    He is also part of the problem he complains about. He continue to supports the game he seemingly strongly disagrees with its direction. He will probably say he subs with gold, but that is even worse since that supports a premium sub fee of $20 a month.

I actually enjoyed the follower missions in WoD. There was just arguably too much of it, and not enough of anything else fun. If they can strike a good balance in Legion of time spent on this, and time spent doing other things I'm fine with that.
    I can however understand some people's unhappiness that it may be mandatory for artifact stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    When do give us things to do, people bitch (MoP dailies), when they don't give us shit to do, people bitch (Garrison missions), then when they try to strike a balance, people bitch some more.

Also, The Reaver has an amazing sig...

i think you are missing the point, people want playable quests for their class. not a browser game thats called "world of browsergame trait farming"

i especially left wow at the point, where the sideaspects took over the actual game.

i want to play an mmo called world of warcraft.

i dont want to play pokemon, i dont want to play farmville, the sims, simcity, gtaX or whatever game.

i want to do quests with my paladin (or whatever class) and fight bad monsters, help the innocent and so on.

the problem is, more and more games become such an algamated mix of "everything" within one game, it clearly looses the focus.

im totally okay with pokemon and thesims beeing in wow, but i dont want to be ... lured into playing them, just to completely develope my class.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Stop your crying, for God's sake. Bo-fuckin-hoo, they do stuff and then actually want me to do stuff! Do you wanna play the game or not? This silly, stupid crying all the time. Either you're into it or you're not.
    That's the problem, isn't it? A LOT of people aren't into Garrison missions. I personally quit about half a year ago like so many others, in large part due to Garrisons. Order Halls are turning out to be Garrisons, and it's probably not in Blizzard's best interests to remake that mistake.

Even the fanboys should worry about WoD's massive subscriber loss being recreated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    I can however understand some people's unhappiness that it may be mandatory for artifact stuff
    Judging by Blizzard's actions in the past and the fact that they aren't taking steps to avoid making the same mistakes again, chances are that it'll definitely be mandatory. A good balance in all its glory, but Blizzard have made it very clear that they want everyone to do the content they've worked so hard at. Which means that Garrisons will be mandatory in Legion, just like it was in WoD (despite them saying it would be completely possible to ignore it, originally).

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    He is also part of the problem he complains about. He continue to supports the game he seemingly strongly disagrees with its direction. He will probably say he subs with gold, but that is even worse since that supports a premium sub fee of $20 a month.
    "He" is not part of the problem. His 10 years provides him a broader view of what the game was, is and might be. His experience should lend greater credibility to his assessment. Anyone that thinks a person who has played the last two expansions only is "equally experienced" needs to look up the definition.

It is ludicrous for people to watch this game go from 12 million subs to what is most likely less than 3 million... and think anything but the game no longer offers what it did when it was at it's height of popularity. The further they go away from "that game"... the less people that stay to play "this game".

WoW of yesterday was a fine watch... with many moving parts and a complex machine that self wound itself... self perpetuated.

Today's WoW is a $3 digital with a 2 cent PCB and a half dead 25 cent off-brand battery. When the battery goes dead you buy another $50 expansion.

Blizzard has gotten lazy and no longer wants to create content of the caliber and quantity it once build it's empire upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    That's the problem, isn't it? A LOT of people aren't into Garrison missions. I personally quit about half a year ago like so many others, in large part due to Garrisons. Order Halls are turning out to be Garrisons, and it's probably not in Blizzard's best interests to remake that mistake.

Even the fanboys should worry about WoD's massive subscriber loss being recreated.
    First and foremost, I don't care about the loss of subs from people who reflexively have to resort to calling others "fanboys" because they don't have anything relevant to say anyway. Like I said: you're either into it or you're not. Stop whining! Quit the game, nobody cares about your sub. People who quit over a minor thing like a few garrison missions can't be helped anyway, they'll quit - or, if we're being honest, threaten to quit - over any kind of BS. Can't design a game around those people's sketchy mindset.

Why not remove all of this bullshit and have the mission table be like a map in D3 where you can pick to go and do you bounty's / dailies etc. This follower system needs to be removed, it's gating content and i fear that Legion will be like WoD with little content, so that is were this follower system comes in. This crap doesn't belong in WoW, give me daily quest hubs any day over this pile of shit.

If Legion goes live like this i will quit this game for good(have not had a sub in months), Blizzard are fucking clueless with their own game now. Before the white knights come in, the sole reason garrisons where semi popular in WoD was the amount of gold you could make from them, take that a way and it's just a simple facebook game with no substance.
    Well..don't be surprised if you can make gold doing follower missions in Legion. The current values of 1 copper on the interface are simply place holder values as they could be change to gold, order hall currency, etc.

So it is possible you obtain gold from your followers doing a mission, then the followers giving you a world mission to go out in the world to gain additional gold or bounties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    It's basically how these new halls work. It's a cross between WoD garrisons and MoP dailies all together, with a little more added on.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that is already in Legion as well as this new stuff.

It's like you people complain before even looking into things.
    It indeed looks like a cross design between the two aspects and I am not sure how I feel about it till it is fully fleshed out. But I am concerned that there will be massive time gating behind this system.

Of course you will... WoD completely broke the economy. They know Garrison Missions are to blame and are nerfing them to the ground in Legion.

Keywords "in Legion". Because they know if they nerf them now there will be another huge loss of subs. For many, taking advantage of that gold leak is the ONLY reason to stay subbed. I know I would unsub the second it's gone. No other reason to play WoD at all. AT my current pace I will have around 4-5 million gold by Legion... and there are many who will have that and much more.

Broken economy is broken.

Since Legion is looking to be a WoD 2.0 and Order Halls will be Garrisons 2.0... they will HAVE to provide some incentive to keep doing Order missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Honestly, this won't be as bad as Garrisons as it isn't the primary game mechanic of the expansion unlike garrisons where it was the "big thing" of WoD. Sure the Class Halls are the big thing this time, but I'm sure there will be less focus on the missions, or if there is that the system is better than before.
    Oh my sweet, summer child

You Know Nothing
    Wrath baby and proud of it

First and foremost, I don't care about the loss of subs from people who reflexively have to resort to calling others "fanboys" because they don't have anything relevant to say anyway. Like I said: you're either into it or you're not. Stop whining! Quit the game, nobody cares about your sub. People who quit over a minor thing like a few garrison missions can't be helped anyway, they'll quit - or, if we're being honest, threaten to quit - over any kind of BS. Can't design a game around those people's sketchy mindset.
    I assure you Blizzard, the only people whose opinion on the matter actually matters, cares immensely about "our" subs. It's also pretty easy to jump to conclusions regarding fanboyism - it's generally those telling others to stop giving their opinions and feedback about whatever the target of the fanboyism is doing. People who do that generally do it with everything said target does, making them fanboys.

If you'd like a fancier word to describe you, we could try apologist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Of course you will... WoD completely broke the economy. They know Garrison Missions are to blame and are nerfing them to the ground in Legion.

Keywords "in Legion". Because they know if they nerf them now there will be another huge loss of subs. For many, taking advantage of that gold leak is the ONLY reason to stay subbed. I know I would unsub the second it's gone. No other reason to play WoD at all. AT my current pace I will have around 4-5 million gold by Legion... and there are many who will have that and much more.

Since Legion is looking to be a WoD 2.0 and Order Halls will be Garrisons 2.0... they will HAVE to provide some incentive to keep doing Order missions.
    Uh, except the reason they're removing it in Legion is more likely because they always try to make old content irrelevant so that people have to play in the newest content, for better or for worse (definitely better with this change). Chances are that they're intending to make Legion into a goldmine one way or another as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

To be fair, the economy has been broken for a much longer time than the mod-based gold farming that is the mission table, and really - every expac the masses shout about gold inflation.

I assure you Blizzard, the only people whose opinion on the matter actually matters, cares immensely about "our" subs. It's also pretty easy to jump to conclusions regarding fanboyism - it's generally those telling others to stop giving their opinions and feedback about whatever the target of the fanboyism is doing. People who do that generally do it with everything said target does, making them fanboys.

If you'd like a fancier word to describe you, we could try apologist?
    Blah blah, more hot air and more offended squabbling. You can call it fanboy or apologist or whatever, it's all crap, because you know shit about me and I haven't been "apologizing" anything. Quit your petty whining.

Blah blah, more hot air and more offended squabbling. You can call it fanboy or apologist or whatever, it's all crap, because you know shit about me and I haven't been "apologizing" anything. Quit your petty whining.
    Offended? What?

I wonder if you'll sit here in a year's time and complain about Legion being shit and completely forget about telling people to not give Blizzard feedback, or if you'll still be a fanboy trying to convince yourself that Blizzard can do no wrong.

Offended? What?

I wonder if you'll sit here in a year's time and complain about Legion being shit and completely forget about telling people to not give Blizzard feedback, or if you'll still be a fanboy trying to convince yourself that Blizzard can do no wrong.
    I can tell you with near 100% certainty.

I'm not gonna sit here complaining about the game being "shit" - never did that, no matter what expansion. Not a whiner.
    Also not gonna claim that Blizzard can do no wrong, because never did that either.
    Not gonna tell people not to give Blizzard feedback. But what I probably am gonna do here and there is to tell people like you to stop whining.

Childish bitching and crying isn't "giving Blizzard feedback". It's whining, and it's pathetic. This isn't Blizzards feedback forum either - more like a group therapy session for people who hate everything about the game but can't stop because they're addicted.

I wonder if Blizzard truly understands how many people just log garrisons to do missions for the metric shit ton of gold they provide? If they never provided gold (which includes vendor trash and crates for more vendor trash) no one would have even touched them beyond a "let's see what this is" look. Garrison buildings are picked to support that gravy train.

My take is Blizzard is mistaking lots of people like me as enjoying Garrisons when in fact that is completely opposite, we are just riding the gravy train until it ends. Personally despise garrisons. They destroyed professions. They moved people from capital cities to garrisons, which is still not out in the world, so no change.

Deleted

BTW I've played this game for over 10years now... whine, whine, whine, whine
    Games a mess? Gone to shit? Play something else instead of wasting your life batching about and playing a game that you do not like. People need to lighten the hell up on this forum. Since resubbing and coming back here all I've seen are threads complaining about shit. There's no pleasing you people, you'd find a way td bitch if they gave you everything you asked for and more.

Vanilla/BC/Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD are over. This is an MMO, they change or they die. If you don't like the changes then don't play. This is my 7th year playing the game but that doesn't give me the right to dictate how development goes. If I don't like the game, I'll unsub and play FF14 or something for a while. It's called voting with your wallet.

Do garrisons suck? Not really. They're a nothing feature. I log in, do my missions and leave to go do something else. Nobody is making you stay in your garrison while you wait for missions to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgarroth View Post
    Games a mess? Gone to shit? Play something else instead of wasting your life batching about and playing a game that you do not like. People need to lighten the hell up on this forum. Since resubbing and coming back here all I've seen are threads complaining about shit. There's no pleasing you people, you'd find a way td bitch if they gave you everything you asked for and more.

Vanilla/BC/Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD are over. This is an MMO, they change or they die. If you don't like the changes then don't play. This is my 7th year playing the game but that doesn't give me the right to dictate how development goes. If I don't like the game, I'll unsub and play FF14 or something for a while. It's called voting with your wallet.

Do garrisons suck? Not really. They're a nothing feature. I log in, do my missions and leave to go do something else. Nobody is making you stay in your garrison while you wait for missions to complete.

The reason this game is in such a mess is because people who would pay and play mindless crap have no investment in the game. Many, especially the longer term players are invested in their characters... and have been here long enough to have experienced the BEST this game has to offer... and now the worst. Of course they are bitching... the game they have come to love, have invested hundreds of days, thousands of hours of playtime has become barely recognizable from the game it once was.

Pray tell... what is it you do when "leave to go do something else"?
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-03-25 at 06:59 PM.

I am convinced that Blizz will have follower missions offer this to players:

1. Order hall currency
    2. upgrades for followers
    3. Gold
    4. Gear
    5. Additional missions that make you explore the Broken Isles.

The goal is to make a design where all players are satisfied which obviously has major drawback which I will touch on shortly. However, first we must examine that some players will not be interested in exploring and doing bounty dailies or the extra missions the followers will bring. Most players will be happy with the follower mission set up. Players that do not like that will be able to do additional missions out in the world once followers have completed the initial mission for bonus objectives and extra loot in the Broken Isles.

However, players that don't care for the mini game of facebook follower play are forced to do it to be able to do world questing or daily quests it seems. Personally, they should bring back daily hubs to satisfy players that like world questing and take out the speed bump of waiting for followers to hand you a world quest from a follower mission.

Let me add I think Blizz thinks the problem was with the Treasure hunter trait (which they nerfed once already and nerfed again in Legion). I think they miss the point of how powerful passive gold generation is. But then again I think they deem this acceptable since buying and selling on the auction house is passive gold generation as well if you know how to flip items and trade goods.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-03-25 at 06:55 PM.