Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Verstappen making up the wrong tyre strategy. Don't wanna compare him to Senna but I just did.

Deleted
    What a drive by verstappen, incredible!

Mad Max : Interlagos Road.

It was one truly impressive drive from Max, shame for Lewis that the safety cars dropped him so far behind Rosberg. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    As impressive as Verstappen was, guess who wasn't happy? That's right. Our champion in whining. Ladies and gentlemen give it up fooooor Sebastian Vettel!

End of the race was incredible from Verstappen, guy is a genius even if he does push the rules too often. Really glad that Lewis got the win as it means the title will be decided in Abu Dhabi, though Rosberg just needs to play it safe and he's got the championship. Would be a real shame of Rosberg wins the championship from 2nd with Lewis winning, as we would have lewis losing the championship after winning more races.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    End of the race was incredible from Verstappen, guy is a genius even if he does push the rules too often. Really glad that Lewis got the win as it means the title will be decided in Abu Dhabi, though Rosberg just needs to play it safe and he's got the championship. Would be a real shame of Rosberg wins the championship from 2nd with Lewis winning, as we would have lewis losing the championship after winning more races.
    Why would that be a real shame? Lewis won in 2008 finishing 5th in the final race with less wins than Massa. Maybe I'm missing your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Why would that be a real shame? Lewis won in 2008 finishing 5th in the final race with less wins than Massa. Maybe I'm missing your point.
    It would be a shame because he would have won because of reliability and not on merit. It was a shame that Massa didn't win in 2008. Winning a championship against someone who out raced you but had worse reliability is not exactly something we want to see is it? If Rosberg wins on points but comes second to Lewis in a straight out race in Abu Dhabi then it will be exactly that situation.

It would be a shame because he would have won because of reliability and not on merit. It was a shame that Massa didn't win in 2008. Winning a championship against someone who out raced you but had worse reliability is not exactly something we want to see is it? If Rosberg wins on points but comes second to Lewis in a straight out race in Abu Dhabi then it will be exactly that situation.
    IDK. What are they on, 9 wins each? Hamilton still has a pretty good reliability record over his career. If Lewis finishes with one more win than Nico I wouldn't say that Lewis "outraced him." If Nico has a large points lead and doesn't want to risk incident, I would say that's smart driving. In one sense, you could say that Nico is outracing Hamiliton by doing only enough to guarantee the championship. There's no shame in "winning on points," to the contrary, that's how the championship is decided.

The only shame for Massa in 2008 was because of the whole crashgate in Singapore. If not for Flavio and Nelson Piquet JR, Massa would have been World Champion.

But Hamilton did outrace Massa in 2008 and would have had the championship finished before Interlagos that year if it wasn't for the FIA being so scared they were not going to have a final race show down that they gave Hamilton a penalty time that just perfectly put him behind Massa at Spa.

Lewis with a lot of good laps in the qualifying, but I don't think it will be enough. Nico has the rest of the pack easily covered and without some kind of failure should be able to bring it home second for the title.

- - - Updated - - -

So Max could decide the title depending on what happens here? Very nice move from Rosberg though to get past him, I can't see him losing second though, his car is too fast. I mean Lewis is driving slowly and still pulling away from the others.

- - - Updated - - -

It's amusing hearing Mercedes continually telling Lewis to go faster, I mean they've won the constructor's title and Lewis' only shot at winning the drivers title is to make Nico lose places, why on earth would he be trying to drive away?

End of the race was intense, edge of the seat stuff. Shame nothing actually happened though, I was hoping some drama would unfold from Hamiltons efforts.

It was an exciting race at least, I mean Lewis could have finished 30 seconds clear, but what would be the point? I mean all this talk of F1 being boring, it will be if racers have to follow all team instructions and can't actually race. I thought we'd put the drama of team orders behind us.

Well at least well done to Nico. Been a long time coming and thoroughly deserved in my opinion. Hopefully Ferrari can pull something out of their hats next year and get back on form but honestly if Vettels tyres hadn't started to go off he may have won or been fighting for 1st at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations to Rosberg's engineers on making his car more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Congratulations to Rosberg's engineers on making his car more reliable.
    They supposedly switched the crews if I recall? But to be fair for the past couple of years Nico has been at the brunt of reliability that cost him. Especially Italy and Russia last year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well at least well done to Nico. Been a long time coming and thoroughly deserved in my opinion. Hopefully Ferrari can pull something out of their hats next year and get back on form but honestly if Vettels tyres hadn't started to go off he may have won or been fighting for 1st at least.
    I believe Vettel did hold back in the last 2 Rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    I believe Vettel did hold back in the last 2 Rounds.
    His tyres were going off as well but yeah he did hold back a little. Guess he wanted to avoid an accident with Nico.

10+ Year Old Account
    They supposedly switched the crews if I recall? But to be fair for the past couple of years Nico has been at the brunt of reliability that cost him. Especially Italy and Russia last year.
    Outside of the head to heads between the two, the championships have been largely decided on reliability issues.

Until another team builds something competitive, they will continue to be determined by it.

Deleted
    His tyres were going off as well but yeah he did hold back a little. Guess he wanted to avoid an accident with Nico.
    yeah exactly. he could have tried but i realy believe he didnt want to reward Lewis for his Bullshit slowing down