What if the 1994 strike never happened?

How would things be different if the 1994 MLB Strike never happened? Would baseball still be the #1 sport in America?

No, I think it was going downhill anyhow. I actually don't think the strike did much to kill bb. It came back with a Yankee dynasty, hrs being hit in record numbers for 10 years straight and also even had the Red Sox win a world series and still is going down. Its just too slow paced of a game to keep people interested in big numbers. Especially people who grew up in the internet age and are used to getting and seeing things happen instantly. Its quite common to watch a bb game for 20min without even really seeing anything happen. One at bat can sometimes take 5-7min and then a pitching change is another 10min wasted. Plus you have things like the catcher going out to the mound, guys constantly stepping out of the batters box. I gave up on baseball about 15 years ago for the most part. Just too slow and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baseball bounced back in a big way, I don't think they suffered much for it. Baseball today is over 20 years removed from it without any labor stoppages since.