Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Where is the problem?
    The thing causing people to get upset isn't microsoft per say so much as what it says about the tech industry and women to certain groups of people.

Sex sells, and its not only Microsoft that's doing similar things at conventions, seeing as how the concept of "booth babes" are a thing that's been under heavy fire by various "progressive" groups for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Every time you think the era of booth babes has passed, something else comes along to make you wonder whether tech has changed at all.
    Wait, what? Booth babes are gone? Who the FUCK authorized that?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Feminists are just ugly, fat losers who resort to slut-shaming hot female dancers in order to protect their fragile, sexist egos.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Sex sells, and its not only Microsoft that's doing similar things at conventions, seeing as how the concept of "booth babes" are a thing that's been under heavy fire by various "progressive" groups for some time.
    Yeah, fuck 'em. Seriously, this is where I draw the line. Who the heck gives them the right to take away our booth babes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Feminists are just ugly, fat losers who resort to slut-shaming hot female dancers in order to protect their fragile, sexist egos.
    And Leo speaks the truth once more. Thank you, Xarim. The voice of sanity in all this chaos.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Sure, as soon as Apple hosts a party where men dress up like half-naked little boy to attract female customers you can mention me in the thread and I will be there.
    Women tend to look for success.
    Men tend to look for fertility.

Guess which direction the ages go with respect to these. Don't forget: men don't become infertile with age, and women do. They're not fantasizing about 'children', just because they're young women in pleated skirts. For men, (heterosexual) sexuality tends to be a very simple equation: Young(maximally healthy, & fertile) x attractive(your biology's way of hinting that there are good genes present) = desire to mate. Or are you one of those people who thinks everything to do with gender/sexuality is the result of socialization, and biology plays no role?

And in this case, as said above. SEX SELLS. It attracts eyes. It's not to hate on women, it's to exploit peoples pocketbooks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And Leo speaks the truth once more. Thank you, Xarim. The voice of sanity in all this chaos.
    Not saying I helped Leo win that oscar, but I've had this avatar since before he did The Revenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Not saying I helped Leo win that oscar, but I've had this avatar since before he did The Revenant.
    I'm well aware of that.

Glad they apologised and realise this isn't acceptable for this kind of event.

Feel bad for the dancers, they were just doing the job they were hired for.

It's the person that hired/thought this was a good idea that was wrong. Gaming and tech used to be a majority male thing, and with this kind of stuff happening at events will continue to be a majority male thing, as it certainly will turn some women away. (I personally don't mind sexy female dancers, however there is a time and a place for it, and this event imo was not the time nor the place and makes the event feel sleazy and cheesy)

So by not using these kinds of male fantasy dancers at events like this, we help get rid of that old stereotype that gaming and tech is male orientated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, fuck 'em. Seriously, this is where I draw the line. Who the heck gives them the right to take away our booth babes.
    I don't really care either way, just adding context as to how someone might see it as a problem.

They're just there to do something they're being paid for, but seeing the practise of having dancers/booth babes disappear wouldn't bother me either.

They're not angry that these women were doing their jobs, they're only angry that they were employed.

Just another example of the puritanical authoritarianism of the crazy-left who are, at this point, just an alternate version of the Tea Party. Gotta love that Horseshoe Theory.

I'm convinced that a big part of their sex negativity is just poor self-esteem. Having sexy women dancing at an event has no effect on you at all. if you are somehow #Triggered by seeing scantily clad women dancing, you should probably go see a psychiatrist because you might be a completely unstable individual.

I'm gay, so I don't give two shits about Booth Babes, but if companies want to use them and they're paying them to do their damn job, then get the fuck over it. Leave the event if you're such a SJW tryhard. I really wish more companies would tell these individuals to promptly fuck off when they try to demand the world alter to their unstable viewpoints about sexuality.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-03-19 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    AND? Who the fuck are you to tell them are not allowed to do this? Who the fuck even gives a shit that they hired dancers as entertainment?
    Why is it always random hipster feminist garbage that bitch about stupid shit like this, why is there almost not a single female veteran developer who bitch about these kinds of things, no in fact they do the quite opposite. Could it be because m-m-muh mysogny in tech is actually just bullshit coming from people who have no experience with the industry?

No, it's pretty fucking normal to hire dancer or booth babes for events, they act like fucking hosts.
    You wouldn't give two single fucks if they hired only male dancers, that's the truth, you only bitch because they are suddenly female.

God forbid they get some entertainment for what is largely a male audience.

There is no problem, but you know, feminist/SJW trash stirs up shit like they normally do.
    I'm sure most of the people bitching wasn't even at the convention.
    Lol you woke up on the wrong side of the bed Nothing about this story should get anyone this worked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Remember women, if you want to be a sexy dancer at a party, that's not your own personal thoughts.

It's just Patriarchy.

Oh noes, Boothe Babes!!! The horror!!!!

C'thulu likes Boothe babes.... ALOT!!! He gives them 12,000 tentacles up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Oh noes, Boothe Babes!!! The horror!!!!

C'thulu likes Boothe babes.... ALOT!!! He gives them 12,000 tentacles up!!!!
    I think we all know where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumicide View Post
    I think we all know where this is going.
    Yeah!

12,000 ovens worth of brownies, right?

I don't know why people seem so offended by "booth babes" (though its a dumb thing that people feel they have to try to market something besides their product). If there was a female equivalent that appealed to them and not males, then a company should use that if thats their specific demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Just another example of the puritanical authoritarianism of the crazy-left who are, at this point, just an alternate version of the Tea Party. Gotta love that Horseshoe Theory.

I'm convinced that a big part of their sex negativity is just poor self-esteem. Having sexy women dancing at an event has no effect on you at all. if you are somehow #Triggered by seeing scantily clad women dancing, you should probably go see a psychiatrist because you might be a completely unstable individual.

I'm gay, so I don't give two shits about Booth Babes, but if companies want to use them and they're paying them to do their damn job, then get the fuck over it. Leave the event if you're such a SJW tryhard. I really wish more companies would tell these individuals to promptly fuck off when they try to demand the world alter to their unstable viewpoints about sexuality.

If these dancers had relevance to the event taking place, I would have zero problem with it, but what relevance do they have to gaming and tech? Sexy school girl dressed dancers? It's a ploy used to brainwash guys, or try to, the folks that hired these dancers, are trying to use these sexy female dancers because they think all men think with their dicks. So rather than defending them for having sexy dancers, why not be annoyed that these companies still think this way about men and how they advertise to you, do you want companies to think that the only way to advertise to you guys is through sex? Aren't we more than that?

I am female, I love dressing sexy for my myself and my hubby, I love going to shows that have women and men dressed up sexily, and entertaining. But there is a time and a place for it, and for me these dancers were out of place for the event that they were hired for.

And just to be clear, I am not offended by it, I am however a little saddened that this kind of thing is still thought of as an ok way to advertise/pull in men at tech/gaming conventions, especially as it has no relevance to the actual event, and just used as a way to advertise towards men as though it's the only thing men can relate to.
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2016-03-19 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    The point is that Microsoft hired FEMALE dancers in slutty clothes. Not male dancers. Whether the dancers make money or not is not part of the problem. Their right to be dancers and make money by wearing slutty clothes is completely separate.
    Not really. You're crapping all over their right to actually be hired to do that by imposing additional restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Not really. You're crapping all over their right to actually be hired to do that by imposing additional restrictions.
    I mean; 'm one of the more ignorant posters here, but even I'm pretty sure that's not how it works/.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.