Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand how you would expect a grimdark movie adaptation to come out of Warcraft. I mean it's a cartoony comic book game.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I beg to differ, especially with Mad Max: Fury Road, which took home many Oscars (different categories).
    You are confused as to what "blockbuster" means. It refers only to being a commercial success; nothing to do with awards.

Force Awakens was a blockbuster; Room was not.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Ironic that Saruman turned out not to be that wise, and you choose that for your name/avatar. This is a silly thing to complain about.

relax, its only 12$ a ticket
    Be feared, or be fuel

No yeah I mean warcraft was always meant for deep, brooding middle-aged intellectuals.

I swear have the urge to slap OP for using character of one of the greatest actors that reacently died, as avatar, while saying this. I'd say it's rather that he is the very same age as the movie he's criticizing to be and wants something more edgy to feel more adult while watching this movie.

A WoW movie for mature audience was already made. Just look for "Rogues do it from behind"

Deleted
    Im going to watch it for the lore and possible freebies, after seeing the mix in cgi and real stuff like the dwarf/the king im not expecting it to be that good but oh well

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many people are falling for this troll.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll still go see it but my expectations are pretty low. It's budget got so big that they didn't have much choice but to widen the target audience (hence the short "Warcraft" title) and you can tell it's not exactly Oscar material or a super-deep plot. For most longtime wow players the story will be very predictable. It's more a "Intro to the Most Basic Wow Lore" 101 movie. That doesn't mean it won't be enjoyable though, and it will be fun to finally see it on the big screen.

I will say though I think I'd much rather see an animated-cgi movie from Blizz that is more like the expansion Intros or cut-scenes extended to 90 minutes+. For me at least that would be far more fun, seeing something of that quality in a movie length with a new lore plotline that we didn't already know before watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    I will say though I think I'd much rather see an animated-cgi movie from Blizz that is more like the expansion Intros or cut-scenes extended to 90 minutes+. For me at least that would be far more fun, seeing something of that quality in a movie length with a new lore plotline that we didn't already know before watching it.
    I agree 100%. I love WOW cinematics and these Warcraft Trailers don't even come close to the quality or their sense of awe and wonder. I really think the Warcraft movie is going to be one of the biggest flops this summer.

You guys do realise that producing CGI like those from WoW intros would take tremendous amount of time and money?

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    You guys do realise that producing CGI like those from WoW intros would take tremendous amount of time and money?
    12 months for 4-5 min. So it would take 25 years for a full CGI movie.
    Why can't people do the reserch?

What's more predictable are the "This is going to suck so bad, anyone that thinks this will be good is a damn fool" threads ..... I mean is that very act NOT tired and predictable at this point in time....especially any pending game release from Blizzard (though I'm sure you could easily replace them with another dev/publisher and it would still hold true) and any game based movie? How creative and "daring of thought" you are for going on the ledge of all predictions to say a video game based movie might have a shot of sucking! WOW Captain obvious much?

How about you NOT go crazy with your initial thoughts of "game made into a movie = suckage" and try to open your mind a bit .... its been proven that we as humans can actually "think" our experiences into being worse than they are...if you think so negatively and only negatively about something -- especially before you "experience it" you definitely can make it worse for yourself.

Of course I have another theory why people going "this will suck if you like it or thing it'll be good you are fools"......the theory is a bit of psychology you see some people do that whole act because in reality they LIKE it but they are insecure to the point they don't want to be made fun of or feel like a fool if that which they like falls apart or out right flops in the minds of millions....so you see you do the act that you hate something , do the act that it'll suck ...make sure you are on record for it sucking...then you go see it and secretly enjoy it ....without saying anything until you read a lot of the reviews from others...

In the end ... I don't give a rat's ass what the OP , you , the guy that posts after you (I guess unless I'm the one that posted after you....lol...awkward) don't really care what any of you think of the movie when it hits or Legion....I care if I like it. If I like it -- that's all that matters...to me.

And honestly...that's how it should be for all of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the "music" in the ad is crap.
    Knowing Blizzard that will definitely NOT be the music of the movie. Blizzard created far better than that.

As for the 12 year olds: Did you expect a film comparable to Lord of the Rings in terms of seriousness and scope from a friggin videogame?
    Get real. It'll be an entertaining CGI popcorn flick. Not one of the masterworks of all time.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a fan and that played since warcraft 2 and readed all books i have to agree with him. after i seen the trailer my heart just fell the fuck down. the scenario is wayyyy changed much... stormwind lives?! seriously?! its not warcraft one. its only a name taken and characters. but the story is completely shit as i see it. further it will be even more changed. maybe there will be no Arthas story later at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    12 months for 4-5 min. So it would take 25 years for a full CGI movie.
    Why can't people do the reserch?
    I agree...

Its not NEARLY that drastic... Very simple examples without much research easily proves it wrong -- Pixar films...those are computer rendered...Cars and Cars2 , all the Toy Story movies....they certainly didn't take 25 years to create.

But since someone will surely come back and say "yeah but those were cartoony renders and not realistic detail".....fair enough..

I give you Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, a full length CGI film (running time 108 minutes) released in 2001 by Sony Pictures. Check it out if you are into this stuff its a pretty cool movie in its own rights to any Sci-Fci - fantasy fan.....anyway the film took Sony 4 years to complete, the used 960 workstations and it took 200 people to complete the project in that time at a cost of over $137 million. True it flopped at the box office , made no money (meaning it made less than it cost to make) and rumor is that what killed Square Pictures, Inc. But the point is merely that it doesn't take even close to what you suggest. And that was over 15 years ago too....I have to believe the number crunching and graphical processing power they have for rendering high end CGI is several times more powerful today than it was 15 years ago.
    Last edited by Mytheros; 2016-03-19 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    What movie isnt for kiddies? I Watched the exorcist at 12, french extremist movement from 14, Gaspar noe Yaw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Well that's the last shred of hope gone for me. The new ad has put the nail in the coffin. This film is going to be a fucking film for 12 year olds. Listen to the music, the formulaic "comedy". Every beat in the new ad trailer is so god damn predictable. It's all just a cynical attempt to pull in more subs for WoW. This is a family friendly film about orcs versus humans and you can tell how little substance it's going to have. It's so god damn cringe-worthy. Where is the Warcraft feeling? What is with the damn generic action music? It's the most generic, vanilla, bland attempt I've ever seen. If I was going to make a trailer I'd start it off slow and atmospheric, with building music that actually pays homage to Warcraft/WoW tracks.

Fuck it.

Anyone who still thinks this is going to be good is delusional or is just some 12 year old kid who wants to see some orcs beat up on humans and listen to abysmal one liners for over an hour.
    this movie is gonna bomb imo but it wont be because of a little comic relief. honestly though, maybe im the exception to the rule but with warcraft games i always looked forward to spam clicking units for example the funny lines they came out with so for me a little bit of comic relief in the movie wasn't entirely unexpected. and wow isnt exactly humor free so why you are raging about this makes me wonder what this "warcraft feeling" is you are talking about.

Even if it is trying to pander to an audience that isnt the wow player base are you really surprised? wow is a risky, relatively expensive movie to say the least, its not likely to be a success off of the source materials fans alone so the trailer trying to fulfil its purpose and get joe public interested in seeing the movie is about as surprising as breathing.

I still remember Metzens words almost 10 years back when they asked about the movies rating:

''it's warcraft, it's not pillow-fight craft''

This is back when Sam Ramimi was still the director though, but I hope he sticks to his words for this one.