Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Anti-Trump Protesters Block Major Highway in Arizona

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ally/82007552/

Hey if you don't like Trump join the club... but you're doing it wrong.

If you want to protest him. Do it on the sidewalk. Do it outside his rallies. If you do it in the middle of the highway, you're just going to piss people off. People who need to get places. Maybe someone has an emergency. If you walk INTO a Trump rally and interrupt his speech, you're going to cause a ruckus.

I like how the protesters go into a Trump rally and agitate the crowd and cause violence and the media blames it on Trump. Look, he's a douche. No rational person likes Trump. But truth is, both the left and right are frankly embarrassing to our political process.

WTF America. WTF.

Many carried signs stating "Stand against racism." They also chanted, "Get this clown out of our town" and "What do we want? Dead Trump."
    Keep in mind, it's the Trumpistas that we're to believe are inciting violence.

Or they should just participate in the primaries and support a candidate that they feel better represents their personal values.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so stupid. Blocking things never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Or they should just participate in the primaries and support a candidate that they feel better represents their personal values.
    But what if other people support that evil racist Trump? Those people need to be shown how to embrace love, not hate. Don't they know that it's [the current year]?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ally/82007552/

Hey if you don't like Trump join the club... but you're doing it wrong.

If you want to protest him. Do it on the sidewalk. Do it outside his rallies. If you do it in the middle of the highway, you're just going to piss people off. People who need to get places. Maybe someone has an emergency. If you walk INTO a Trump rally and interrupt his speech, you're going to cause a ruckus.

I like how the protesters go into a Trump rally and agitate the crowd and cause violence and the media blames it on Trump. Look, he's a douche. No rational person likes Trump. But truth is, both the left and right are frankly embarrassing to our political process.

WTF America. WTF.
    Well they learned from the BLM movement so what do you expect. Protesting now isn't peacefully standing in unity to show people you disagree with something it's cause as much disturbance and trouble as you can until you get what you want, just like little kids do when they throw a tantrum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's not true. You just need to block the right things. If they were protesting the poor state of American highway infrastructure, this would be GREAT.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

the problem is, as the BLM movement has shown, is that it does work

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Well they learned from the BLM movement so what do you expect. Protesting now isn't peacefully standing in unity to show people you disagree with something it's cause as much disturbance and trouble as you can until you get what you want, just like little kids do when they throw a tantrum
    That's actually a more historically accurate picture of protesting than what you proposed. Why do you think "liberal" is a swear word to boomers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I like how the protesters go into a Trump rally and agitate the crowd and cause violence and the media blames it on Trump.
    "They're insulting Saint Trump! It's their fault I had to hit them!"

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's not true. You just need to block the right things. If they were protesting the poor state of American highway infrastructure, this would be GREAT.
    You would lose too many protesters in potholes and failing supports...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    But what if other people support that evil racist Trump? Those people need to be shown how to embrace love, not hate. Don't they know that it's [the current year]?
    silly poster don't you know that no one else's views are valid. If you like something that they don't it's not that you just have a different opinion it's that you are just plain wrong and you must be an idiot

If I were American I would protest Trump by not voting for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Stand against racism! Kill the Trump!"

You know, I think murder is probably worse than racism. I think Trump's an idiot and a tool, but come on. This is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    "They're insulting Saint Trump! It's their fault I had to hit them!"
    Well every fight I've seen at a rally was started by protesters usually throwing water bottles or shoving someone else.

How dare trump force these peace loving people to block traffic, doesn't he know its the current year +1?

the problem is, as the BLM movement has shown, is that it does work
    The result of every annoying BLM protest I've seen is people just hating the BLM movement. No one cares about what their message is. No one even knows. All they know is that BLM disrupted them and they don't like them.

Really poor example of successful protesting actually.

BLM actually has, at it's core, a good message to deliver. But they've done it all wrong. The message is that statistically speaking more black men are incarcerated and treated differently in the criminal justice system. There is raw truth to this, but they aren't communicating that message at all. Instead they are just being extremely violent and disruptive and frankly, disgusting in their actions.

So someone who didn't know anything about that movement, instead of being instilled with their message of black people being treated unfairly by the system, only walk away from the experience just being reviled by the BLM movement and have no desire to help their cause because why would they? They act like assholes.

What are you talking about? It's very effective at making people think you're a moron and hate your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    "Stand against racism! Kill the Trump!"

You know, I think murder is probably worse than racism. I think Trump's an idiot and a tool, but come on. This is just silly.
    Words are more devastating than murder because you have to live with the meaning of those words forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well every fight I've seen at a rally was started by protesters usually throwing water bottles or shoving someone else.
    You've never seen a video of a Trump rally then. Have yet seen someone other than the "peaceful" Trump supporters incite the violence inside the venue. As for tantrums, well, the master of tantrums may just become president, so guess it helps set a precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Technically they're doing it right since is sounds like they're trying to prevent a Trump rally and they're blocking the route to it. It just won't be effective and will wind up with them all getting arrested if they don't have the numbers.