Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Thing is, they all left in short timeframe. If it were two or three leaving in short period, that would be a guess of "real life changes". But that many raises that something suspicious going on.

I dont believe in people saying CM getting fired because Devs posts themselves nowadays. Devs used to post alot before too, specially Ghostcrawler. But that didnt make the CM team any thinner.

I have a strong feeling that something is going on in their HQ, but noone seem allowed to talk about it.
    Short timeframe? Most of these people have been with Blizzard for 10, 15, 20 years. There's a point when you say okay I want to try something new.

When GC left the communications moved from mainly 1 person to multiple developers. That bit them in the ass as communication was not coming from a central source. Wires were crossed, announcements mixed up, etc. So after WOD Blizzard reigned it in and that's what you see now. They just need to find another GC if that's even the direction Blizzard wants to go again.

Plus at some point you want people to come in with fresh ideas. Otherwise you end up becoming the EA sports of MMO's. Madden and FIfA year after year with the same stuff, different roster.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So many leaving at Blizzard, it makes you think huh? Inb4 Chris Metzen leaves.
    3 big people and some customer service reps ... OH NO! THE SKY IS FALLING.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    3 well known Community Managers. How many well known Community Managers are left? Neth? Rygarius? It is quite big news.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    you forgot greg street. and rob pardo. and that other executive guy. and the fourth cm. but aside from that,... eem yes.

oh, and that guy 3/4 year ago... (also cant remember)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Short timeframe? Most of these people have been with Blizzard for 10, 15, 20 years. There's a point when you say okay I want to try something new.

When GC left the communications moved from mainly 1 person to multiple developers. That bit them in the ass as communication was not coming from a central source. Wires were crossed, announcements mixed up, etc. So after WOD Blizzard reigned it in and that's what you see now. They just need to find another GC if that's even the direction Blizzard wants to go again.

Plus at some point you want people to come in with fresh ideas. Otherwise you end up becoming the EA sports of MMO's. Madden and FIfA year after year with the same stuff, different roster.
    last part: was it that concept since BC ? dont know what wow you are playing...

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler, Zarhym, Paul Sam, Micky Neilson, Rob Pardo ... big names In Blizzard leaving as It's going more down and down In subs, popularity and everything else.

I'll just drop In here dem facts, Legion Is a giant fan service - a desparate one to get players back again, either old ones who wanted to see all of this stuff, Illidan, Demons and stuff, or new ones completely.

They seem to be banning people left and right for no reasons, there was the ban waves for bot-useage, that -was- bad and mostly correct on Blizzard's part to do. Because It's a blizzard rule that you get suspended, a few times If you have to be and only -then- as a last precaution your acccount gets perma banned, obviously they want you to behave and come back for more moneh, business after all, which here they hoped wouldn't happen, they'd let the people get suspended for 6 months, re-think their bot-using ways and stop, If not, more perma solutions.

But for people like me, and others we were banned for no reason at all, a perma ban I might add with no suspensions prior AT ALL and a completely clean slate In the last 10 years that I've played wow for, because apparently being hacked doesn't warrant me my account back despite the 101 proofs I provide.

So It's like... yeah, Blizzard and/or WoW Is falling apart, one of the two. Quite slowly. And banning your LOYAL customers that have stuck around for 10 years Isn't the way... BLIZZARD...

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Of course, I personally believe that sub numbers will continue to drop until the release of the movie or legion itself. However, there is a trend of data that will back up the fact that at the beginning of every expansion, there is always a spike in subs, and it has never been smaller than 3-4m players. I believe that number will remain the same, or be even larger with the release of both the movie and legion, as well as all the changes coming to WoW with legion. Of course, this is subjective, as I have no real idea as to what's going to happen. And when they decided not to release sub numbers anymore, it became obvious they were decreasing at a fast rate, and when more and more people unsub, others tend to follow that bandwagon. Lower sub numbers mean less players which means more opinions about the game that are negative (this is with wod only), which would convince others to quit. That, and the numbers were getting smaller and smaller. Still a subjective discussion, even with raw data neither can make a safe assumption of what will happen with Legion.

You mean the time people supposedly return? You mean when Blizzard unbans a bunch of random people to bump up the "Returning subs"? Sure there's -some- new people, but half of them are banned people Blizzard decided to forgive and probably banned nonsensically for no reason In the first place just to push up the returning subs. They've always done this.
    Last edited by mmocd60847d150; 2016-03-20 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Added Rob Pardo

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    3 well known Community Managers. How many well known Community Managers are left? Neth? Rygarius? It is quite big news.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Community_Manager

Lists 13 but doesn't include Orynx the CM we got in January. So 14 including Orynx , Neth and the silly Coffee Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKazar View Post
    Ghostcrawler, Zarhym, Paul Sam, Micky Neilson, Rob Pardo ... big names In Blizzard leaving as It's going more down and down In subs, popularity and everything else.

I'll just drop In here dem facts, Legion Is a giant fan service - a desparate one to get players back again, either old ones who wanted to see all of this stuff, Illidan, Demons and stuff, or new ones completely.

They seem to be banning people left and right for no reasons, there was the ban waves for bot-useage, that -was- bad and mostly correct on Blizzard's part to do. Because It's a blizzard rule that you get suspended, a few times If you have to be and only -then- as a last precaution your acccount gets perma banned, obviously they want you to behave and come back for more moneh, business after all, which here they hoped wouldn't happen, they'd let the people get suspended for 6 months, re-think their bot-using ways and stop, If not, more perma solutions.

But for people like me, and others we were banned for no reason at all, a perma ban I might add with no suspensions prior AT ALL and a completely clean slate In the last 10 years that I've played wow for, because apparently being hacked doesn't warrant me my account back despite the 101 proofs I provide.

So It's like... yeah, Blizzard and/or WoW Is falling apart, one of the two. Quite slowly. And banning your LOYAL customers that have stuck around for 10 years Isn't the way... BLIZZARD...

You mean the time people supposedly return? You mean when Blizzard unbans a bunch of random people to bump up the "Returning subs"? Sure there's -some- new people, but half of them are banned people Blizzard decided to forgive and probably banned nonsensically for no reason In the first place just to push up the returning subs. They've always done this.
    if you didnt realize yet: they piss on loyal customers. since a long time. they want fast, quarter based money from "every day a new grow up" kids, paying for an overprized xpac and 2-3 months sub. thats the road they drive on.

look at their game design. its all there just to fit the appropriate market. its a simple cash cow concept. simple as that.

and tbh its normal business these days since "the real players" (your loyal customers) gets older (family etc) and most ppl incl the youngers dont have time for anything these days. so, the "loyal customer concept" is something that nearly nowhere exists today. its all about quarter numbers. and its like that since ~10 years.

its just you who has to wake up
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-03-20 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Community_Manager

Lists 13 but doesn't include Orynx the CM we got in January. So 14 including Orynx , Neth and the silly Coffee Bird.
    Well considering that many of the CM's on that list have only really contributed in Farewell/Welcome threads, I think it's safe to say that they aren't well known. And Lylirra/Vaeflare/Traysent haven't been managing the WoW community for years. And Tyvalir isn't a WoW CM.
    Last edited by styil; 2016-03-20 at 06:05 AM.

I'll just say this.

I have been playing wow since release and this name didn't even remotely ring a bell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler
    Ghostcrawler didnt work on WoD
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    and this have to do with the topic ... exactly ... what ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    and this have to do with the topic ... exactly ... what ?
    Someone said that all these people left after they contributed on WoD naming GC but he didnt work on WoD
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I literally never knew this guy was a guy until today.
    Him leaving doesn't effect anyone, especially since he says he will contribute to Blizzard as a freelancer.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Well considering that many of the CM's on that list have only really contributed in Farewell/Welcome threads, I think it's safe to say that they aren't well known. And Lylirra/Vaeflare/Traysent haven't been managing the WoW community for years. And Tyvalir isn't a WoW CM.
    Of that list there's only 3 that aren't well known by me or my friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone said that all these people left after they contributed on WoD naming GC but he didnt work on WoD
    Rob Pardo also left in 2013 so I can't see that he contributed to WoD either.

I however don't have any wow of confirming that - computers been busted for months now. Would need to start up the wow client and look at the credits screen to confirm.

Yes, he did work on some of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Of that list there's only 3 that aren't well known by me or my friends.
    Well known for their managing of the WoW community that is.

No one at Blizzard is getting any younger.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "After 22 years, I’m leaving Blizzard.
    *Various trolling*
    I have a feeling that many of you don't know what it feels like to have worked at the same place for 22 years.
    Or well, trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    No one at Blizzard is getting any younger.
    "So many devs retiring and dying lol, gg blizz for changing" ><

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he did work on some of WoD.

Well known for their managing of the WoW community that is.
    He actualy said in a quote from twitter that he barely had anything to do with WoD only did some stuff on Quest.

He actualy said in a quote from twitter that he barely had anything to do with WoD only did some stuff on Quest.
    So which one is it? Ghostcrawler worked on WoD (like I said) including working on some quests, or
    ?

15+ Year Old Account
    So which one is it? Ghostcrawler worked on WoD (like I said) including working on some quests, or

?
    I dont consider "working on some quest" actualy working on WoD especially if you take it the way GC said it in the quote.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-03-20 at 07:12 AM.