Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    So you assume Obama doesn't hate cops because there are times at which he has praised them right? So if Donald Trump has had instances in which he has praised Mexicans, for example, would you still believe that he hates them?
    Yeah I didn't say that. Obama hasn't hated on cops, unlike Trump who very actively drummed up hate against Hispanic immigrants, and uses it to gain support from his xenophobic base.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    What is different with hispanic and white?
    To put it in terms you might understand, the relationship between Anglos and Hispanics is somewhat similar to that between the Chinese and Southeast Asians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    people like you who out right lie and take things out of context get Trump more support then anything else
    Um, the outright lie was 81% of white people are murdered by black people. Any unbiased and/or sane person would look at those values and say "those don't sound right" which, incidentally, they weren't (it's 81% of white people were killed by other white people). Trump instead posted it proudly. Also, did you read the responses he got to it? It's alarming (and still available, if you're brave enough to go there). And there was no "out of context" to take it. Trump intentionally posted information he knew was racist, and should have known was false. There is no excuse for that, it's the 21st goddamn century. It would have taken him 15 seconds to find the pic's alleged source did not actually exist.

His defense, "it wasn't from me", is meaningless. He broadcast it as if it was fact. If I teach something in class that's factually false, even if I'm using a new textbook or something, it's on me and I damn well better apologize and correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Yeah I didn't say that. Obama hasn't hated on cops, unlike Trump who very actively drummed up hate against Hispanic immigrants, and uses it to gain support from his xenophobic base.
    So Obama hasn't tried to lump all police together and say they are racist and ignore injustices on an individual basis? So Trump didn't say "some of them I assume are nice people"?

15+ Year Old Account
    So you assume Obama doesn't hate cops because there are times at which he has praised them right? So if Donald Trump has had instances in which he has praised Mexicans, for example, would you still believe that he hates them?
    PLUS, you seem to have forgotten that what Obama said was immediately after his death, before the investigation had fully released all of the information, so there was no telling at that point if the shooting had been justified or not. Obama himself was awaiting news of what had happened. Details are important son.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

PLUS, you seem to have forgotten that what Obama said was immediately after his death, before the investigation had fully released all of the information, so there was no telling at that point if the shooting had been justified or not. Obama himself was awaiting news of what had happened. Details are important son.
    Has Obama since then clarified his stance on the topic? Considering the justice department investigated Officer Darren Wilson and said he didn't absolutely nothing wrong..... has Obama apologized here?

15+ Year Old Account
    So Obama hasn't tried to lump all police together and say they are racist and ignore injustices on an individual basis? So Trump didn't say "some of them I assume are nice people"?
    Obama pointed out the trends of the Ferguson report as deplorable, which it pretty much was given the racial targeting revealed, and he's very often commended cops for their efforts. So yeah, Obama hasn't lumped all cops together in the way that Trump talks about immigrants.

But all of this has nothing to do with Trump's egregious record of hate against hispanic immigrants. It's a deflection on your part, since people are asking about Trump, whose blatant hatred for a certain group of people has been amply shown here.

Obama pointed out the trends of the Ferguson report as deplorable, which it pretty much was given the racial targeting revealed, and he's very often commended cops for their efforts. So yeah, Obama hasn't lumped all cops together in the way that Trump talks about immigrants.

But all of this has nothing to do with Trump's egregious record of hate against hispanic immigrants. It's a deflection on your part, since people are asking about Trump, whose blatant hatred for a certain group of people has been amply shown here.
    Yeah Trump is not a fan of illegal immigrants from Mexico, he is very clear on that. He has no issue with Mexicans coming in to the country via legal means though. I don't think that means he hates Mexicans here, rather the act of coming in to the country illegally.

And because other officers were found "guilty" of corruption in Ferguson, does that mean Obama shouldn't have to apologize to Darren Wilson for essentially placing him in the same category, despite Eric Holder and the DOJ clearing his name?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    @TheBatman - are any of those quotes racist though? Sure they're pretty ignorant and unsubstantiated, but they don't seem to be racist.
    It doesn't matter so much if they are themselves racist if they're pandering to and normalizing racism, which they totally are.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between racism and bigotry. You can be bigoted towards Mexican, Americans, Muslims, etc. where as you cannot be racist towards these groups as they are not races. Racism is bigotry concerning race.

In the case of Donald Trump, I do not think he is a racist. He may be a bit bigoted though. I would however say that there are a large number of people who oppose him who are quite bigoted. Of course, there are many Trump supporters who are bigots and racists as well. The man, the legend, himself though, I don't think he comes off as racist or all that bigoted. Who knows what's actually in the man's heart? Definitely not the media, both left and right, who would paint him as the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Trump is not a fan of illegal immigrants from Mexico, he is very clear on that. He has no issue with Mexicans coming in to the country via legal means though. I don't think that means he hates Mexicans here, rather the act of coming in to the country illegally.
    He doesn't seem to have much of a problem with the other half of the illegal immigrant population (5.4 million out of the 11 million) that are Euros and others not from Mexico overstaying their visas. Despite the fact that they're in this country illegally, he wants to concentrate on the Mexicans... because the Mexican ones are the drug dealers and the rapists, by Trump's own words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Kind of weak, but w/e floats your boat.
    Yeah.. shouldn't have called Donald 'lamprey offal' - not really fair to lampreys; hagfish would have been a more apt comparison - a slimy, spineless, energetically opportunistic carrion eater.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

7+ Year Old Account
    you get to vett the presidential candidate with "YOUR VOTE" not "OTHER PEOPLES VOTE"

you say there is no vett then there is vett then your against democracy but for it at the same time

people are sick of this kind of crap and its causing more normal people to support Trump thank you for helping Trump win the primaries

your side is no better then Donald Trump

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03260bf7896d0
    What? You understand you can't vet with a vote right? That is literally impossible. No matter what you say the definition doesn't change, you know that right?

Who's side? He got a death threat.... Isn't that the same media you said is lies and "dribble", but now you're going to say my side is the side of people giving death threats to Aaron Carter? How disingenuous can you get.

Sick of what kind of crap? You're refuting facts with nothing other than your opinion and calling them lies? Frankly I could care less about the normal Australian voter when it comes to our elections.... Trump wouldn't give a damn about your opinion why should anyone else? Australian citizens have no part of our politics and can't vote, but you base everything you know simply on what comes out of a reality starts mouth. So come over here, become a citizen and start paying for your own education and medical bills and then you can cry about how you don't trust the American media and how everything Donald Trump says is gospel.

So I don't know how many people you think you're conning into voting for Trump, but claiming that everyone who opposes him issues death threats... There's several sides at the moment who oppose Trump's candidacy, Hillary, Cruz, Kasich, Bernie, just because you, over in Australia are screaming about how everyone gives Trump more support simply because you say it.... Well that's not how politics works.

If he wins if won't be because of all the facts you refuted, or how many times you paid a reality homage by calling every newspaper or magazine who doesn't agree with his every word liars. You will still have your precious healthcare and education and your country still won't consider a reality star for Prime Minister. So go try to work on that, isn't Rick Springfield Australian? There you go, there's a challenge, go do some mental gymnastics to make his past go away too. Do you even know why you're supposedly angry at the GOP establishment? Have you ever even been able to vote in the States? Have you voted in an Australian election ever?
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-03-21 at 06:22 PM.

He doesn't seem to have much of a problem with the other half of the illegal immigrant population (5.4 million out of the 11 million) that are Euros and others not from Mexico overstaying their visas. Despite the fact that they're in this country illegally, he wants to concentrate on the Mexicans... because the Mexican ones are the drug dealers and the rapists, by Trump's own words.
    In one of your quotes he said "I'm not just talking about Mexicans but I'm talking about people from all over". Would that not contradict your claim that he's only focusing in on Mexicans?

15+ Year Old Account
    your side is no better then Donald Trump

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03260bf7896d0
    While I basically consider most of our politicians more or less the same person with only some time tiny differences, yes, both sides, including establishment Republicans, are better than Trump.

In fact if Kasich wins the nomination, I might actually vote for him. But Republicans aren't smart enough to nominate a moderate, semi-intelligent person.

15+ Year Old Account
    In one of your quotes he said "I'm not just talking about Mexicans but I'm talking about people from all over". Would that not contradict your claim that he's only focusing in on Mexicans?
    He's said it a couple of times, but the majority of his talk about Mexican immigrants, as are most of his policy. The wall, the policing, everything focuses on Mexican immigrants. He doesn't really seem to have any kind of plan for how to address non Mexican immigrants, likely because he doesn't really care.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-03-21 at 06:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Donald trump has no problem with Legal Mexican immigration he supports it

Donald Trump has a problem with illegal immigrants that break the law

you really don't understand the difference do you..... i feel sorry for you
    Which is precisely why he doesn't really seem to have a problem with his followers harassing and assaulting Hispanics they may think are illegal.

Oh...

At the very least he could have said "Please don't assault Hispanics in my name" but nope.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-03-21 at 06:43 PM.

He's said it a couple of times, but the majority of his talk about Mexican immigrants, as are most of his policy. The wall, the policing, everything focuses on Mexican immigrants. He doesn't really seem to have any kind of plan for how to address non Mexican immigrants, likely because he doesn't really care.
    Are we seeing the same crime rate and other problems (such as drugs coming into the country, rapes, etc.) coming from European immigrants for example?

you really don't understand the difference do you..... i feel sorry for you
    Honest question - have you ever actually seen a Mexican in your life?

10+ Year Old Account
    As he's said.

Uh....partially. You'd think he'd clean house before running for President. Even if the illegals were hired by someone else, if they're on his payroll, it could come back to bite him. And it's not like him firing people is new and/or exciting anymore.

Problem is, he's in a difficult position by his own doing. If he builds as much as he says he does (he doesn't, but that's another issue), he's going to need workers. And if he's going to be in the hotel business, he's going to need workers. And Hispanics make up a disproportionately high part of both of those work forces. Legal, yes, and illegal. And if he wants the labor done cheaply, the shift towards illegal is just a market force in action. So he'll either turn away cheap labor, or risk harming his credibility (even by a middleman manager or the like). That's a tough line to straddle.

I'll also remind everyone that when Trump said this, again, in his announcement that he was running for president,

"When do we beat Mexico at the border? They're laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they're killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems.

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people.

It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably -- probably -- from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast."

Full text for context.

Find the part where he said these rapists (don't forget the rapists!) were coming over illegally. In fact, by saying "Mexico" sends them (and "all over" Latin and South America) he almost implied the reverse. I don't think he meant that, however, but that's an inference not a direct statement. He had to clarify that later, after the (APPLAUSE) stopped, while trying to defend calling them rapists (don't forget the rapists!). And, yes, he doubled down that it was the Mexican government pushing the rapists (don't forget the rapists!) into our country, despite the source he used for such being untrustworthy by his own admission in the same paragraph.