Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard needs to introduce Hearthstone players to Heroes of the storm

Hearthstone has the 2nd biggest player base of any game behind of league of legends. If blizzard truly wants to Crush LoL and Completely conquer the Genre they have to make some changes.

How?

There is a couple of ways:

Rewards in Hearthstone for playing Heroes of the storm:

For example, reach level 20 in Heroes of the storm, and recieve a Hero and a Legendary. A card back is not enough to appeal.
    My Idea; Add a way to get a brand new Hero. Say the Monk class. In hearthstone for example, Maybe you have to Pay Real money, Gold, Finish an Adventure. Add offer to Heroes of the storm that Gives you the monk class for maybe, reaching level 20. do that you and you get a card back aswell as the Class Legendary. (Taran Zhu)?

Rewards in Heroes of the Storm for playing Hearthstone

Prehaps if you complete Blackrock mountain you get Ragnaros in Heroes of the storm, If you complete Naxrammas you get Kel'thuzad for free, League of Explorers Al'akir, Etc. Gives players a reason to play heroes of the storm. They have rewards that are unused but should be used.

Either way, my point being, If blizzard truly wants to Dominate the Genre, they need to take more steps into introducing their vast playerbase into their game. At this place, it's never going to beat LoL, it's barely even going over Smite, which no one even knows exist.
    An'u belore delen'na

Deleted
    They'd have to make HotS not bad if they want to dominate the genre.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the two playstyles are kinda... oposite, no?

Moba is constant movement, choose NOW
    Hearthstone is with turns, choose carefuly

Of course some people play both but... The two games don't have much synergy to do bigger integration.

15+ Year Old Account
    (1) Blizzard's cross-promotion is already one of the biggest out there. Any promo for a Blizzard game will usually come with simultaneous cross-promo for all their other games

(2) HS and HotS are two wildly different beasts. Many people I know who play HS do so on their phones/tablets, to kill 10min here and there, and don't even own a gaming PC.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It's a good idea on the surface, but I don't believe the playerbases are that interchangeable.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I dunno what more they can do other than introduce some Hearthstone heroes.

Which I 100% support :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Hearthstone does not really attract the same type of players though.
    If you really want to do anything in Hots you need a full team, it's a horrible solo experience for most people. Hearthstone on the other hand is just a solo player game.
    LoL, is better at the solo queue but it's still not even close to Hearthstone.

LoL also has what WoW has: A lot of players that have already invested a lot of time in the game and just don't want to move on becuase of time invested.

As many have mentioned here, different game, different players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I dunno what more they can do other than introduce some Hearthstone heroes.

Which I 100% support :P
    Nitpick: A sentiment like yours gets mentioned a lot, but Hearthstone is a Warcraft CG spinoff. So the Innkeeper (just to give an example here) is actually a Warcraft character. Blizzard should look into making other IPs or at least, or revive the old ones.

Heroes of storm is bad. I can play Dota 2 for free and Dota 1 has custom maps also which are great.
    I am not a fan of getting milked for silly pixels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think HS players would be more interested in WoW. So Blizzard made nice steps with Liadrin in order to profit off that.

As for hots and being a HS player (also dota/lol), it was literally hell getting the hots cardback for hearthstone. I just can not get into it. I miss the classic laning and even if I try to focus on objectives, then my teammates will just lane and cause us to fail. The early levels are so full of people who don't know how to play hots which makes it a really frustrating experience. There also is no such thing as carrying in this game because its based around team level and not having items. The feeling of being powerless is real and something which can be so frustrating. So after obtaining the cardback I never looked back to the game.

So no, I don't want them sending me over to hots ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    i found heroes of the storm incredibly unfun and tedious. i guess its just not my type of game.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    They'd have to make HotS not bad if they want to dominate the genre.
    HotS isn't bad just because you don't like it =P

-----/-----

HotS didn't and likely won't ever surpass LoL & Dota2 mainly because they were well established way before HotS sent out any beta access keys.

Just like no sub-based RPG ever surpassed WoW so far.

The next "big thing" that will rise and be "the" game, the one "everyone" plays, likely won't be a moba or a traditional MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Heroes of storm is bad. I can play Dota 2 for free and Dota 1 has custom maps also which are great.
    I am not a fan of getting milked for silly pixels.
    *points* There's the door, fuck boi, don't let it hit you in the booty hole.

Infracted for flaming - Ryme
    Last edited by Ryme; 2016-03-21 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    Cross-promotion does nothing to improve HoTS, which is the real reason it cannot compete with LoL and Dota.

The game is just objectively worse if you want more than a casual MOBA-experience with champions you already learned to love in other Blizzard-games.
    So, HoTS is for people who already play other Blizzard-games, those typically don't need crossgame promotions.

For other players LoL is simply the better game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess the LoL and DotA fanboys really do never miss an opportunity to get in some bashing in any thread they find huh
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I would but the game runs so poorly

In game rewards and some sort of HS style battefield
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I think Heroes of the Storm is a really hard sell. Those who enjoy MOBA's are most likely already playing one, and switching to another is... difficult. People get invested in the one they play, both skill-wise, and money-wise, and time-wise. Giving up the thousands of hours you have spend unlocking stuff/the money you have spend buying stuff in another moba, in order to switch to another is a hard sell, unless the new game is a lot better. That HoTS also has a pay wall, in that you need to unlock heroes, makes it all the harder to sell. Dota players are used to having them all, and lol-players have spend countless hours unlocking the ones they got. And this is not even talking about if the game is good/bad, that is of course entirely subjective. But to most MOBA players, something being "different" will often lead to it being perceived as "bad".

Nah. HotS caters to a very nieche population of players; those that likes mobas but not dota or lol. And if you like mobas, and you like Blizzard since you are playing their games, you have 9 out of 10 times tried out HotS anyway and found it to not be a game for you. A cross-promotion from HS likely won't be bringing many permanent players there.

That being said, I'm all for cross-promotions since I play every Blizzard game except D3 (and OW), but I can't imagine that it's a very prolific way of getting more players into other games.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Nitpick: A sentiment like yours gets mentioned a lot, but Hearthstone is a Warcraft CG spinoff. So the Innkeeper (just to give an example here) is actually a Warcraft character. Blizzard should look into making other IPs or at least, or revive the old ones.
    Sort of. But Hearthstone has shitloads of original "characters" now.

I mean if they made a Sky Captain Kragg or Ogre Ninja hero, well those aren't really Warcraft :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.