Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why people hates HOTS?

I don't want flame war or dramas, i just want to know.

People complaining about QM, MM and other stuff and mostly argue. "LoL exists longer and got this solved" or "HOTS need this right now!"

Okay i understand people are dissapointed, but instead of give an chance, they are leaving and shot hate on internets about HOTS. Guys HOTS in june will be 1 year anniversary after beta. Why people don't give an chance and wait pantient?

In same place i might argue, that Riot did nothing from end of 3 season about tribunal, still is off. And this is also true like HOTS QM, MM etc.

Can you people explain me this? I really enjoy HOTS far more than LoL, but also love LoL only in matter of lore, since for me Riot ruined game.

Mod note: Keep the arguments constructive and about the game. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2016-03-04 at 09:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    people bitch about hots?
    i only see people bitching about the matchmaking which is horrible.
    nothing else.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Matchmaking is garbage, and the community is even more toxic than in dota.

Why does it bother you at all what other people think of the game?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Using LoL and Riot as a benchmark for anything already sets your standards beyond low.

HotS is a game made by one of the biggest names in gaming that have released multiple games throughout its lifespan, any criticism is completely valid. I enjoy the game, but theres some basic things they should really have fixed by now, the reconnect system comes to mind.

I will say though, its too casual a game for me to care that much about, so the matchmaking and such doesnt bother as much as it would in other games of this type.
    I don't mind about criticism, until is fair and at least truth. Yeah it's little bit annoying an lack of content in HOTS for example, but game is officialy released in june year go, so i don't get it.

HotS is horrible.

It has amazing maps, models, skins, animations... all those are top notch, without a doubt...

... but the game sytems suck.

Slow pace. No last hits. No gold. No individual xp\responsability. No items. Matchmaking is horrible. Soaking XP for 'team' is probably the worse concept ever in a MOBA game aswell.

So yea, they decided to make the most basic, simple and casual MOBA they could, to cater to a certain player base, and it 'works' for that, but it's seriously a bad game as it is now.

That being said, they don't care. Blizzard fans will play it and buy the skins, regardless of how good the game is.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love the game, great graphics, great map/character variation, fun to play solo or with friends, fun to play in PVE or PVP modes. It really filled the void left by WoW for me after WoD disappointed so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Slow pace.
    I actually LoLed when I read that. I love it when someone whos never played HOTS makes crazy comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I don't want flame war or dramas, i just want to know.

People complaining about QM, MM and other stuff and mostly argue. "LoL exists longer and got this solved" or "HOTS need this right now!"

Okay i understand people are dissapointed, but instead of give an chance, they are leaving and shot hate on internets about HOTS. Guys HOTS in june will be 1 year anniversary after beta. Why people don't give an chance and wait pantient?

In same place i might argue, that Riot did nothing from end of 3 season about tribunal, still is off. And this is also true like HOTS QM, MM etc.

Can you people explain me this? I really enjoy HOTS far more than LoL, but also love LoL only in matter of LoL, since for me Riot ruined game.
    • Easy game with few mechanics
    • Hard to personally carry and few ways to outshine people (for example no last hits or deny)
    • Most people that play it have no fucking idea how to play a moba (Rank 1 3500 MMR players can't stutter step properly)
    • No draft normal mode leading to some very stupid QM matches
    • No bans for Ranked
    • Rank 1 is easy as shit to achieve and means nothing so there's no desire to play and improve (you can get Rank 1 within 2 weeks of starting the game)
    • Feels dragged out and slow paced due to little in game progression
    • It had previous games to learn from and come out of beta as a complete game
    • The community is batshit retarded and thinks that "you need to play 2000 games to even say you started to understand the game" and flame people that have few games played but high rank; And no, if you need more than 20 hours of ANYTHING in life in order to understand it, you have a learning deficiency and you might need medication
      etc.

It's a casual game and pretty fun to play... as a 5 man stack and chill. It takes itself too serious unfortunately.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2016-03-04 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    HotS is horrible.

It has amazing maps, models, skins, animations... all those are top notch, without a doubt...

Slow pace. No last hits. No gold. No individual xp\responsability. No items. Matchmaking is horrible. Soaking XP for 'team' is probably the worse concept ever in a MOBA game aswell.

So yea, they decided to make the most basic, simple and casual MOBA they could, to cater to a certain player base, and it 'works' for that, but it's seriously a bad game as it is now.

That being said, they don't care. Blizzard fans will play it and buy the skins, regardless of how good the game is.
    Maybe it just isn't the moba for you? I've played dota 2 for ages (all the way back when dota was on the wc3 engine and you had to download the map off a website or instantly kicked) and I love the way hots play. What I dislike about dota is that it quite often goes into stallmate for 40-50 minutes and the winner is usually whoever picked the best carry with the best selection of gear. There's typical loads more action in hots

HotS is horrible.

I found it so refreshing how casual it is.

No, I don't play it often. But when I'm fed up of people who constantly bitch about every little thing I do in other games, it's actually nice to sit back and relax on HotS.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I actually LoLed when I read that. I love it when someone whos never played HOTS makes crazy comments like that.
    Glad you loled, doesn't make it wrong. Sadly i gave the game a shot since i was hyped as hell for it, and played more games than i'm proud to admit... but the game is slow pace. Also, being "forced" to a timed objective every couple of minutes doesn't make it fast paced, sorry.

Also, fast games =!= fast pace, in case you're that daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I've had more long games in HotS compared to LoL lately so no. Also game length isn't the only thing to take into consideration when you talk about slow paced. It FEELS a lot longer than it is because there's close to no in game progression. It manages to make 15 minutes feel like an hour.

My average game length in LoL has been 25 minutes (27 minutes is the average across all tiers). I'm constantly having over 20 minutes games in HotS but they feel slow as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    the winner is usually whoever picked the best carry with the best selection of gear.
    That's the whole fucking point, you get more ways to distinguish yourself using mechanics/knowledge. HotS restricts that heavily.

Biased, but I love it for most of the reasons hulkgor doesn't.

It's fast paced (the lane phase is over in my games by 7 mins, and it's mostly teamfights from there), there's no last hits, no gold, teamwork >>> individual play, I prefer talents to items.

It's biggest weakness for me is the MM system, which is constantly being improved so I've got nothing to complain about really.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

That's the whole fucking point, you get more ways to distinguish yourself using mechanics/knowledge. HotS restricts that heavily.
    And this works in organised/proplay, but fails when you take into consideration the average Joe and pugs. Support in DOTA is probably the worst feeling ever because, as said, 99% of games is a stallmate for 50 minutes, at which point your hero is terrible. In Hots your hero keeps being relevant throughout the game.

I don't like HOTS or LOL or Hearthstone. They are all smaller cheaper games IMO, but that's just me I guess so to each their own. I have played them, but just not something I can do for long.

I guess I like more things to do with more choices and more people.
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2016-03-04 at 03:11 PM.

I do not see so much hate vs HoTS more it does not get the attention that people did think it would get long term, it almost get ignored ....

Deleted
    I don't really see hate, some criticism (some valid, some less) from time to time.

I personally can't stand last hit tedious bullshit or having to take advantage of stutter stepping to get the most out of a character. I don't like in game item stores either.

A lot of people complain that they can't stand out in heroes, but I argue that if you have genuine skill other people who know what skill is will recognize it even in team battles. Genuine skill is self-evident. People without skill think they have skill because they managed to lane solo successfully in other games. When you have real skill in hots other people who recognize it will send you friend requests because they want to play with other players who have skill. When you have skill your opponent will recognize it as well and will spend their efforts removing you first.

The matchmaking problem is partially attributed to the fact that a lot of the more skilled players play other games than Hots, the less high end players you have in hots the smaller the pool of potential challenging opponents you will find meaning that players get matched with lesser performing players more often than not. The more low skill players you get matched with the more high skilled players complain and the more high skilled players go play other games with more competition in them.

I think the problem is rather that they don't talk about HotS at all, but I guess it takes time to get a decent player base when you have two very strong competitors.
    Mother pus bucket!